View Full Version : Kings v. Rockets

dirno2000
01-28-2004, 08:25 PM
Interesting matchup

Kings lead the league in scoring
Only two teams score fewer points than the Rox

Kings lead the league in FG%
Rox lead the lead in defensive FG%

Both teams are well rested. Who will impose their will?

Jamisonite
01-28-2004, 08:30 PM
Eventhough i hate Yao...i hope he goes off and they beat the kings

EricaLubarsky
01-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by: Jamisonite
Eventhough i hate Yao...i hope he goes off and they beat the kings

even though I might admit to my close friends that I kinda like Houston, I want the Kings to grind the Rockets into gravelly aluminum nuggets, just for Stevie_Franchise.

Im pretty confident they will. The Kings are a good team.

Jamisonite
01-28-2004, 08:50 PM
Ya...i forgot...i used to like Francis but it sickens me that hes getting voted in when there are at least 4 pgs better than him in the west

EricaLubarsky
01-28-2004, 08:57 PM
Ya...i forgot...i used to like Francis but it sickens me that hes getting voted in when there are at least 4 pgs better than him in the west

I dont mind the real Stevie Franchise that much either- he's alright for a short shooting Guard.
I just think he sucks ass at playing the point and is ruining the potential of the team with his selfish play.

I was talking about the D-M.com nickname

Jamisonite
01-28-2004, 08:58 PM
o...my fault lol

EricaLubarsky
01-28-2004, 09:03 PM
o...my fault lol

i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

mavsfanforever
01-28-2004, 11:39 PM
BTW, I am enjoying Houston lose just because I hate Steve Francis and Mobley and one poster with the name of franchise. One thing all the guys mentioned above have in similiarity is that they all have no brains and balls.

Nash13
01-28-2004, 11:43 PM
Francis' dumb decisions have already made me feel better about the loss tonight.

MavsFanFinley
01-28-2004, 11:48 PM
Jimmy Jackson was on fire. 11-12fg, 5-5 (3pt), 1-1ft for 28pts.

DNNF
01-29-2004, 12:45 AM
Went to this game today. Typical 4th quarter for the rockets with Francis dribbling out the shot clock and jacked up some bullshit shots. I can't believed this guy got voted to be an allstar starter. He had trouble all night shooting the balls and driving in to the basket.

stevie_franchise3
01-29-2004, 08:32 AM
Yeah Francis couldnt hit the broad side of a barn tonight and he hasnt been able to for the last 5 -6 games but we didnt lose the game tonight solely because of him. Cat made some stupid mistakes and alot of the times Yao got the ball in the paint he would just turn it over(5 to's).

Its funny how you guys say he is so selfish and he only dished out 13 assists last night. The problem is just that he has lost his shot.

And yes I agree he shouldnt be starting this year let alone be on the All star but hey the fans voted him in. Imagine that?

This loss was little easier to take tonight you guys got beat. Minnesota and Memphis also lost so we are still in 6th place with 4 games up next that we should win.

Dallas has 4 pretty decent teams to play next.

March is the month I am looking forward to for you guys. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

MikeB
01-29-2004, 10:09 AM
March is the month I am looking forward to for you guys.

I don't know why you want us franchise? We've been pretty much kicking your butt for the last 3 years.

kg_veteran
01-29-2004, 10:10 AM

March will definitely have a lot to say about where Dallas ends up.

kingrex
01-29-2004, 11:09 AM
I too am looking forward to play Houston. I'm first and foremost a Mavs fan, but I do root for the other Texas teams too, however it does make it difficult to wish success for teams in the same division as your favorite.

It should be a good game in March.

kg_veteran
01-29-2004, 11:18 AM
I thought he was talking about the month of March schedule-wise for the Mavericks, not just playing us in March...

I certainly don't fear the Rockets.

kingrex
01-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
I thought he was talking about the month of March schedule-wise for the Mavericks, not just playing us in March...

It's a classic matchup, in that, one team is bent on offense and the other built on defense. One team scores from the outside-in and the other is designed to score from the inside-out (although their guards don't always get it).

I, myself, wouldn't use the word "fear" so much as "wary" of this team because of their diametrically-opposing style.

stevie_franchise3
01-29-2004, 12:07 PM

I was talking about schedule wise for for the Mavericks. A whole lot of road games and you finally do get to play us at home. Stil havent figured out why the first two were at your place.

Oh and BTW I dont fear the Mavericks either.

stevie_franchise3
01-29-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by: MikeB

I don't know why you want us franchise? We've been pretty much kicking your butt for the last 3 years.

Last two, yes. Last three, no.

MikeB
01-29-2004, 12:10 PM
A wise man once said,"two outa there aint bad"

i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

kg_veteran
01-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Yeah, why would you fear the Mavericks? They've only beaten the Rockets 5 straight times by an average of 16.6 points per game.

DNNF
01-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Yeah, why would you fear the Mavericks? They've only beaten the Rockets 5 straight times by an average of 16.6 points per game.

