PDA

View Full Version : Spurs lose at mil

OutletPass
01-26-2004, 10:34 PM
Don't know if anyone else saw this game...incredible finish.

Spurs down by 1 as time was running down...TD dunks it...a split second too late...the light had CLEARLY gone on as TD was about a foot away from the dunk.

Thank you..thank you...thank you.

mavsfanforever
01-26-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Don't know if anyone else saw this game...incredible finish.

Spurs down by 1 as time was running down...TD dunks it...a split second too late...the light had CLEARLY gone on as TD was about a foot away from the dunk.

Thank you..thank you...thank you.

OP, already discussed at midewest rivals thread. Anyway I think this one deserves another thread.

Finally I see the advantage of having the instant replay. Two seasons back this would have been a win for the Spurs just because its Tim Duncan. Wow, Amazing and mavs go to # 3 spot.

grndmstr_c
01-26-2004, 10:37 PM
I caught that. Great finish (especially since we picked up more ground on the Spurs).

Not to jinx it, but Minny's getting all they can handle from Denver right now, too.

LoveMyMavs14
01-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Mavs could go ahead with a win at Seattle...think that's enough motivation?

bernardos70
01-26-2004, 11:59 PM
Great game, had duncan done a teardrop instead of a dunk...... they could have won. A miscalculation by the reigning MVP, but I'm not complaining, I'll take a spurs loss however it comes!

Chicago JK
01-27-2004, 12:06 AM
I think someone should spend more time practicing free throws than doing this! J/K

http://www.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/slideshows/SHOW_039/fourteen.jpg

Josh
01-27-2004, 02:59 AM
The Milwaukee announcers were priceless

Shaq Attack2
01-27-2004, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by: Josh
The Milwaukee announcers were priceless

Were they ever. They acted like they had just won the championship.

razap
01-27-2004, 12:53 PM
sahq attack..i may have to admit that you may have been right about the spurs being an average team. i think their confidence is slowing fading away if not already. tough, tough, time for a spurs fan.

kg_veteran
01-27-2004, 01:23 PM
What has been amazing to me recently is that the Spurs are finding ways to lose games.

I watched the end of both the Hornets game and the Bucks game, and the Spurs just could not close the deal.

Against the Bucks, Duncan missed two FTs late, then Ginobili committed a stupid foul on defense and then threw the ball away on the next possession.

Tim Thomas tried to help them by missing a FT in the last 35 seconds; Kukoc tried to help by turning it over with 50 seconds to go. Michael Redd was really clutch in the last 90 seconds (he SHATTERED Horry's ankles with that crossover and then took it right into Duncan's grill and finished), but the game was right there for the Spurs. Take care of the ball, play smart, convert your FTs, and they win that game going away.

razap
01-27-2004, 01:54 PM
well i am not going to blame anything on the refs but that call on ginobilli was questionable. all game long the bucks were very aggressive when fronting tim duncan and the refs allowed that. so the timing of the call and the nature of the call were frustrating to say the least. i am not going to go into the free throw issue .. anyway any team who struggles has to keep on playing throught it.

kg_veteran
01-27-2004, 03:00 PM
well i am not going to blame anything on the refs but that call on ginobilli was questionable. all game long the bucks were very aggressive when fronting tim duncan and the refs allowed that. so the timing of the call and the nature of the call were frustrating to say the least. i am not going to go into the free throw issue .. anyway any team who struggles has to keep on playing throught it.

I'd agree with that assessment. The call was questionable; then again, they were on the road and it was dumb for Ginobili to be overly aggressive like he was. He was begging for a call to be made.

There are going to be games where refs allow teams to aggressively front Duncan, just like there will be games where Duncan gets a foul called every time he touches the ball. That certainly goes both ways.

I think the Spurs are going to end up being okay. They've got Tim, and he's not going anywhere. He just needs to get his free throw shooting straightened out and they need to improve their late-game execution. They're still going to be a force at playoff time.

I heard a rumor elsewhere that people in San Antonio are calling for Pop to be fired and the Spurs to trade Parker for Wallace. That would be a pair of monumental mistakes.

u2sarajevo
01-27-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
I heard a rumor elsewhere that people in San Antonio are calling for Pop to be fired and the Spurs to trade Parker for Wallace. That would be a pair of monumental mistakes.It wasn't that long ago I thought we were going to make the same mistake(s). I don't think Pop is going anywhere though, just like I doubted that Nellie would be fired.

Nash13
01-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Greg Popovich has a lot to do with this. He seems to take timeouts at unnecessary times. That counts for a lot in tight games.