PG - Stevie "Dumb as a Rock" Francis
SG - Kobe "Drama Queen" Bryant
SF - Rasheed "I'm in Slavery" Wallace
PF - Chris "Crybaby" Webber
C - Shaquille "The Big Whiner" O'Neal

Feel free to add yours.

OutletPass
02-06-2004, 02:30 PM
-- LRB, on my team, Isiah "BadBaby" Thomas is the Coach/GM.

I like the rest of yours but let me consult my alzheimered archives.

LRB
02-06-2004, 03:08 PM
OP great pick on the Coach/GM. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

stevie_franchise3
02-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Regardless of position

Allen "Me, myself and" Iverson
Kobe "Overrated" Bryant
Tracy "I cant play against zone" McGrady
Pau "The big Whiner" Gasol
Stephen "I dont want a big paycheck or play for a winner" Jackson
Gary "super trashtalker" Payton

Oh and let not forget Mark " I got so much money I can get fined over 200,000.00 for whining about the refs" Cuban. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif As the owner.

Jamisonite
02-06-2004, 03:38 PM
How about...Jeff "The comb over is dead" Van Gundy as the coach?

stevie_franchise3
02-06-2004, 03:57 PM
Or even better as coach,

Don " I have been a coach in the league forever and never won the big one as a Coach" Nelson

LRB
02-06-2004, 04:58 PM
I'll add my Prima Donna refs as well: Javie, Crawford, and Hollins.

FreshJive
02-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Tracy "I cant play against zone" McGrady

Franchise, didn't your namesake say the same thing after every Mav ass kicking he took? I seem to remember some tirade about the zone being a "prevent" defense.

WayOutWest
02-06-2004, 07:07 PM
PG:Sam "I am without fault" Cassell
SG:Kobe "I'm innocent" Bryant
SF:Raweed "the big tantrum" Wallace
PF:Christina "it was like 20 or 260,000 bucks, I'm not sure" SheWebb
C: Vlade "I've been Impaled on every shot" Divac.

Coach: George Karl
GM: Danny Ainge
Owner: Mark Cuban

ReDIRKulous
02-06-2004, 07:22 PM
Vince "I took a year or two off but I was still an All-star" Carter

Allen "NOW I want all my teammates to practice" Iverson

team's exclusive reporter.. - Charles "I hate Dirk for calling me a moron.... even though I have made a second career out of being a moron... plus he dunked on me" Barkely

NYCdog
02-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Some observations..........

1...........No way in hell you can put "Sam I am" Cassell on that list. Not after the way he has played this season and throughout his career. Not after being snubbed from the All Star Game starting position and not complaining about it. He's no prima dona.......

2...........I know I will take some flack on this one but...........Steve Francis shouldnt be on this list either, not just yet. Sure, he acted like a prima dona last week regarding the Super Bowl incident. Before you hang me, hear me out........There is also a line of defense for him on this one too regarding the "Super Bowl flight skip"........

Why in bloody hell are the Rockets flying out of the Super Bowl host city on the day of the big game? What, do Rockets management not think that after all the hype the city has endured for the game, all the parties the city has been bombarded with, all the celebs visiting town and even showing up at Rockets games, "smooching" each other like P Diddy and Adam Sandler were doing at the Nets game..........that the players are not gonna wanna see the damn game itself? I hear that most of the Rockets players that went on the flight werent happy with the decision to fly out to Phoenix on Super Sunday. And that's understandable. Super Sunday has almost become a national holiday in this country. And can you imagine the wild scene in the host city........I can, I saw it first hand. And would I skip the flight to catch the game and fly out on Monday morning myself.........HELL YEAH! I seriously question the decision to fly out on Super Sunday myself.

But still, Steve Francis shouldnt have bailed out on his teammates either.......I will agree with that. But is he a prima dona for this? Certainly NOT! Its understandable why he was compelled to do it. And people.............as the cast of writers on "Around the Horn" put it.......Its his first mistake IN FIVE YEARS! That was since his last mistake............forcing the trade form Vancouver to Houston. And that was quite understandable too considering the situation the Grizzles franchise was in at that time. He shouldnt be traded, hung, called a prima dona etc.........for making a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes. But if its one player who cares about his team and is there when they need him the most.........Its without a doubt Steve Francis. I have seen it many times throughout his five year and can name you examples of it.........like Shaq/Yao one where he willed the Rockets to victory with 44 points. That's why he still is almost untradeable now and probably always will be. Bottom line is.............he is NO PRIMA DONA.

Guys I UN-BIASEDLY consider "Prima Dona's"...............

Point Guard Jason Kidd..........for all the trades he demands when things dont go his way. "No Center".....Trade me! "Move to Long Island"........trade me! "Dont like Byron Scott"........fire him or trade me! C'mon J Kidd, cant you atleast try and work something out instead of doing this all the damn time. This is truly getting ridiculous........

2 Guard Allen "ABC's The Practice" Iverson............This line says it all..........

"We talkin bout Practice! We aint talkin bout the game........we talkin bout pracitce!"

Need I say more............

The backup Doug Christie...........Just look at him sometimes. The way he acts on court. Its like...........Would you like some cheese with that WHINE?" And then there's that whole bit with his wife........

Small Foward "Mr Geri-Curl" Rick Fox. Just look at him.........That it! Nuff said. Capish!?!

