PDA

View Full Version : SheWeb whining as usual and Divac dreaming on Cuban

Chiwas
01-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Webber says criticism disappoints him i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
By Martin McNeal -- Bee Staff Writer
Published 2:15 a.m. PST Monday, January 26, 2004

DALLAS -- Kings forward Chris Webber satisfied one long-term goal Saturday when he was introduced as a new part-owner of the Continental Basketball Association's Great Lakes Storm franchise in Michigan.

However, his most pressing goal/need remains, and that's fully rehabilitating his left knee after arthroscopic surgery June 10 and rejoining his team on the floor.

Webber said he was disappointed i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif to read criticism for his failure to attend a couple of Kings games last week, including the Monday game against the Clippers after he'd flown to Los Angeles with the team.

"I was working out at (Loyola Marymount University) like I did much of the summer when that game was being played," Webber said Saturday night as he waited to board a plane from Detroit to Sacramento. "I've been working out twice a day to try to get back. I already worked out once (Saturday), and I'm going to work out again when I get back."

Webber said his involvement with the Storm in no way will negatively affect his playing career.

"There is no one more dedicated than I am to help the Kings win a title," he said. "No one wants to start playing more than I do. It just always seems as if there is a negative attachment to things written about me i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. But nothing is more important to me than playing, not my family, not anything."

Webber said he has no return date but is eagerly looking forward to practice next Monday, when the Kings return after their current six-game road trip.

"No matter how much one-on-one or drill stuff you do," he said, "nothing compares to being out on the floor with the team."

Center Vlade Divac said he cannot believe Webber has come to as many games as he has.

"That's got to be the worst," Divac said. "Just sitting there and watching and knowing he can't play? I think people want to make issues where there are no issues. His teammates know he is with us 100 percent, more than 100 percent."

Divac, who is a part-owner of a pro basketball team named Partizan in Europe, said he talked to Webber about owning a team.

"I wish we could find a way to buy an NBA team," said Divac, who was featured in a cartoon played on the big screen at Sunday's Kings-Mavericks game. "C-Webb could put in 90 percent, and I could put in 10 percent, and then we could have a cartoon about (Dallas owner) Mark Cuban."

DNNF
01-27-2004, 08:47 PM
bawaaabawaaa just like the rest of those kings fans.

Nash13
01-27-2004, 08:56 PM
I don't want to hear a word about him until he's back on the court. He's not important to the NBA, only the Kings.

Richard
01-28-2004, 11:55 AM
But nothing is more important to me than playing, not my family, not anything."

Sadly, that's probably true. What a clueless bum. I've never had less respect for him than after seeing that quote. And for a guy who has been indicted on federal criminal charges, that's saying alot. I'm really glad he is their character issue and not ours.

And thanks for the article Chiwas.

NBAFan7
01-28-2004, 12:12 PM
You guys are amazing, why question the guys love of the game? Classless? Gimme a break.......

Nash13
01-28-2004, 12:41 PM
07, what's classless, us or Webber? Who lied to a federal jury? Who's the one doing community service? Who's the one that's suspended for three games after he comes off the injured list?

Male30Dan
01-28-2004, 12:41 PM
Why question his love of the game??? Come on man... Seriously...

The guy just said he cares about playing basketball more than his family... You tell me thats the guy you want to look up to and you are ONE F'ed UP NBA FAN!!!