PDA

View Full Version : Kobe can't keep it in his pants apparently!

WayOutWest
01-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Kobe's marriage is F'd, don't know how this would affect his trial. What a dumbarse!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4095889/

Reports- Kobe Involved With Portland Hotel WorkerKNBC-TV
Updated: 11:53 a.m. ET Jan. 29, 200411:13 p.m. PST January 28, 2004 - There are reports of another woman involved in the Kobe Bryant case, NBC4 reported.

The woman works at a hotel were visiting NBA teams stay when in Portland, Ore., to play the Trail Blazers.

EricaLubarsky
01-29-2004, 11:22 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/kobe_bryant.jpgequalshttp://www.cnn.com/WORLD/europe/9808/29/russia.G7/link.bill.clinton.jpg ?!?!?

TripleDipping
01-29-2004, 11:29 AM
So much for million-dollar diamond and big-ass tattoos. If his wife still decides to stay with him after this then I'll know it's for the $$$.

LRB
01-29-2004, 11:55 AM
You would think that Kobe would be able to keep his pants zipped at least until after his trial was over. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

kg_veteran
01-29-2004, 12:09 PM
I can't tell from this rather terse news brief WHEN Kobe was involved with this Portland woman. For all we know, it could have been before he had sex with his accuser in Colorado.

LRB
01-29-2004, 12:21 PM
That could be true KG. It certainly would be much better for Kobe if it was. However the story, even if false, can't help but hurt him.

kg_veteran
01-29-2004, 01:00 PM
True. Some would argue that he was winning the battle of "public opinion" with all of the allegations made against his accuser regarding her multiple sex partners, etc. This type of story can't help him...

MavKikiNYC
01-29-2004, 01:06 PM
My own personal assumptions:

1) There are several "other" women--the Colorado rape victim wasn't Kobe's first dalliance

2) The liaison with the woman in Portland occurred BEFORE the Colorado incident

3) His wife will stay with him until he signs his next contract to increase the pool of assets from which to settle

4) This latest revelation doesn't hurt (or help) his PR situation--unless the Portland woman reached a secret settlement with Bryant because of charges of sexual assault. The (excessively trashy, great unwashed) public has already moved past Kobe's slip-up.

Drbio
01-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Kobe is a frigging moron.

kg_veteran
01-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
My own personal assumptions:

1) There are several "other" women--the Colorado rape victim wasn't Kobe's first dalliance

I think everyone in America assumes this.

2) The liaison with the woman in Portland occurred BEFORE the Colorado incident

You're probably right.

3) His wife will stay with him until he signs his next contract to increase the pool of assets from which to settle

No doubt, and he won't dare try to divorce her before then.

4) This latest revelation doesn't hurt (or help) his PR situation--unless the Portland woman reached a secret settlement with Bryant because of charges of sexual assault. The (excessively trashy, great unwashed) public has already moved past Kobe's slip-up.

Sadly, that's true.

Nicky31
01-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/kobe_bryant.jpgequalshttp://www.cnn.com/WORLD/europe/9808/29/russia.G7/link.bill.clinton.jpg ?!?!?

Quote from Kobe Bryant

I confess that I didn't have any sexual relations with this hotel clerk

OutletPass
01-29-2004, 02:43 PM
When I read the first post in this thread (and the title of the thread) my first thought was that someone was just pranking around. Then I noticed that it was posted by brother WOW...( and I KNOW that he doesn't do that sort of thing...) so I had to take a look at the article on MSNBC

I'm genuinely confused by the words in the article. Why in the world did they say that she was connected to the "Kobe Bryant case" ?

She may be "connected" to Kobe...but how is she connected to the "case". For now, I'm just going to have to assume that it was a very poor job of writing.

The whole story seems a bit odd...I wonder if it was floated by his defense team to show that "consensual sex" in hotels was just an everyday thing for Kobe...(therefore, the Colorado thing was consensual.)

Drbio
01-29-2004, 04:34 PM
The thing that pisses me off about this is that it doesn't appear on NBA.com or ESPN.com like all of the details about the victims sexual history have appeared in featured stories.

The agenda is to have Kobe emerge from this unscathed. It makes me sick.

LRB
01-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Doc I totally agree with you here. It's like King David's (Stern) statement last week that he hoped that Kobe would get off. All the NBA cares about is keeping Kobe playing. They could care less if he rapes, kills, or commits any sort of crime just so long as he can get off from being punished for it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

ReDIRKulous
01-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Is this article fake?