If any team that the rockets should fear of, it is the mavs.

stevie_franchise3
01-29-2004, 01:10 PM
To be honest, the only team I would fear should we make the playoffs would be Sacramento. In order of who I would least want to meet in first round

SAC-When Chris Webber gets back they should be incredible. They are the only team I know that doesnt really have a defining weakness. They have shooters, they have post ups, they have good players off the bench, they have great passers, they play formidable team defense, they do have a defensive stopper in Christie. They have a good/great player at every position. They are a deep team.
Weakness-Dont have a glaring one

L.A - Two of the top 5 best players in b-ball. If they get healthy 4 hall of famers who know playoff basketball.
Weakness -Don't defend pick and roll well, or the 3pointer. We have always played them well and they dont double Yao either. We match up with them pretty well.

Minnesota - Great offensive team even w/o key parts. Not too bad on defense etiher. KG is the man. He is hungry. Sam best point guard in the west.
Weakness - Chemisty? First time together in playoffs.

Dallas - Good passing team, can shoot the ball. Hard to match up with Dirk. Play great team ball. Smart team that doesnt have alot of TOs. Creates easy points with fast break.
Weaknes-No inside game. No bangers in the post. If game is close, really dont have a go to man or play. Cant defend in the middle at end of games either

San Antonio - Tim Duncan. All that needs to be said.
Weakness- not a great shooting team and they dont score alot. Inconsistent. Duncan's FTs if game is close. We can match up with them pretty well

kg_veteran
01-29-2004, 01:15 PM
If you're a Rockets fan and the only team you fear in the playoffs is the Kings, you're a bit naive.

stevie_franchise3
01-29-2004, 02:54 PM
If you're a Rockets fan and the only team you fear in the playoffs is the Kings, you're a bit naive.

And as a Dallas fan you dont fear any team right?

Let me define fear as I see it as a Rocket fan. Fear is playing a team I really dont think we can beat or match up very well against. That is why I listed them in order previously.

Nash13
01-29-2004, 03:09 PM
dude, we have just as many home games left as we do road. Our schedule will be balanced.

And this Mavs team is 8-3 against our top 4 competitors, so who should Dallas fear?

kingrex
01-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by: stevie_franchise3

Let me define fear as I see it as a Rocket fan. Fear is playing a team I really dont think we can beat or match up very well against. That is why I listed them in order previously.

I think you were pretty fair in your assessment of the teams in the West (including the Mavs). The west really is (and has been) exciting because the top 6 or 7 teams have reason to claim that they will finish atop the conference. Therefore, none of those top teams should really "fear" any other team.

Really, my only contention with your post is your claim that we don't have a go-to-guy or play. I contend that we have 5 guys we can "go-to". And if you want me to narrow it down to one, then everyone knows it is Dirk. As for plays, no other coach in the NBA can draw up a better last second play than Nellie. He may have his weaknessess as a coach, but drawing up plays is not one of them.

stevie_franchise3
01-29-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by: Nash13
dude, we have just as many home games left as we do road. Our schedule will be balanced.

And this Mavs team is 8-3 against our top 4 competitors, so who should Dallas fear?

Maybe you shoud fear the projected bottom 5-9 since I am sure you believe you will finish in the top 4 right. You guys are 7-6 againt teams 5 thru 9. (Houston,Denver,Seattle,clippers,Utah,Memphis)

kg_veteran
01-29-2004, 05:19 PM

Now you're trying (unsuccessfully) to put words in my mouth. I said I don't fear the Rockets.

When I say I "fear" a team, I mean that I think the team has the ability to beat the Mavericks in a playoff series.

I do fear the Lakers, Kings, and Spurs. And the Wolves are trying to convince me, but I'm not sold yet.

stevie_franchise3
01-29-2004, 05:38 PM

Now you're trying (unsuccessfully) to put words in my mouth. I said I don't fear the Rockets.

When I say I "fear" a team, I mean that I think the team has the ability to beat the Mavericks in a playoff series.

I do fear the Lakers, Kings, and Spurs. And the Wolves are trying to convince me, but I'm not sold yet.

No I am not trying to put words in your mouth, that is why I phrased it as a question. If I had put a period at then end of the sentence and taken out the word right, then it would have been a statement. Then you could have said I was putting words in your mouth.

Good to hear though that you are not totally a homer and realize that the Mavs are not invincible.

kg_veteran
01-29-2004, 05:50 PM
Guess I just took it as a rhetorical question.

No, I'm not a total homer. It's not like I think Steve Francis is a better point guard than Steve Nash or anything crazy like that.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Nash13
01-29-2004, 06:06 PM
Maybe you shoud fear the projected bottom 5-9 since I am sure you believe you will finish in the top 4 right. You guys are 7-6 againt teams 5 thru 9(Houston,Denver,Seattle,clippers,Utah,Memphis)

How about just the teams in the playoffs right now. we are 13-5 against. The Clippers are not going to the playoffs. And if either Utah or Seattle get back in the mix, it's coming at the expense of Houston.