PDA

View Full Version : Mavs getting a bit of help tonight

OutletPass
01-29-2004, 12:00 AM
GS knocks of Minny tonight after we lose to Utah (again) .Dampier had a BIG, BIG game....

I'd love to see Damp and Tag in Mavs unis next year.

Too bad the silly Rox couldn't hold the lead against Sacto...

But thanks to GS for keeping the Midwest close tonight.

MavsFanFinley
01-29-2004, 12:17 AM
Must thank GS for beating the Timberwolves. Too bad the Mavs couldn't get a win with them losing, but at least we didn't lose ground with our loss tonight.

OutletPass
01-29-2004, 12:29 AM
MFF....as I was watching the GS/Minny game...it occurred to me that a GREAT agent would have Dampier sign a series of voidable one year contracts with a TON of incentives...if Dampier was playing for a contract EVERY year...he's be an All star over and over and over...

I don't know what he ended up with...but, in the 4th, he was at 20 pts and 18 rebounds.

Shaq Attack2
01-29-2004, 02:47 AM
I'd love to see Damp and Tag in Mavs unis next year.

Wow, Mavs would look scary good with those two.

OutletPass
01-29-2004, 03:37 AM
And the scary thing, SA2 is that they're both available this summer...as FA's. I'm betting the house that TAG comes home...his dad is an surgical nurse here in town and I KNOW how much Greg would love to come home...he's already gotten more more money out of this league than he EVER expected. Hell, he's already pulled about $50 mil !!

I KNOW this is a bit of dreaming BUT...IF (and we'll have a 5.5 MLE)

Walker and his $13 mil decides to opt out...and seek a better deal...We can pay Nash and get both.
OR:
We trade Jamison for Rasheed...and TAW and Najera are included (or Delk/Best)...we can pay Nash and get both

In my wildest dreams...we might have these guys on the 12 man team: With each of the 5's doing about 15-20 minutes...some more and some less depending on the matchups that night....

C: Dampier, Tag, Bradley
pf: Dirk, Najera
SF: Jamison, JHo
Sg:Fin, Daniels, Delk (or better)
PG: Nash, Best (or better)

or

C: Dampier, TAG, Bradley
PF: Rasheed, Fortson
Sf: Dirk, Jho
Sg: Fin, Daniels
Pg: Nash, Best (or better)

6th man: Walker at the 1,2,3 or 4.

Not sure about the 12th man..but It won't matter...will it.

(Can any team anywhere beat that 11 rotation ?)

--Just some thoughts...we can get TAG..I'm sure of that..Dampier would give the Mavs the greatest center rotation in history...if Nellie would play them.

MightyToine
01-29-2004, 01:00 PM
Walker can play the 5 at times, too. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

But that's an excellent scenario, OP. I would kill to have Tag and Dampier here manning the middle with Bradley coming in for DEFENSIVE PURPOSES. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Male30Dan
01-29-2004, 01:16 PM
How would you plan we sign Dampier with no cap-space??? He will NOT go for the MLE!!!

Now a sign and trade is the only scenario in which I see him coming here, (or of course a straight-up trade).

DubOverdose
01-29-2004, 11:31 PM
More help for us in the Midwest standings as the Kings beat the Spurs. We are up on % of wins, equal at GB the Timberwolves.

bernardos70
01-30-2004, 01:58 PM
Mavs are now second in the midwest! (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/standings)

dirno2000
01-30-2004, 02:08 PM
We need to be Lakers fans tonight.

MavsFanFinley
01-30-2004, 11:20 PM
We need to be Lakers fans tonight.

Makes me sick, but I'm cheering for the Lakers as well.

The Lakers were up around 10 at the half and then Spreewell caught fire and Minnesota has the lead now.

superheadcat
01-31-2004, 12:15 AM
well, lakers score only 4 pts during the last 4 minutes, and t-pup won big.

with or without help, i hope mavs can catch up to within 1 game behind t-pup by march 2nd.

