XERXES
01-25-2004, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure I'd do this - but I was playing around on RealGM and came up with:

Dal trades Antoine Walker, Eduardo Najera
Dal receives Antonio McDyess, Marcej Lampe

Pho trades Antonio McDyess, Marcej Lame
Pho receives Antoine Walker, Eduardo Najera

Trade Accepted

I don't think this qualifies as a "sweetheart of a deal" - but I think it could. Like, I said, I'm not sure I do this - but I at least consider it. McDyess would have to sign a long term extension - at reasonable terms. And you cross your fingers and hope he gets back in decent shape and plays up to his form of a few years ago...And Lampe could be a steal...I know it's a pretty big gamble.

Do you consider this - or do I get the flamethrower?

MikeB
01-25-2004, 11:11 AM
No Way Phoenix does this. They have McDyess because his contract is up after the season.
I don't think I'd do it if I was Dallas either...sure Lampe may become a player but will he ever be as good as Walker. That is doubtful...but it is very sure he won't be as good as Walker for at least 2 years and we want to win NOW!

So I say...FLAMETHROWER! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

aexchange
01-25-2004, 11:28 AM
i wouldnt do this deal unless they threw in marion (which would never happen)

dice can't get playing time because he's injured. even when he wasnt, he still couldnt get pt.

not a good sign. unless portland comes a calling, i think dice can be had for under the MLE this year.

OutletPass
01-25-2004, 11:31 AM
I also think that the chaces of trading Eddie are almost nil due to his injury. I honestly think that we need to forget that idea...bad knee + bad contract don't equal a trade asset.

Poindexter Einstein
01-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Without even evaluating the relative merits of the players involved, I would turn down ANY trade unless it gives Dallas some sort of "Big Man" ....I dont think McDyess qualifies as big man help, and Lampej is no more than a wild possibility at this point. Unless there is definite big man help in the trade, I think the chaos of a trade is a bad idea to inflict on a team thats playing well.

MightyToine
01-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Just A Thought :

No more of "those" types of thoughts, okay? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif