PDA

View Full Version : Spurs-Kings tonight, February 6th

Chiwas
02-06-2004, 12:54 PM
San Antonio (33-18) at Sacramento (34-12) 10:30 pm EST
2003-04 Stats at a Glance

SACRAMENTO, California (Ticker) -- The San Antonio Spurs try to remain unbeaten on their season-high seven-game road trip Friday night when they visit the Sacramento Kings.

The Spurs opened their trip with an 83-65 win at Utah on Monday and raised their road record to 15-11 with a 96-90 victory at Seattle on Thursday.

Tim Duncan collected 23 points and 14 rebounds for his 40th double-double of the season. Reserve guard Devin Brown scored eight of his 10 points in the third quarter when Seattle focused on stopping Duncan.

The Kings have won four in a row and 10 of their last 13. They returned home from a six-game road trip and posted a 117-101 victory over Seattle on Tuesday.

Brad Miller collected 25 points, 15 rebounds and five assists and Peja Stojakovic scored 26 points. Mike Bibby added 18 points for the Kings, who trailed by 10 points early in the second quarter and 61-56 at halftime before taking control.

Stojakovic has led the team in scoring 11 times in the last 13 games.

Last season, the Spurs were the only team to win twice in Sacramento, taking a pair of games by a combined five points.

The Kings had lost three in a row in the series before Bobby Jackson scored 12 of his 18 points in a 96-91 win at San Antonio on January 29.

I will watch this one, my first this season not involving the Mavericks.

What a paradox, I want both to lose.

bernardos70
02-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Well Chiwas, at least you can rest assured that at least one of them will lose! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

What makes it a little bit harder to watch is because I just hate the kings, but I don't outright hate the Spurs so much, but the Spurs are on our division, so I think it'd be better for us if the Spurs lost tonite. Sacramento being #1 for so long will take care of itself, I believe.....

mary
02-06-2004, 10:21 PM
I love the Kings...they were the first NBA team I ever really became a fan of. I'll only NOT root for them when they are playing the Mavs.

Tonight will be fun - as the Defending Champs are reminded once again of their present day mediocrity.

This one calls for a Cosmo or two...or maybe three.

ReDIRKulous
02-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Yep... the Spurs are gonna get hosed tonight... Sac.. at home... with their new retro jerseys and the Spurs playing a back to back... it could get ugly.

ReDIRKulous
02-06-2004, 10:50 PM
The Spurs will probably start to show the back to back in the second half. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

MavsFanFinley
02-06-2004, 11:16 PM
It's bad enough that Cleveland couldn't hang with Minnesota late in the game, it looks like the Kings are going to lay an egg against the Spurs.

ReDIRKulous
02-07-2004, 12:01 AM
It is interesting how SA/Bowen is shutting down Peja... then remember back to the WCF... Bowen didn't know what the hell to do with Dirk. lol

bernardos70
02-07-2004, 12:48 AM
Interesting how Ginobili just waltz into the lane, burning everyone on his way there. And then Dallas doesn't play defense.

ReDIRKulous
02-07-2004, 12:59 AM
The Kings are such chokers man. lol

I wonder how Webber would have impacted this game?

sike
02-07-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous

by crying....

like the wuss he is.......that guy is such a girl.....

rakesh.s
02-07-2004, 01:26 AM
i couldn't stop laughing when floppy tried to draw an offensive foul on Duncan..duncan swung the elbows and barely grazed floppy and he jerked back twice

ReDIRKulous
02-07-2004, 01:38 AM
by crying....

Yeah... Webber brings some offensive things to the Kings... but I also think he is a defensive liabilty.

But I think the pick and roll helps him and Bibby a lot. It will be interesting to see how the Kings perform when he is back.

razap
02-07-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by: mary
I love the Kings...they were the first NBA team I ever really became a fan of. I'll only NOT root for them when they are playing the Mavs.

Tonight will be fun - as the Defending Champs are reminded once again of their present day mediocrity.

This one calls for a Cosmo or two...or maybe three.

mediocrity?. funny. nice to see that medocre team , who by the way is ahead of your team in the standings, play tough defense.

Chiwas
02-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by: sike

Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous

by crying....

Rejoice:

http://cache.nba.com/media/kings/CWebber_040206.jpg