MightyToine
01-31-2004, 04:36 AM
We are currently 3RD IN THE ENTIRE WESTERN CIVILIZ...oh wait! I mean WESTERN CONFERENCE!! (had a bill walton flashback there.... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

stevie_franchise3
01-31-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by: MightyToine
We are currently 3RD IN THE ENTIRE WESTERN CIVILIZ...oh wait! I mean WESTERN CONFERENCE!! (had a bill walton flashback there.... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Not anymore.

20 point lead?

mavsman
01-31-2004, 07:42 PM
Hey, at least we were able to have a 20 point lead! Did the Rockets ever have a 20 point lead vs the Nets today? I don't think so. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

stevie_franchise3
01-31-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by: mavsman
Hey, at least we were able to have a 20 point lead! Did the Rockets ever have a 20 point lead vs the Nets today? I don't think so. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Well lets see whats worse, not having a 20 point lead and then losing, or having a 20 pt and then losing? Losing a 20 pt lead is so much more demoralizing.

mavsman
01-31-2004, 09:21 PM
Nope, not even being able to get a 20-point-lead is. According to your logic a team that gets blasted in every game has to feel pretty good. I don't think so. Right now, our guys know they should and could've won this game. If you just get hammered, you lose your confidence. But let's talk more about that in may.

mavsfanforever
01-31-2004, 09:33 PM
mavsman just made stevie look like a goofball.

stevie_franchise3
01-31-2004, 11:06 PM
Nope, not even being able to get a 20-point-lead is. According to your logic a team that gets blasted in every game has to feel pretty good. I don't think so. Right now, our guys know they should and could've won this game. If you just get hammered, you lose your confidence. But let's talk more about that in may.

Who is getting hammered?

Let's talk about May, yeah it seems like the time period keeps moving out. When May gets here, it will be lets talk about it more next year.

At the beginning of the year, it was like wait until December and then it was wait until February and you guys(the rockets) will just fade. Well we are just 2 games back in the loss column.

How about holding a team under 80 points? How about not letting opponents average over a 100 a game against you?

mavsfanforever
01-31-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by: stevie_franchise3

Who is getting hammered?

Let's talk about May, yeah it seems like the time period keeps moving out. When May gets here, it will be lets talk about it more next year.

At the beginning of the year, it was like wait until December and then it was wait until February and you guys(the rockets) will just fade. Well we are just 2 games back in the loss column.

How about holding a team under 80 points? How about not letting opponents average over a 100 a game against you?

I am breaking the rule of not replying to your messages.

Get an idea. Steve Francis had a great game with 26 points and 10-16 shooting, 7 assists and you guys still lost. Who is the best player on your team? WHo is the go to guy in your team?

Yao has a good game and guess what houston wins 80% of the time. Talk B Ball and we can proceed. Steve Francis is not the center piece of your team and rockets will make the playoffs if they realize that. If not, thanks for participating in another season and helping us improve our record.

stevie_franchise3
01-31-2004, 11:38 PM
Whoever said Steve Francis is the centerpiece of our team? I know i never have.

But guess what Yao Ming isnt quite that yet either. You obviously dont keep with the Rox(dont expect you too either) like I do, but Yao Ming isnt ready to dominate night in and night out. He has yet to learn how to get position well enough in the paint to be a consistent threat. Being able to play that weak zone or being able to put a man in front and back pretty much nullifies his game. The games that Yao does go off are teams that don't double team him. And when he does get it in the paint alot of times it is easily stripped from him or he just turns it over.

So until he ready to accept that he is the centerpiece then we will never be a great team.

Almost like you guys with Dirk Nowitski. He dominates in spurts but not on a consistent basis. His defense is lacking and he is rather soft.

BTW who is your centerpiece? Who is your go to guy?

mavsfanforever
01-31-2004, 11:45 PM
Whoever said Steve Francis is the centerpiece of our team? I know i never have.

