PDA

View Full Version : Lebron, TMac, or Kobe

Jamisonite
01-28-2004, 08:23 PM
If you could start a team today. Who would you rather have to build upon. Lebron, Tmac, Or Kobe...

Once again...im not asking who you think is the best player. Who would you like to build your team around

dirno2000
01-28-2004, 08:26 PM
Kobe

Jamisonite
01-28-2004, 08:29 PM
My vote goes to Lebron...I love his willingness to take the back seat. 6'8 and can play 3 positions, and rather importantly...he has the small contract so he will be the easiest to build are

Shaq Attack2
01-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Last year it would have easily been Kobe over Tmac. This year, LeBron is finally an NBA player and I have to say I'm extremely impressed. So LeBron.

mavsfanforever
01-28-2004, 11:57 PM
KOBE KOBE KOBE. Might have had some problems with the law but he still is the best clutch shooter and can carry his team all by himself.

MavsFanFinley
01-29-2004, 12:02 AM
Lebron James.

ReDIRKulous
01-29-2004, 01:07 AM
LeBron

1. LeBron

2. Tmac

3. Kobe

Rod1975
01-29-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by: Jamisonite
My vote goes to Lebron...I love his willingness to take the back seat. 6'8 and can play 3 positions, and rather importantly...he has the small contract so he will be the easiest to build are

Sure he has a small contract right now, but when his first big multi-year whopper comes around, we're talking probably KG type money.

Given that factor, I'd still choose him over Kobe and T-Mac simply because of his team first attitude.

OutletPass
01-29-2004, 02:32 AM
None of the above..I don't start a team around a 2.

But, given the constraints of the question, it's anybody except Kobe...

I was very skeptical about Lebron just because of all of the insane hype, but if I was in a fight, I'd go to war with him or T-Mac.

Kobe at my back ?

That's an ugly picture.

PubaNWO
01-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Lebron is the obvious choice.

Younger.

Smarter.

Gifted.

He is freaking 19 and he plays like a VETERAN!!!

EricaLubarsky
12-03-2004, 12:48 AM
I didnt believe in Lebron until this year. I thought he was an overrated player that got picked up because of his smile, his ability to hit his chin on the rim, and his ability to fill seats.

And then I saw him play 3-4 times this year, including the game in which he lead his team to a comeback, and a win against the Suns (which makes his team only one of two teams to have a win against them right now.)

I guess that shows you something: I thought Carmello was more fundamentally talented and nicer than LeBron. Now I know that LeBron has ten times the class, and a superstar game.

edit: LeBron has shown that he is willing and able to step up and lead a team. T-Mac and Kobe can lead by their actions, but neither one has leadership talent or desire.

ocelot_ark
12-03-2004, 02:05 AM
Lebron is awesome, and I don't like to say that. I rarely buy into the media hype, but this time they've been BEYOND correct. He's gonna break some records.

sike
12-03-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by: OutletPass

I was very skeptical about Lebron just because of all of the insane hype, but if I was in a fight, I'd go to war with him or T-Mac.

Kobe at my back ?

That's an ugly picture.
the man

thank you to whoever put "beloved friend" up there...

OzMavs
12-03-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by: sike

Kobe at my back ?

That's an ugly picture.
the man

I wholeheartedly agree, that was a very nice touch. I still miss our old mate.

poohrichardson
12-03-2004, 03:10 AM
I've gotta say Kobe.. he's a proven commodity in the playoffs and let's keep in mind.. he's only 26 and he's an MVP candidate every single year. He's also proven that he can play unselfish ball too.. he's playing a team game this year.

EricaLubarsky
12-03-2004, 03:16 AM
wow, I just got something caught in my throat when I saw that. I had no idea how old this thread was. I just wanted to talk LeBron and I figured bumping was better than creating a new thread.

4cwebb
12-04-2004, 05:37 AM
Lebron, no questions asked. First player I'd select amongst any list at the rate that he's playing. Makes KG, Kobe, TMac and any other straight from high school player of the last decade look like a middle school kid in comparison to when all were 19.

LRB
12-04-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by: sike

Kobe at my back ?

That's an ugly picture.
the man

Thanks for pointing that out Sike, I had missed it. What I would give to be able to build a team around OP. He may be gone, but he'll never be forgotten.

Just211
12-05-2004, 11:42 PM
easy choice. Lebron

then Kobe ( although I hate him )

and then T-Mac, and there are probably other 2's I'd pick before him. He's is very gifted, but he doesn't have any Desire.

WayOutWest
12-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Since you're still allowed to play DEFENSE in the NBA, Kobe by a mile.