PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Lose!!!

MightyToine
01-19-2004, 10:29 PM
Way to go, Memphis!!

Way to help us out in the standings....

mavsfan7
01-19-2004, 10:42 PM
I was watching that game and the Grizzlies reminded me of how we used to play. The game was so exciting and fast paced. I wish we had that back. We dont seem to play with as much energy and enthusiasm as we used to. That game just remeinded me of what Dallas was all about last year. I dont know whats different but I wish we had that back. I loved that style of play. I want it back!!!!

MavKikiNYC
01-19-2004, 11:16 PM
Mike Miller looks like a player, and Gasol challenged Yao very succesfully.

Pace of the game revved up out of control, but the two teams weren't playing under control.

Mavs are (hopefully) evolving toward a more controlled style of play--maybe not as thrill-filled, but more likely to be successful later in the season, and further into the playoffs, IMO.

No turning back.

dirno2000
01-19-2004, 11:28 PM
Van Gundy's dilemma:

Francis and Mobley are not really suited to the half court game

-but-

If they try to push the ball and up the tempo, Yao becomes fatigued and ineffective

ItalianMobbstah187
01-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Excellent observation dirno....if JVG has his way, I'm sure Mobley will be outta there sooner than later.

kg_veteran
01-20-2004, 01:48 PM
If JVG has his way, I bet Francis and Mobley are both gone in exchange for guys who can execute his system.

ItalianMobbstah187
01-20-2004, 04:53 PM
True, but he'll have to get something pretty damn good in return for Stevie Franchise.

kg_veteran
01-20-2004, 04:59 PM
It'd be interesting to see what Francis' trade value was.

ItalianMobbstah187
01-20-2004, 07:45 PM
That's a great question....any ideas on who they might be able to get in return for him? I'm thinking a decent PG and somebody big up front to help out Yao and Cato.

Nash13
01-20-2004, 09:49 PM
I highly doubt New Orleans would ever do this. Houston has a lot of players with either good contracts for the statistics they're putting up, or bad and untradeable contracts.

Houston trades: PF Maurice Taylor (11.7 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.3 apg in 28.1 minutes)
SG Cuttino Mobley (15.6 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.3 apg in 39.6 minutes)
Houston receives: SG David Wesley (15.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 2.9 apg in 32.6 minutes)
PG Bryce Drew (0.8 ppg, 0.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 3.4 minutes)
PF PJ Brown (10.9 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 2.0 apg in 36.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -0.1 ppg, +1.9 rpg, and +0.8 apg.

New Orleans trades: SG David Wesley (15.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 2.9 apg in 32.6 minutes)
PG Bryce Drew (0.8 ppg, 0.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 3.4 minutes)
PF PJ Brown (10.9 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 2.0 apg in 36.1 minutes)
New Orleans receives: PF Maurice Taylor (11.7 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.3 apg in 34 games)
SG Cuttino Mobley (15.6 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.3 apg in 40 games)
Change in team outlook: +0.1 ppg, -1.9 rpg, and -0.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

stevie_franchise3
01-22-2004, 12:23 AM
Houston wouldnt even do that stupid trade. Bryce Drew, David "too short" Wesley? Who would run the point?

Both of these guys were traded or cut from the Rockets already. PJ Brown would be alright but he is kinda old now.(34)

Mo Taylor brings us instant offense off the bench and Cuttino is instant offense period. No way I do that trade.

aexchange
01-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by: stevie_franchise3
Houston wouldnt even do that stupid trade. Bryce Drew, David "too short" Wesley? Who would run the point?

Both of these guys were traded or cut from the Rockets already. PJ Brown would be alright but he is kinda old now.(34)

Mo Taylor brings us instant offense off the bench and Cuttino is instant offense period. No way I do that trade.

mo taylor doesnt play a lick of D. he makes jamison look all-world on D.

mobley as i've said many times before is the league's dumbest guard. hands down. bar none. he's the only man i've seen come down, dribble with the ball for 20 seconds, and then throw up a 30 ft brick. wait, i forget. there's one other person who does this also.

steve francis.

stevie_franchise3
01-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by: aexchange

Originally posted by: stevie_franchise3

mo taylor doesnt play a lick of D. he makes jamison look all-world on D.

mobley as i've said many times before is the league's dumbest guard. hands down. bar none. he's the only man i've seen come down, dribble with the ball for 20 seconds, and then throw up a 30 ft brick. wait, i forget. there's one other person who does this also.

steve francis.

And which of your bigs play any Defense? Irk? Walker? Hahahhaha! Shoot who if any of the BIG Five plays D? Finley only. And we all know what a great defensive team Allas is anyway.

Mo Taylor has a great chance of winning 6th man of year award and his not playing D is overrated. He isnt that bad of a defender and takes quite a few charges.

And yes Mobley does make some stupid mistakes and takes some undesired shots, but for where the Rockets got him with the 42nd pick and the contract he has now(which is cheap) makes it all the better.

Nash13
01-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Mo Taylor has a great chance of winning 6th man of year award and his not playing D is overrated. He isnt that bad of a defender and takes quite a few charges.

I'm sure he'll get voted over terrible players like Bobby Jackson, Corliss Williamson, and Antawn Jamison. Be realistic

And yes Mobley does make some stupid mistakes and takes some undesired shots, but for where the Rockets got him with the 42nd pick and the contract he has now(which is cheap) makes it all the better.

What does that say about him if he was picked that far back? Maybe nobody wanted him except the Hustn Rckets.

At least you're trolling in another forum.

Male30Dan
01-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by: Nash13

I'm sure he'll get voted over terrible players like Bobby Jackson, Corliss Williamson, and Antawn Jamison. Be realistic

What does that say about him if he was picked that far back? Maybe nobody wanted him except the Hustn Rckets.

At least you're trolling in another forum.

Hustn Rckets - Classic!