But guess what Yao Ming isnt quite that yet either. You obviously dont keep with the Rox(dont expect you too either) like I do, but Yao Ming isnt ready to dominate night in and night out. He has yet to learn how to get position well enough in the paint to be a consistent threat. Being able to play that weak zone or being able to put a man in front and back pretty much nullifies his game. The games that Yao does go off are teams that don't double team him. And when he does get it in the paint alot of times it is easily stripped from him or he just turns it over.

So until he ready to accept that he is the centerpiece then we will never be a great team.

Almost like you guys with Dirk Nowitski. He dominates in spurts but not on a consistent basis. His defense is lacking and he is rather soft.

BTW who is your centerpiece? Who is your go to guy?

Obviously, you have proved it again that you have no clue about B Ball. You have no clue about mavs. Mavs centerpiece is Dirk. He is our go to guy. Sometimes he may not get the touches he needs in the end because it makes the game plan predictable in that case.

Mavs Big three:

Dirk
Nash
Finley

Rockets Big three:
Yao
Steve
Cuttino

Do you see the difference.

stevie_franchise3
01-31-2004, 11:58 PM
It makes the gameplan predictable and thats why he doesnt get the touches. Haha, now thats funny. You always get the ball to your best player even if it is to create for his teammates.

Everyone always knew MJ or Larry Bird was going to have the ball in their hands at the end of the game and still couldnt stop it. So I guess there gameplan wasnt predictable? Same way when Hakeem was in his prime. So that excuse is BS.

And if you ask me, I believe your teams goes as Michael Finley goes. He is the best player on your team because he plays both ends of the court. Dirk may be the best offensive threat but Finley is the more complete player.

And no I dont see a difference in your Big 3 vs ours. In a couple of years when Yao is dominating we will bring this argument up again.

mavsfanforever
02-01-2004, 12:03 AM
It makes the gameplan predictable and thats why he doesnt get the touches. Haha, now thats funny. You always get the ball to your best player even if it is to create for his teammates.

Everyone always knew MJ or Larry Bird was going to have the ball in their hands at the end of the game and still couldnt stop it. So I guess there gameplan wasnt predictable? Same way when Hakeem was in his prime. So that excuse is BS.

And if you ask me, I believe your teams goes as Michael Finley goes. He is the best player on your team because he plays both ends of the court. Dirk may be the best offensive threat but Finley is the more complete player.

And no I dont see a difference in your Big 3 vs ours. In a couple of years when Yao is dominating we will bring this argument up again.

Ignorant people will not see any difference between our big three vs your big three. Do you want Numbers or is it too much facts for you.

I have not even talked about Big Five. Good choke job stevie.

stevie_franchise3
02-01-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever

Ignorant people will not see any difference between our big three vs your big three. Do you want Numbers or is it too much facts for you.

I have not even talked about Big Five. Good choke job stevie.

No why dont you comment on not getting the ball to your best player and being predictable?

stevie_franchise3
02-01-2004, 12:08 AM
Bottom line your big 3 or your big 5 is only 2.5 games ahead of my big 3, so there isnt that much difference. If there was so much difference you would be up there with the Kings record wise right? If your talent is so great then you should be 6 or 7 games ahead of us right

mavsfanforever
02-01-2004, 12:10 AM
Again no factual proof to your posts. Your big three is yet to experience what it is like when someone goes thru playoffs.

I guess the bottomline just changed.

OutletPass
02-01-2004, 12:11 AM
Franchise...I'm another one who's never responded to your posts...but, honestly, enough is enough...

You've gone on and on about the Mavs allowing 100 points a game and the Rox allowing just 80+ points a game...and what does it matter ?

The Mavs point differential is 3.1
The Rox point differential is 3.0

BFD....just different styles...

Last time I looked...vs. the West we're 18-12 and the Rox are 11-14
Our division record is 9-6...the Rox are 4-8
And head to head with the Mavs, the Rox just suck..
You also seem to be 2-6 against the top 5 in the West., with 1 win on the road...
which is where you'll start....

SO what EXACTLY is your point ?

If it's a plea to move to the Atlantic Div of the East...then I can understand that.
That would actually make more sense than anything else that you've posted.
The rest is just smack.

mavsfanforever
02-01-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Franchise...I'm another one who's never responded to your posts...but, honestly, enough is enough...