Notice the grammatical error... "The woman works at a hotel were visiting NBA teams stay when in Portland, Ore., to play the Trail Blazers."

is the web address right?

Shaq Attack2
01-29-2004, 05:33 PM
This was reported on TV as well, according to some Laker fans on Lakerstalk.

WayOutWest
01-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by: OutletPass
When I read the first post in this thread (and the title of the thread) my first thought was that someone was just pranking around. Then I noticed that it was posted by brother WOW...( and I KNOW that he doesn't do that sort of thing...) so I had to take a look at the article on MSNBC

I'm genuinely confused by the words in the article. Why in the world did they say that she was connected to the "Kobe Bryant case" ?

She may be "connected" to Kobe...but how is she connected to the "case". For now, I'm just going to have to assume that it was a very poor job of writing.

The whole story seems a bit odd...I wonder if it was floated by his defense team to show that "consensual sex" in hotels was just an everyday thing for Kobe...(therefore, the Colorado thing was consensual.)

I've heard stories that the woman was contacted and brought forth by the prosecution but can't confirm it anywhere. It's being talked about alot on LA talk radio and the topic seems to be why this won't help the prosecution.

I don't know, but it sounds like Kobe is your typical NBA "playa". I'm waiting to hear a reponse from Kobe, if he admits it then I'll believe it's true and if he denies it I'll STILL think it's true. IMO this won't help nor hurt his legal case but it sure as hell ruins any shot at reconcilling his marriage. I won't know what to think if they stay together, will it be because of the money or is his wife a saint. The money angle is easy enough to believe and I know women who stay with garbage that's 100X worse than Kobe and they don't have a dime to their names.

MavKikiNYC
01-29-2004, 07:40 PM
This is being widely reported now, so the report would appear to be authentic.

Kobe Bryant: Portland Hotel Worker Claims Encounter

PORTLAND -- A Portland hotel worker now claims that she had a "romantic encounter" with basketball star and accused rapist Kobe Bryant.
The television show "Celebrity Justice" claims that Bryant had a brief relationship with a then-23-year-old employee at the Benson Hotel.

She says their interaction was "hot and heavy," though they stopped short of having sexual intercourse.

Bryant is accused of raping a Colorado hotel worker. Sources say prosecutors have contacted the Portland woman.

"Celebrity Justice" reports that she is ready to testify in the trial of the man she calls "a perfect gentleman."

January 29, 2004 -- LOS ANGELES - An Oregon hotel worker reportedly has told Colorado authorities she had a fling with Kobe Bryant, feeding a prosecution theory that the embattled hoops star trolls hotels for sex.
The Portland woman met Bryant last April, and he asked her to deliver food to his room - where they had a consensual sexual encounter that stopped just short of intercourse, said the TV show "Celebrity Justice," citing unidentified sources.

But even if prosecutors can show Bryant is a habitual cheat, the woman could just as easily help him - because she says he was "a perfect gentleman" when she said no to intercourse.

Los Angeles defense lawyer Ronald Richards said such a witness might produce a zero gain for prosecutors and defense lawyers.

"I don't even know if the defense will be able to get this in - a prior act of good conduct," he said.

New York defense lawyer and former prosecutor Paul Callan said neither side would probably be able to call the woman.

"If he [Bryant] had a unique pattern, a unique m.o., yes. But as far as garden-variety picking up babes in a hotel, I don't think either sides gets it in," he said.

Bryant is accused of raping a 19-year-old hotel worker in Eagle County, Colo., last summer.

MavKikiNYC
01-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Dear Vanessa,

Please contact:
Gloria Allred
Allred, Maroko & Goldberg
6300 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1500
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Phone (323)653-6530
Fax (323)653-1660

http://www.fansoffieger.com/allred.jpg

WayOutWest
01-29-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Dear Vanessa,

Please contact:
Gloria Allred
Allred, Maroko & Goldberg
6300 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1500
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Phone (323)653-6530
Fax (323)653-1660

http://www.fansoffieger.com/allred.jpg

MY EYES!
MY EYES!
MY EYES!
MY EYES!
MY EYES!
MY EYES!

GOOD GOD MY EYES!

If Kobe would carry that picture around he'd never think about sex, maybe then he'd stay out of trouble.

