PDA

View Full Version : Rockets sign Jackson

MavsFanFinley
01-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Rockets sign Jackson

January 15, 2004

HOUSTON (AP) -- The Houston Rockets signed point guard Mark Jackson on Thursday.

Jackson, who ranks second all-time in NBA career assists with 10,215, played for Utah last season. While with the Jazz, he averaged 4.7 points and 4.6 assists.

Jackson was drafted by the New York Knicks in 1987 and has since played for five other teams, including the Los Angeles Clippers and the Indiana Pacers.

The signing brings Houston's active roster to 12 players.

Speedy
01-15-2004, 10:33 PM
Three more Jacksons and they will have one hell of a halftime showi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif. Cat and Steve better watch out if Mark has success feeding big Yao in the post.

dirno2000
01-15-2004, 11:30 PM
He'll get it to him. Mark Jackson is one of my favorites. Not many have seen the court better.

Speedy
01-15-2004, 11:38 PM
Agree Dirno. The other two texas teams both got nice pg signings. I still have faith in Best though.

Chicago JK
01-16-2004, 08:54 AM
Interesting signing. FWIW I have heard several coaches say that Mark will be an excellent coach someday. I wouldn't be surprised to see him ont JVG bench next year as a coach.

Quetzalcoatl
01-18-2004, 12:04 PM
A very good point guard for them.

Congratulations, Houston.

Nash13
01-18-2004, 02:26 PM
Dallas should've took him over Best. Not to discredit Best, but i'd rather have the second best passer of all times. Plus he wasn't that bad on defense either.

aexchange
01-18-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by: Nash13
Dallas should've took him over Best. Not to discredit Best, but i'd rather have the second best passer of all times. Plus he wasn't that bad on defense either.

sorry my friend, but he's terrible on defense. when he was young, he was a mediocre defender at best. now that he's one year shy of being an absolute caveman his defense is absolutely abysmal. he makes steve nash look like gary payton in his prime.

no thanks.

mavsfanforever
01-18-2004, 11:10 PM
This is probably Jeff Van Gundy trying to help out a player who played for him in the past.

Nash13
01-18-2004, 11:15 PM
sorry my friend, but he's terrible on defense. when he was young, he was a mediocre defender at best. now that he's one year shy of being an absolute caveman his defense is absolutely abysmal. he makes steve nash look like gary payton in his prime.

Ok, maybe he was that bad. However, he is an upgrade from what we have, and could probably keep a high tempo go when Nash exits the floor, unlike Delk and most of the time Best.