You've gone on and on about the Mavs allowing 100 points a game and the Rox allowing just 80+ points a game...and what does it matter ?

You also seem to be 2-6 against the top 5 in the West., with 1 win on the road...

If it's a plea to move to the Atlantic Div of the East...then I can understand that.
The rest is just smack.

Too many facts for the dude.

stevie_franchise3
02-01-2004, 12:23 AM
Again no factual proof to your posts. Your big three is yet to experience what it is like when someone goes thru playoffs.

I guess the bottomline just changed.

You are right, they havent experienced the playoffs and there isnt any argument from me on that. That is a difference.

My point is that you have all that experience you speak of yet your team is only 2.5 games ahead of us AT THIS MOMENT. So how much difference is that?

The points I also bring up is that you get the ball to your best player at the end of game. You claim that Dirk doesnt get it sometimes because it is too predictable. I brought up a point contrary to that but you never responded to it.

Do you believe Dirk is soft? Do you believe he has the killer's mentality all of the time at then end of games?

stevie_franchise3
02-01-2004, 12:31 AM

The rest is just smack.

My point is that your team is not that much better than the Rox. Man we could talk stats all night. Of course you are going to bring up stats that are in your favor. I am sure I could bring up just as many as you can.

We have a better record on the road than you do.
We have a better record against the east.
We have a better record against teams we are supposed to beat. Why don't you compare records against the lower teams? I havent even done that stats yet but I would be willing to bet we had a better record with those teams.
Head to head. We have only played 1 game this year and it was at your house.

mavsfanforever
02-01-2004, 12:32 AM
You are right, they havent experienced the playoffs and there isnt any argument from me on that. That is a difference

No problem. You are not the first one to agree on that.

My point is that you have all that experience you speak of yet your team is only 2.5 games ahead of us AT THIS MOMENT. So how much difference is that?

The difference is 2.5 and some facts are that

vs. the West we're 18-12 and the Rox are 11-14

The points I also bring up is that you get the ball to your best player at the end of game. You claim that Dirk doesnt get it sometimes because it is too predictable. I brought up a point contrary to that but you never responded to it.

You never had a point. It is simple basketball theory. You sometimes use star players to disrupt the defense and get open shots for others whether it is by virtue of letting the star player touch the ball (MJ to Steve Kerr) or by letting your star player set a pick or by passing out of the double team himself. Depends how much time is left on the clock.

Do you believe Dirk is soft? Do you believe he has the killer's mentality all of the time at then end of games?

I have no clue what you mean by this but since you asked me if I believe and I say "NO, Dirk is not soft". And I am not sure what does soft mean. Does it mean dropping 43 points in a playoff game or hitting a three pointer with a minute left in game seven of the playoffs. None of which really make sense to rocket current players.

stevie_franchise3
02-01-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by: mavsfanforeverMavs centerpiece is Dirk. He is our go to guy. Sometimes he may not get the touches he needs in the end because it makes the game plan predictable in that case.

but now you say this:

You never had a point. It is simple basketball theory. You sometimes use star players to disrupt the defense and get open shots for others whether it is by virtue of letting the star player touch the ball (MJ to Steve Kerr) or by letting your star player set a pick or by passing out of the double team himself. Depends how much time is left on the clock.

mavsfanforever
02-01-2004, 12:44 AM

Originally posted by: mavsfanforeverMavs centerpiece is Dirk. He is our go to guy. Sometimes he may not get the touches he needs in the end because it makes the game plan predictable in that case.

but now you say this:

They are both the same. I was just trying to explain what I said before since you came up with a weird statement that Dirk is soft. I hope you understand now.

Murphy3
02-01-2004, 12:46 AM
The fact that y'all are even discussing the Mavs and the Rockets in the same breath just shows how disappointing the Mavs have been for the most part this season.

mavsfanforever
02-01-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by: Murphy3
The fact that y'all are even discussing the Mavs and the Rockets in the same breath just shows how disappointing the Mavs have been for the most part this season.

