PDA

View Full Version : Carter hurts right leg

MavsFanFinley
01-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Carter hurts right leg against Hornets

January 15, 2004

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Toronto forward Vince Carter went down clutching his right leg after losing his balance during a dunk attempt Thursday night in a game against the New Orleans Hornets.

Carter left the game shortly after the play and team spokesman Jim Labumbard said Carter would not return the game. Labumbard said the injury was a strained quadriceps.

The Raptors planned to re-evaluate Carter on Friday before determining how much longer he'll be out of the lineup.

Carter was soaring through the lane as he was fouled by George Lynch. Carter stayed down for about five minutes and appeared to be holding his knee before being helped to the foul line.

Standing with nearly all of his weight on his left leg, he missed both free throws, then Toronto intentionally committed a foul so Carter could be taken from the game.

Carter left the game with 4:41 remaining in the first quarter and the Raptors leading 15-9.

rakesh.s
01-15-2004, 11:59 PM
not looking too good

hopefully what barkley said won't come true.."half man half sit out the season"

Murphy3
01-16-2004, 07:36 AM
Oh well..another "Me first" player that the NBA could do without.

DNNF
01-16-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Oh well..another "Me first" player that the NBA could do without.

Leon ????

bernardos70
01-17-2004, 02:50 PM
He's a superb player, but now I understand why some people compare him to antawn jamison and give jamison the edge over carter. Jamison seems to be an iron man, while carter is so injury prone that it doesn't matter how great he is when he's on the court.