Power Foward Rasheed "I'm a slave for you" Wallace..........I would try to defend him by saying his tantrums are out of his desire to win but............his tantrums get way too out of control. He needs to learn to control that overwhemling desire to win and focus it on the court and not at the world.

And that "Slavery" comment..........I cant defend that. Unlike real slaves Sheed, your getting paid millions, living in the best mansions......umm, I meant crack houses, your driving the best cars and smokin them up too, hittin the best top-dollar weed money can buy, getting preferential treatment at jails in and around Portland.........all from playing a stupid game kids love to play everday. And that's slavery to you Sheed?

Center.......Chris Webber This guy has never really been happy where ever he has been. Wasnt happy at Golden State, which was understandable. Got traded to Washington. Wat happy there, left for Sacto. Almost wasnt happy cause as he put it........"I had to drive a long ways to San Francisco for good Chinese food." "Sacto is too small for me, I like the big city life" Well guess what CWebb.........maybe you should have stayed at Golden State? Last I checked, the Oakland/ San Francisco/ San Jose/ whatever other city there is out there.........Bay Area meets the big city qualifications you require. And its a Helluva alot closer to Chinatown, isnt it? But instead, he decides to stay and continue to complain in Sacto. Go Figure........

As for coach.......who ever said Jeff Van Gundy and Don Nelson..........are you out of your friggen minds? Seroiusly.........The BOTH are two of the most UN-attractable men on the face of this planet. how on earth can either of them be "prima dona's?".........just look at them. They also both care about there teams too. They work themsleves so hard, they alomst run themslevs into the ground trying to coach basketball.

The real prima dona coach is.............George Karl. No one cant deny this fact. He has ruined every team he has been with due to his shady tactics and secretive moves with his players.

But dressing like this.........Larry Brown isnt far behind.
http://www.remembertheaba.com/TributeMaterial/LBrownRainbowSweater.jpg

Announcers..........Marv Albert (Knicks/national) and Calvin Murphy (Rockets). Marv simply for the groping and backscratching incident he had with that woman a few years back. And speaking of dressing...........Calvin Murphy belongs on this list simply due to the "playa made" pimpin suits he sports to every game. Talk about out of sight........Woo!

But I will give this to both of them............Both Marv and Calvin Murphy are the game's two best TV announcers and analysists. Marv has a damn good voice for play-by-play duties (that's why he mande a comeback) and Calvin Murphy is both intellectual basketball wise and funny all at the same time. Unlike most analysists who bore me to death with all the useless stats possible, Calvin makes the game so much damn fun to watch and listen too all at the same time. I would love to see him do a national telecast one day.

GM..........Scot Layden.............nuff said.

LRB
02-07-2004, 08:35 PM
2...........I know I will take some flack on this one but...........Steve Francis shouldnt be on this list either, not just yet. Sure, he acted like a prima dona last week regarding the Super Bowl incident. Before you hang me, hear me out........There is also a line of defense for him on this one too regarding the "Super Bowl flight skip"........

NYCdog, while the superbowl incident did nothing to get Stevie Francis off my Prima Donna list, it didn't place him there either. I would have placed him on it back in October. The guys whole game reeks "me 1st, team 2nd". In fact I highly doubt that team would make the top 5 with him. The Super Bowl was only the icing on his cake of crap.

seelenjaeger
02-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Hmm, IŽd like to give Karl Malone an honorable mention for the PF spot ... SheWebb is injured all year dna could woman the IR ...

Nash13
02-07-2004, 11:27 PM
The guys whole game reeks "me 1st, team 2nd".

Maybe that's why the 8th seeded team hasn't made the playoffs in 3 seasons.

Don " I have been a coach in the league forever and never won the big one as a Coach" Nelson

Has Jeff Van Gundy?

stevie_franchise3
02-08-2004, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by: Nash13

The guys whole game reeks "me 1st, team 2nd".

Maybe that's why the 8th seeded team hasn't made the playoffs in 3 seasons.

Has Jeff Van Gundy?

No, but he has been to the NBA Finals.

seelenjaeger
02-08-2004, 11:07 AM
And lost.

stevie_franchise3
02-08-2004, 01:52 PM
Nellie hasnt even had a chance to lose in the Finals. Matter of fact, Van Gundy took his same Knicks that Nellie coached to a 57-25 the next season and later on to the finals. Imagine that.

Nash13
02-08-2004, 04:46 PM
How about did he go to the finals after playing a full 82 game season? As I recall, those same Knicks are the team that he bailed out on when they started losing two seasons ago. Maybe there's a reason Gundy didn't coach last year. It took him an ill coach(Rudy T.) to coach this season.

Winning by default is the theme to the Rockets success

stevie_franchise3
02-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Actually, if you kept up with basketball early this past summer you would have known that Gundy was up for several jobs and not just Houston's. He was also inteviewed for the Cleveland vacancy as well.

I dont mind winning by default. At least we have won. Our organization does have a history of winning big ones.

mavsfanforever
02-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by: stevie_franchise3
Actually, if you kept up with basketball early this past summer you would have known that Gundy was up for several jobs and not just Houston's. He was also inteviewed for the Cleveland vacancy as well.

I dont mind winning by default. At least we have won. Our organization does have a history of winning big ones.

Actually Gundy was contractually obligated to the Knicks past season and thus could not coach.