Just put the nail in the coffin. You are probably right. Actually I tried to talk basketball several times and make this dude understand why Steve Franchise and Mobley hurt the rockets team but he keeps ignoring that and tries to make this a mavs vs rockets argument.

stevie_franchise3
02-01-2004, 12:49 AM

You are right, they havent experienced the playoffs and there isnt any argument from me on that. That is a difference

No problem. You are not the first one to agree on that.

The difference is 2.5 and some facts are that

vs. the West we're 18-12 and the Rox are 11-14

I have no clue what you mean by this but since you asked me if I believe and I say "NO, Dirk is not soft". And I am not sure what does soft mean. Does it mean dropping 43 points in a playoff game or hitting a three pointer with a minute left in game seven of the playoffs. None of which really make sense to rocket current players.

Soft means not wanting the ball at the end of the game and disappearing. Soft is not taking the ball to the rack instead of settling for jumpers. Soft is not being able to play defense on a consistent basis.

This is a good point of being soft as stated by one of your fellow Dallas fans:

[quote]
Originally posted by: Captain DisasterWhenever Dirk gets clobbered (ala Potapenko at the end of the Seattle game) he struggles for a few games after. When he kept rubbing his jaw at the end of that game, I knew he was going to have a let down for awhile. I don't know if he is injured (that was a brutal elbow & Potapenko should have been suspended), but it's like whenever he gets roughed up, he starts thinking too much. I think that Nelson has hinted at this before when Dirk was recovering from his ankle problems.

Max Power
02-01-2004, 12:50 AM

Originally posted by: MightyToine

Not anymore.

20 point lead?

You are such a little prick. You should get on your knees and thank dj for the board allowing assholes like you. Of course you probably do your best work on your knees.

stevie_franchise3
02-01-2004, 12:51 AM

EXACTLY MY POINT

There isnt that much difference.

mavsfanforever
02-01-2004, 12:55 AM

EXACTLY MY POINT

You obviously did not understand the sarcasm. By the way it was not your point. It was Murph's point.

stevie_franchise3
02-01-2004, 12:58 AM

Just put the nail in the coffin. You are probably right. Actually I tried to talk basketball several times and make this dude understand why Steve Franchise and Mobley hurt the rockets team but he keeps ignoring that and tries to make this a mavs vs rockets argument.

You dont have to make a steve franchise and Mobley point to me. I know they consistenly make stupid mistakes. I know they arent the smartest players in the league by far. I do know they are blamed for not getting the ball to Yao unfairly and that they are ball hogs. Sometimes when Yao cant position in the post then these guys go with what they know best.

The thing that does bother me is that Steve Francis isnt given enough credit for getting his player involved in the offense, especially this year. He is really trying hard to fit into JVG's system and in becoming a better point guard but unfortunately he is unfairly labeled as much as you guys not playing defense. If you have watched most of the games this year he has tried hard to be the complete point guard even when his shot hasnt been falling. I think he has to concede his game more than anyone since JVG has arrived and he hasnt complained about anything. Everybody says get the ball to Yao and when he does good things dont always happen.

Steve Francis wants to win and wants to get to the playoffs no matter if hes the scoring leader or not, period.

stevie_franchise3
02-01-2004, 01:02 AM

EXACTLY MY POINT

You obviously did not understand the sarcasm. By the way it was not your point. It was Murph's point.

Oh I understood the sarcasm. But it is also validates what I have been saying, the Mavs arent head and shoulders above my Rox.

mavsfanforever
02-01-2004, 01:04 AM

You dont have to make a steve franchise and Mobley point to me. I know they consistenly make stupid mistakes. I know they arent the smartest players in the league by far. I do know they are blamed for not getting the ball to Yao unfairly and that they are ball hogs. Sometimes when Yao cant position in the post then these guys go with what they know best.

