PDA

View Full Version : Cook out four to six weeks

MavsFanFinley
01-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Cook out four to six weeks with broken finger

January 23, 2004

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Los Angeles Lakers forward Brian Cook is expected to miss four to six weeks with a broken finger, team spokesman John Black said Friday.

The rookie fractured a bone in his right pinkie during Thursday night's 106-87 loss to the Dallas Mavericks, adding to the Lakers' mounting list of injuries.

Shaquille O'Neal is out with a strained right calf, Kobe Bryant is out with a strained right shoulder and Karl Malone is recovering from a sprained ligament in his right knee.

Cook missed the first 25 games of the season while recovering from surgery for a fractured ring finger on his left hand. In 13 games this season, he's averaged 6.6 points and 4.2 rebounds.

LRB
01-23-2004, 10:34 PM
Looks like it's raining injuries on the Fakers.

Shaq Attack2
01-24-2004, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by: LRB
Looks like it's raining injuries on the Fakers.

How are the _allas Mavs doing? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

EricaLubarsky
01-24-2004, 08:40 AM
when did that happen? I didnt see it. Gosh, I feel bad.

Is it possible that the Lakers could get to under 5 playable players?

madape
01-24-2004, 01:56 PM
That the Lakers will miss a spare like Cook is a testament to their ineptitude.

WayOutWest
01-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by: madape
That the Lakers will miss a spare like Cook is a testament to their ineptitude.

Much like the lack of ONE SINGLE championship banner is a testimonial to the greatness of Mavricks.

Male30Dan
01-25-2004, 03:00 PM
You know WayOut, you have went from an average to above average poster as a fan of a different team to a #%@ punk...

What madape said was simply honest, and you come back trying to start shit!!! The fact that the Lakers are hurt by the loss of a Rookie that is at best a 10th man for any healthy NBA team says a lot about how beat up they are right now... Can you deny that??? And then you just want to start shit by talking about how the Mavericks havent won a title... Well guess what, we havent been so lucky to steal away the games best player by cheating Orlando, nor have we been so lucky to try to steal another championship by signing two guys that could make 15 million a year to 2-5 million dollar contracts... Yeah, you guys have the better past, but with all of your age, you are soon to be in the gutter again... And you better believe that... If Kobe leaves, and Shaq retires in a couple of years, who are you going to depend on??? Ol' Luke Walton and Rush???

Give me a break... You better enjoy it while you have it, because in a couple of years, your ass will be one big Clipper fan!!!

WayOutWest
01-26-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by: Male22Dan
You know WayOut, you have went from an average to above average poster as a fan of a different team to a #%@ punk...

What madape said was simply honest, and you come back trying to start shit!!! The fact that the Lakers are hurt by the loss of a Rookie that is at best a 10th man for any healthy NBA team says a lot about how beat up they are right now... Can you deny that??? And then you just want to start shit by talking about how the Mavericks havent won a title... Well guess what, we havent been so lucky to steal away the games best player by cheating Orlando, nor have we been so lucky to try to steal another championship by signing two guys that could make 15 million a year to 2-5 million dollar contracts... Yeah, you guys have the better past, but with all of your age, you are soon to be in the gutter again... And you better believe that... If Kobe leaves, and Shaq retires in a couple of years, who are you going to depend on??? Ol' Luke Walton and Rush???

Give me a break... You better enjoy it while you have it, because in a couple of years, your ass will be one big Clipper fan!!!

Well Dan, you haven't been much of a poster from day one, from our first posts to each other you've pretty juvenile IMO, so cry me a river.

What madape stated was "testament to their ineptitude", that's a pretty broad statement, pretty much smack talk. madape talks smack now and then and I was responding in kind, talking smack is fun and part of ANY sport. Plus madape has gone off on some pretty historic tirades and the quality of his smack and thoughts IMO tell me that he doesn't need some HYPOCRITE poster such as yourself standing up for him.

FYI, even durring the tough times in the 90's the Lakers only missed the playoffs ONCE, big differrence between what I come to expect from the Lakers durring tough times compared to what you're used to. I'm not worried. I've been a Clippers fan for years and the fun I have with my Clippers season tickets isn't affected by the Lakers one way or another unless the Lakers are losing to the Clips at Staples.

kingrex
01-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Once again the lightning rod that is MadApe has been struck.i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

That's part of what makes the MadApe such a colorful poster and institution on this forum. He is trash talker to the nth degree, and he can suck a fan in like nobody's business.

Drbio
01-26-2004, 01:48 PM
WOW- you are better than that. This is a Mavs board and some laker bashing is not only to be expected, but demanded. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif . Please get back to the good stuff.

SA2- to answer your question...they are doing quite well. 8 game streak now I believe. Your team?