PDA

View Full Version : Malik Rose !!

DNNF
01-19-2004, 05:35 PM
This guy has been in the dog house of San Antonio. He is not hurting at all. We need a player like this in our team right now. This is malik's last 5 games number

Last 5 Games - 2 DNP. Total of 17 pts. and average 7 mins/per game.

Dallas trades: PF Danny Fortson (3.8 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.6 minutes)
Dallas receives: PF Malik Rose (7.7 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.3 apg in 18.0 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +3.9 ppg, +0.1 rpg, and +1.1 apg.

San Antonio trades: PF Malik Rose (7.7 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.3 apg in 18.0 minutes)
San Antonio receives: PF Danny Fortson (3.8 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 0.2 apg in 32 games)
Change in team outlook: -3.9 ppg, -0.1 rpg, and -1.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

MightyToine
01-19-2004, 05:41 PM
If we can nab Malik, that would be unbelievable!!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

He's like a shorter but more athletic version of Fortson!

grndmstr_c
01-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Fantasy. San Antonio is not going to do us any favors.

LRB
01-19-2004, 06:08 PM
There's not enough crack in the state of Texas for the Spurs management to smoke for this trade to happen. Sure I'd love it and accept it in a heart beat if they offered, but it's going to happen right after the Lakers call and offer to trade Shaq for Bradley and Taw.

scorched03
01-19-2004, 06:09 PM
too bad. this guy was i believe available to anyone cuz he was cut by hornets after he was drafted (i think)
except that san antonio picked him up and he became a player... go figure.

thought u never trade to division rivals?

DNNF
01-19-2004, 06:29 PM
Only reason that I bring up this trade is that Malik has been frustrated with the Spurs for not playing him. I understand that it would not be wise to trade to your division rival. However, if they don't want to play him, why not get rid of his $42.00 mil/6 years contract? It is worth a shot wouldn't it. You never know what would happened unless Cuban give them a call.

Just want to add this. Today, Malik played 1 min against the Pistons

grndmstr_c
01-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by: DNNF
Only reason that I bring up this trade is that Malik has been frustrated with the Spurs for not playing him. I understand that it would be good to trade to the division rival, but if they don't want to play him, why not get rid of his $42.00 mil/6 years contract? It is worth a shot wouldn't it. You never know what would happened unless Cuban give them a call.

I know what would happen. They'd ask for Steve Nash in return, both sides would have a good laugh over it, and that would be the end of it.

dirno2000
01-19-2004, 06:37 PM
He's not worth 7mil per year and if they want to get rid of his salary, why would they take Fortson back?

We have enough undersized bigs. I'm not interested.

kg_veteran
01-19-2004, 06:58 PM
Putting aside the particulars of this trade, I don't see the Mavericks and Spurs making a trade with one another so long as they're battling it out for the division title year in and year out. I think they'd be afraid to help one another.