The thing that does bother me is that Steve Francis isnt given enough credit for getting his player involved in the offense, especially this year. He is really trying hard to fit into JVG's system and in becoming a better point guard but unfortunately he is unfairly labeled as much as you guys not playing defense. If you have watched most of the games this year he has tried hard to be the complete point guard even when his shot hasnt been falling. I think he has to concede his game more than anyone since JVG has arrived and he hasnt complained about anything. Everybody says get the ball to Yao and when he does good things dont always happen.

Steve Francis wants to win and wants to get to the playoffs no matter if hes the scoring leader or not, period.

Now, what are we discussing then. You have agreed to all my points. I am not sure there is anything else I need to discuss regarding this.

stevie_franchise3
02-01-2004, 01:12 AM

Now, what are we discussing then. You have agreed to all my points. I am not sure there is anything else I need to discuss regarding this.

I never disagreed with you on the points above so I dont know why you told Murphy that. Like you said I always was trying to make it a Mavs vs Rockets point which is what I thought we were discussing.

I dont believe your Mavs are that much better than my rox
I don't believe Dirk has the assassin mentality(he is soft and settles for jumpers and he disappears in games) and I believe Finley is the key to your team's success because he plays both ends of the court.
You guys need an inside prescence to win a championship.

OutletPass
02-01-2004, 01:26 AM
My point is that your team is not that much better than the Rox. Man we could talk stats all night. Of course you are going to bring up stats that are in your favor. I am sure I could bring up just as many as you can.
We have a better record against teams we are supposed to beat. Why don't you compare records against the lower teams? I havent even done that stats yet but I would be willing to bet we had a better record with those teams.

Let's see....the last time that I checked...the rox were still in the West....right ? And that's who you have to go through, right ? And, on the road, right.

1)Well...your road record means nothing...it was against the eastern dregs. You have 1 road win against the top 5 in the West.
2)Your record vs. the East means nothing...you won't see them in the playoffs.
3) Your record against "teams that we're supposed to beat" doesn't mean a thing. They won't be in the playoffs...
4) Your record "head to head with the mavs"..over the last 1, 2, or 3 years sucks to high heaven.

If you want to play late in the year, it's all about the West playoffs..and this is pure fact:
In the West the Rox are 11-14
in the division, the Rox are 4-8

You asked...what's 2.5 games...?

It's how far the Rox are from falling into 9th place in the West and failing to make the playoffs...again.

stevie_franchise3
02-01-2004, 01:43 AM

Let's see....the last time that I checked...the rox were still in the West....right ? And that's who you have to go through, right ? And, on the road, right.

1)Well...your road record means nothing...it was against the eastern dregs. You have 1 road win against the top 5 in the West.
2)Your record vs. the East means nothing...you won't see them in the playoffs.
3) Your record against "teams that we're supposed to beat" doesn't mean a thing. They won't be in the playoffs...
4) Your record "head to head with the mavs"..over the last 1, 2, or 3 years sucks to high heaven.

If you want to play late in the year, it's all about the West playoffs..and this is pure fact:
In the West the Rox are 11-14
in the division, the Rox are 4-8

You asked...what's 2.5 games...?

It's how far the Rox are from falling into 9th place in the West and failing to make the playoffs...again.

You play the east right? Those games do count don't they. I tell you what go ahead and keep losing to east and see if you still make the playoffs. Lose to weaker teams and see if you make the playoffs. Those win and losses against the lower tier teams count as well too dont they? To say they dont mean a thing is preposterous.

Sure you guys owned my Rox last year but not for 2 and 3 so lets get that straight. 2 and 3 years ago it was 2-2. So get your facts straight.

And as far as not making the playoff...again comment, as a Mavs fan it hasn't been that long ago to remember that feeling on a yearly basis.

stevie_franchise3
02-01-2004, 01:50 AM
Another case for Dirk being soft and its from a Dallas Newspaper:

Taken from the DMN:

It happened in the first quarter, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a play-of-the-game candidate. Andre Miller, who measures 6-2, met 7-foot Nowitkzi as the Maverick was on his way up for a breakaway dunk and cleanly blocked the shot.

mavsfanforever
02-01-2004, 09:30 AM

Taken from the DMN:

It happened in the first quarter, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a play-of-the-game candidate. Andre Miller, who measures 6-2, met 7-foot Nowitkzi as the Maverick was on his way up for a breakaway dunk and cleanly blocked the shot.

