PDA

View Full Version : Brian Grant and Antonio Davis

kg_veteran
01-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Both are undersized and washed up. I don't think Cuban or Nelson are stupid, but if they acquire either of these players, I'll puke.

grndmstr_c
01-19-2004, 03:58 PM
I sincerely hope they're not that stupid. Not that BG and AD are totally worthless, but I wouldn't even dream of trading any of the Big 5, Big Shawn, or JHo for them.

LRB
01-19-2004, 04:07 PM
BG or AD or some combination of Delk, TAW, and Najera might be OK. Otherwise no.

Max Power
01-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by: LRB
BG or AD or some combination of Delk, TAW, and Najera might be OK. Otherwise no.

I'd take either BG or AD for some combination of those 3 players. You can't have too many players who can bang inside - it's just not possible.

But I wouldn't give more than these three.

Chicago JK
01-19-2004, 04:31 PM
KG,
I don't know if both are completely washed up but I have no interest with either at their salary level. Davis is closer to being done then Grant probably. I haven't watched Grant play this year so he may have regressed also. Both guys were very good pieces in their day, but the Mavs would be very foolish going after either due to their production and salary.

kg_veteran
01-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Sure, I'd take one of them for Najera and Delk, but who's gonna do that? Miami's not. Chicago's not.

I wouldn't deal any of the top 10 players on our roster for them.

And as JK pointed out, their salaries are terrible. Cuban was the one who nixed Brian Grant once before; a very shrewd financial move.

Nash13
01-19-2004, 04:40 PM
I don't know crap about Davis, but i know Grant isn't totally washed up. If he was a free agent, he'd be worth the MLE, but i don't think i'd trade anybody on this team for him. Grant can still rebound and he only takes shots when he's open. He's a team player.

LRB
01-19-2004, 04:49 PM
KG ther have probably been dumber trades done, but we have less chance than winning the lottery on a single ticket of getting Chicago or Miami to trade AD or BG for the scrubs on the end of our bench.

kg_veteran
01-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Nash13 - Grant won't be a FA until he's like 40 or somesuch. The dude's contract goes on forever. And personally, there are a lot of guys I'd give the MLE to before I'd give it to him.

LRB - I was pretty much implying I wouldn't trade for him. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

sike
01-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Grant carries a big price tag for not a lot of bang...and like all they need is another undersized big man who aint that big....
Davis I have always liked but seems to have dropped off this year...I think he's 34......not many more miles on those tires....

jayC
01-25-2004, 01:50 AM
If I got Dwayne Wade along with Grant I might do it.