NBAFan7
01-30-2004, 01:34 AM
Gimme a break, all NBA players "mess around" on the road, in their own city whatever. You'd be naive if you didn't think so. Even you beloved Mavs players and it gets deeper. I've even seen 1 particular person directly connected to the Mavs doing it right here in Dallas. I won't say any names, but lets put it like this he's pretty damn high up in the organization. If these guys choose to mess around, its none of our business.

LRB
01-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Not all NBA palyers "mess around", although there are probably many who do. As for it being "any of our business", well that may be true as long as they stay within the law.

Drbio
01-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by: NBAFan7
Gimme a break, all NBA players "mess around" on the road, in their own city whatever. You'd be naive if you didn't think so. Even you beloved Mavs players and it gets deeper. I've even seen 1 particular person directly connected to the Mavs doing it right here in Dallas. I won't say any names, but lets put it like this he's pretty damn high up in the organization. If these guys choose to mess around, its none of our business.

Sure you have. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

FreshJive
01-30-2004, 06:52 PM
It's not very classy to kiss and tell NBAFan07.

Murphy3
01-30-2004, 08:47 PM
NBAFan7
There's one thing that I truly hate. What is it? It's when someone indicts an entire group as if they know what everyone in that group does or has done or what they are or are not. It's very ignorant to categorize people into a group like you have. It's something that is commonly associated with people that are racist (however, I will not lump all racists into that category).

What you've said isn't much different than saying "White men can't jump"..or "All African American are in gangs".
It's just totally uncalled for. I can't believe that we even have to put up with that type of reasoning here on this site. This site is better than that.

Dirkenstien
01-31-2004, 02:25 AM
Well put Murph

Lvubun1
01-31-2004, 03:14 AM
Call me crazy but I actually think this helps. Come on, did anybody really think that the girl in Co. was the first time he cheated? Give me a break. It was the first time he got CAUGHT. The fact that she said "No" and he was a "Perfect Gentleman" can't hurt his cause.

NBAFan7
01-31-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by: Murphy3
NBAFan7
There's one thing that I truly hate. What is it? It's when someone indicts an entire group as if they know what everyone in that group does or has done or what they are or are not. It's very ignorant to categorize people into a group like you have. It's something that is commonly associated with people that are racist (however, I will not lump all racists into that category).

What you've said isn't much different than saying "White men can't jump"..or "All African American are in gangs".
It's just totally uncalled for. I can't believe that we even have to put up with that type of reasoning here on this site. This site is better than that.

just call it like I see it Murphy3, you'd be naive to think most NBA players didn't mess around.

NBAFan7
01-31-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by: Drbio

Sure you have. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

remind me again, who asked for your opinion pal? oh that's right noone, keep your mouth shut if all u can do is bring negativity to a thread

and I asked that person who I saw about it and you wouldn't believe the response he gave. It was classic.

veruca salt
01-31-2004, 04:25 PM

It's none of our business, until it becomes rape I guess.
Kobe isn't stupid, he knows, rightly or wrongly, the press are going to be all over
ANY one in the public eyes sexual liasons.
He's the one that is naive, if he thinks otherwise.

Oh and just for the record NBAFan7, just because "all" NBA players mess around
on their wives doesn't make it OK.
Personally I don't really give a damn who has consensual sex with who, but NBA players know
that a lot of people do.

Drbio
01-31-2004, 04:46 PM
NBAFan7 obviously fell off the short bus. Can someone please call his mommy and get him home?

Idiot.

Murphy3
01-31-2004, 08:54 PM
Sure, some NBA players mess around while on the road. No one said that some didn't. However, only one person said that all mess around. That type of blanket statement is a very ignorant statement to throw out.

4cwebb
02-02-2004, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by: Drbio
The thing that pisses me off about this is that it doesn't appear on NBA.com or ESPN.com like all of the details about the victims sexual history have appeared in featured stories.

The agenda is to have Kobe emerge from this unscathed. It makes me sick.

To agree with LRB, this is a bit odd that the story isn't on espn.com when every other story about the defense taking a huge lead in various aspects of the pretrial gets front page coverage...would it have been impossible for the judge to ban the media from the entire trial?

One other tangent...espn has already admitted that it overhyped Lebron prior to his playing (although he has certainly lived up to it), but you wonder they will learn from the error of their ways and report both sides of the story objectively until a verdict is rendered?