That is the stupidest argument I have heard in a long time. If someone gets blocked does that mean he is soft. Yao blocked shaq's shots last season and according to your assessment Shaq is soft, huh. Bradley blocked Duncan's shots few times, does that mean Duncan is soft. Finley blocked Brad Miller's shots not too long ago, so you mean Miller is soft. I want to advise you that before posting just read it two or three times and see if the post makes any sense. You just try to stir up things by posting stuff like this which most of the basketball analysts here would call "utterly illogical and stupid". You are not contributing to the board this way.

Jamisonite
02-01-2004, 12:48 PM
What mr franchise may not realize is that we are only a few games ahead of houston for a couple reasons. We turned over half of our roster in the off season. Takes a lot to get used to eachother in this league. BUT thats not my excuse for our record as opposed to Houston.

What have the mavs gone through that the Rox havent....injuries. The rox havent had 1 even close to serious injury. The mavs only consistant starter that hasnt been injured is Walker. Dirk, Nash, Fin, and Howard have all missed time with injuries.

Jamisonite
02-01-2004, 12:50 PM

Taken from the DMN:

A dunk getting blocked has nothing to do with being soft you moron. You have obviously never played basketball before. Once you are in the act of dunking you have lil potential movement, and if the guy in front of you...no matter how short he is gets up there, than you are at his will. I mean shit...ive seen Shaq(7'2) get his stuff thrown by big ben(6'6) and is shaq soft...HELL NO

stevie_franchise3
02-01-2004, 01:39 PM

Taken from the DMN:

That is the stupidest argument I have heard in a long time. If someone gets blocked does that mean he is soft. Yao blocked shaq's shots last season and according to your assessment Shaq is soft, huh. Bradley blocked Duncan's shots few times, does that mean Duncan is soft. Finley blocked Brad Miller's shots not too long ago, so you mean Miller is soft. I want to advise you that before posting just read it two or three times and see if the post makes any sense. You just try to stir up things by posting stuff like this which most of the basketball analysts here would call "utterly illogical and stupid". You are not contributing to the board this way.

I said this is one that makes a case that he is soft. How does a 7fter not able or strong enough to dunk it over a 6'2 guy?

Thats a problem we are going through with Yao Ming. He is soft right now. There is a big difference between a blocking a shot and blocking a dunk. You are comparing apples to oranges here. If someone gets their shot blocked they arent soft. But if they outweigh and much taller and cant get it done then that is sad. How many times have you seen that happen?

Again blocking a shot doesnt compare to blocking a dunk, a breakaway dunk at that.

stevie_franchise3
02-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by: Jamisonite
What mr franchise may not realize is that we are only a few games ahead of houston for a couple reasons. We turned over half of our roster in the off season. Takes a lot to get used to eachother in this league. BUT thats not my excuse for our record as opposed to Houston.

What have the mavs gone through that the Rox havent....injuries. The rox havent had 1 even close to serious injury. The mavs only consistant starter that hasnt been injured is Walker. Dirk, Nash, Fin, and Howard have all missed time with injuries.

Injuries are a part of the game if you didnt know. Injuries to the other team are also the reason why you have won some games this year, so lets throw that argument out.

Shoot I could injuries as the reason why we havent made the playoffs in the last 4 years. Barkely going down, Pippen going down, Hakeem going down, Franchise missing several games with migraines and high ankle sprains. Injuries arent excuses, they are a part of the game.

Anyway I am off to the Super Bowl, so I will holla at you guys later. Peace

MightyToine
02-02-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by: Jamisonite

What about your boy Jamison? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

And anyway, Walker is a freakin' IRON MAN. He has only missed a grand total of 7...yes...SEVEN games in 7 Years and counting to injury.