PDA

View Full Version : Laker Pampering by League continues

Richard
02-01-2004, 04:57 PM
When you are the ratings anchor of the League, the refs don't forget it:

TORONTO -- Shaquille O'Neal scored 36 points to help the Los Angeles Lakers beat the Toronto Raptors 84-83 Sunday to start their longest road trip in 12 years.

Vince Carter had a chance to win the game in the final seconds, but Rick Fox and Gary Payton converged on him as he drove to the basket. Carter threw up the ball, thinking he had been fouled but official Luis Grillo did not call one.

How many games a year do the darling Lakers get handed to them?

Even a home town crowd can't overcome the bias.

Shaq Attack2
02-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Good lord, did you watch the game at all? I can easily admit when the Lakers are given a game every now on then on calls, but this was hardly one of them. If you'd actually like me to list the ridiculous calls the Raptors got I can.

FreshJive
02-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Shaq drops the F-Bomb i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
Frustrated Shaq vents about officiating (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=240201028)

Richard
02-01-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
Good lord, did you watch the game at all? I can easily admit when the Lakers are given a game every now on then on calls, but this was hardly one of them. If you'd actually like me to list the ridiculous calls the Raptors got I can.

Well, according to the article Freshjive was kind enough to link, even Shaq thought Carter was fouled. I'm sure your view at home was alot better than his there on the court. Of course, being on the road, Shaq didn't get a whistle every time some one held their postition, so he gets hot about the lack of calls for him. He' s so accustomed to preferential treatment, he gets mad when he doesn't get it. Rich.

Shaq Attack2
02-01-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by: Richard

Well, according to the article Freshjive was kind enough to link, even Shaq thought Carter was fouled. I'm sure your view at home was alot better than his there on the court. Of course, being on the road, Shaq didn't get a whistle every time some one held their postition, so he gets hot about the lack of calls for him. He' s so accustomed to preferential treatment, he gets mad when he doesn't get it. Rich.

I don't know why I'm arguing with you, you didn't even watch the game. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Richard
02-01-2004, 08:59 PM

I don't know why I'm arguing with you, you didn't even watch the game. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

I don't know why I am arguing with a guy named Shaq attack 2 who won't believe Shaq.

Shaq Attack2
02-02-2004, 12:02 AM

I don't know why I am arguing with a guy named Shaq attack 2 who won't believe Shaq.

I assume you didn't hear his comments, otherwise you'd know that he said the calls were terrible on both sides.

It's OK.

WayOutWest
02-02-2004, 12:12 AM
The officiating was pretty horrid in the end, I was pretty surprised they pulled it out considering how much everyone on the Lakers was whinning about the calls. You can say alot of things about Rick Fox but he was the ONLY guy, beside Fisher, on the Lakers who kept his composure durring the game.

I couldn't believe how many touch fouls where getting called against the Lakers, then the refs swallowed the wistle on the last two Carter possestions. Pretty pathetic game by the refs.

EricaLubarsky
02-02-2004, 01:58 AM
I didnt watch the game but the calls I saw were HORRIBLE. I don't know if more went against the Lakers or the Raptors but the officiating was horrible. All I know is that

Shaq is a whiny sissy. Get over it and dont use foul language in post-game interviews. Basketball is a family game and kids watch the show.

he was right though- that last call that went the lakers' way was fubar.

Shaq Attack2
02-02-2004, 02:21 AM
I thought it was pretty funny. Funny because it's Shaq and the way he said it, and because it's so predictable coming from a such a clueless dope.

Peja_owns
02-02-2004, 04:27 AM
I watched the game and the shaq was getting hammered. The lakers did not get handed this game by the refs. You should actually watch the games and not read biased articles more often.

Richard
02-02-2004, 07:30 AM
Let's see if I have this straight. Shaq attack and Peja think the only folks who are justified in having an opinion are those who see things personally. Basing opinions on what an eyewitness (the reporter) and a participant (Shaquille O'Neal) said just isn't good enough to base an opinion on?

Guess the jury in Kobe's trial, not having seen it "live", should be ridiculed for the opinion/verdict they reach then? What a juvenile and moronic position to take on a board that is ALL about posting one's thoughts and opinions. Disagree with mine if you would like. But, don't tell me I can't have an opinion about what is reported because I didn't see it live.

Shaq Attack2
02-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Let's see if I have this straight. Shaq attack and Peja think the only folks who are justified in having an opinion are those who see things personally. Basing opinions on what an eyewitness (the reporter) and a participant (Shaquille O'Neal) said just isn't good enough to base an opinion on?

Please go find and read what Shaq said, you clearly have no clue what was said during the interview.

Richard
02-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Please go find and read what Shaq said, you clearly have no clue what was said during the interview

Copied from the article linked above:

O'Neal twice used profanities on live television in the postgame interview with KCAL-TV. When informed he was on live, O'Neal replied with a vulgarity.

He later sympathized with Vince Carter. O'Neal said. "He [Vince Carter] got fouled, I got fouled, and they didn't call it."

>> What about that quote doesn't agree with what I originally posted? Hometeam can't get a foul even Shaq acknowldges occurred. Lakers get yet another game saving assist from the refs. Happens all the time. Your namesake doesn't even try to deny the refs failed to call a foul that gave the Lakers the game.

Drbio
02-02-2004, 05:48 PM
Richard- you criticized shaqqy poo on a Mavericks board and the laker fan got upset. You should know better. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

WayOutWest
02-02-2004, 05:49 PM
Please go find and read what Shaq said, you clearly have no clue what was said during the interview

Copied from the article linked above:

O'Neal twice used profanities on live television in the postgame interview with KCAL-TV. When informed he was on live, O'Neal replied with a vulgarity.

He later sympathized with Vince Carter. O'Neal said. "He [Vince Carter] got fouled, I got fouled, and they didn't call it."

>> What about that quote doesn't agree with what I originally posted? Hometeam can't get a foul even Shaq acknowldges occurred. Lakers get yet another game saving assist from the refs. Happens all the time. Your namesake doesn't even try to deny the refs failed to call a foul that gave the Lakers the game.

You're joking right?

The game shouldn't have even been close. Read the quotes AGAIN! Carter was NOT the only person Shaq felt got shafted. Don't use half of Shaq's comments then convieniently ignore the other. Flogging haters!

kingrex
02-02-2004, 06:07 PM
Fellas, the officiating of the game did stink. Shaq was obviously emotional after the game. Where's the beef?

It was a bad call which happens to every team, I don't believe that's enough evidence to support the NBA-wants-Lakers-to-win conspiracy theory.