PDA

View Full Version : The Worm grabs 14 boards in return to pro ball

Psychedelic Fuzz
01-18-2004, 01:31 AM
Wasn't sure whether to put this in NBA or in Other Sports.

Associated Press
LONG BEACH, Calif. -- Dennis Rodman returned to pro basketball Friday night, grabbing 14 rebounds for the Long Beach Jam of the American Basketball Association.

Beginning his bid for an NBA comeback, the 42-year-old Rodman donned a blond, orange, red and blue hairdo along with braces on both knees.

He played 28 minutes and did not score or even attempt a shot as the first-place Jam defeated the Fresno HeatWave 130-110. Rodman committed four turnovers and four fouls.

Rodman, who last played in the NBA with the Dallas Mavericks during the 1999-00 season before being waived, was happy with his performance.

"I was a little cautious -- it's been 3 years," Rodman said. "In my next game I'll be more alive. By the NBA All-Star break I should be 100 percent and that would be a good time to move forward."

A standing-room crowd of 4,373 packed the Long Beach Pyramid to witness Rodman's comeback.

He received a huge ovation when he checked into the game with 6:47 left in the first quarter. The seven-time NBA rebounding champion said he's not nervous about his comeback and made it very clear why he's attempting it.

"It's just another game as I see it," Rodman said. "I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to play in the NBA again. That's what it's all about."

Evilmav2
01-18-2004, 03:05 AM
Good going Rodman, I'm rooting for you all the way!

Dirkenstien
01-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Im also rooting for Rodman..i hope he earns another chance to play in the NBA

Quetzalcoatl
01-18-2004, 04:42 PM
Yes. I wish Rodman returns again in the NBA.

Jamisonite
01-18-2004, 05:14 PM
I wudnt mind seeing his great defense and boarding in a mavs uniform again

MightyToine
01-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by: Jamisonite
I wudnt mind seeing his great defense and boarding in a mavs uniform again

Damn! Can you imagine him with Walker? They'd probably outrebound most of the teams by themselves!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif