PDA

View Full Version : O'Neil being killed by Yao

mavsfanforever
02-11-2004, 11:30 PM
As Bill Walton said just now- we are seeing a historical even where a 23yr old Yao calling for the ball against Shaq. Shaq could not guard Yao until he just fouled out.

OutletPass
02-11-2004, 11:36 PM
Yao with 27...Rox up 98-83 with 2 minutes left...fun to watch Shaq foul out !!!

And yes, Yao was calling for the ball against Shaq...for this night, Shaq bent over and took it.

Very special !!!

Dirkenstien
02-11-2004, 11:40 PM
lol..this was a great sight....possibly an introspective of the future to come..im loving it! Down with the king!!

mavsfanforever
02-11-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by: OutletPass

And yes, Yao was calling for the ball against Shaq...for this night, Shaq bent over and took it.

Very special !!!

Man, remember once before the draft took place there was an opportunity to get this 7'5" centre for Michael Finley and Mark Cuban quoted that " Shawn will eat Yao for his breakfast". Cuban needs to stop assessing the players and just concentrate on signing the chwques.

ReDIRKulous
02-11-2004, 11:50 PM
That was an awsome performance form Yao. I am happy for the guy. he looked really proud of himself... and he should be. I hope he kicks the crap out of Shaq like that every time he plays him!

ReDIRKulous
02-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever

Very special !!!

Man, remember once before the draft took place there was an opportunity to get this 7'5" centre for Michael Finley and Mark Cuban quoted that " Shawn will eat Yao for his breakfast". Cuban needs to stop assessing the players and just concentrate on signing the chwques.

Bradley has domianted Yao defensively though. I think he is capable of it because Yao's game isn't about brute strength like Shaq's. Bradley can deal with him for tthat reason.

TheBaron
02-11-2004, 11:54 PM
I turned the channel in the first quarter after Yao had requested the ball 2-3 times without even getting a glance. I guess I should have stayed tuned.

stevie_franchise3
02-12-2004, 12:56 AM
And you guys always talk about our guards don't pass the ball enough or get the ball to Yao enough. Our guards combined for 16 assists. Yao wasnt the only one killing the Lakers, Steve and Cuttino was doing a number on them as well. Steve was schooling Payton and Cuttino was killing Kobe.

TheBaron
02-12-2004, 12:58 AM
16 assists!!??!?!?!?!? wow!!!!!!!!!! i/expressions/moon.gif

You only have to go back a week to see that kind of performance from Stevie Wonder and Fin-dawg

mavsfanforever
02-12-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by: stevie_franchise3
And you guys always talk about our guards don't pass the ball enough or get the ball to Yao enough. Our guards combined for 16 assists. Yao wasnt the only one killing the Lakers, Steve and Cuttino was doing a number on them as well. Steve was schooling Payton and Cuttino was killing Kobe.

Who cares about steve and cattino? This matchup was all about Yao and Shaq. May be rocket fans might be interested in the intricacies of steve, mobley, maurice taylor etc. I am not. I wanted Yao to embarass Shaq and he did and that maked me feel good because I always liked Yao. Btw, your guards passing the ball more to Yao should also be a result of what Gundy has done.

ReDIRKulous
02-12-2004, 12:59 AM
16 assists!!??!?!?!?!? wow!!!!!!!!!!

lol!

stevie_franchise3
02-12-2004, 01:02 AM
Yao is always going to do well against the Lakers because they don't zone and for the most part they didnt double team Yao. Shaq wants to play him one on one. Any team that does that is plain stupid.

mavsfanforever
02-12-2004, 01:08 AM
As I said noone cares about Steve and Mobley except rocket fans. Yao is famous worldwide and got Skillz.

TheBaron
02-12-2004, 01:10 AM
As I said noone cares about Steve and Mobley except rocket fans. Yao is famous worldwide and got Skillz.

I havent been too caught up in "King James"- Im still very much intrigued by Yao Ming. He's definitely the one to watch IMO

Max Power
02-12-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by: TheBaron
16 assists!!??!?!?!?!? wow!!!!!!!!!! i/expressions/moon.gif

You only have to go back a week to see that kind of performance from Stevie Wonder and Fin-dawg

Good one. I like it when stevie_moron3 gets put back into his place.

Why he comes to a Mavs board is beyond me - probably because no other board has such a liberal policy of allowing trolls.

WayOutWest
02-12-2004, 02:52 AM
Yao killed Shaq?

FG% FTM FT% PTS REB AST ST BLK TO
Shaq .417 14 .737 24 9 4 1 4 3
Yao .476 9 .818 29 11 1 0 1 2

Uhmmmm...yea...okay, wouldn't want reality to burst any bubbles.

You could see Shaq was frustrated because he wanted it to be Shaq vs Yao but they don't let Shaq go at Yao one on one the same way the Lakers let Shaq single cover Yao.

Yao is looking very good and could become the dominant center in the NBA is he can stay healthy. His game is terrific, I really enjoy watching a big man play the post like that instead of wanting to be a spot up shooter. The versatility of Yao post games bring back memories of Kevin McHale, despite Waltons' incorrect insistance that Yao's Hakeemish. Hopefully we'll see some battles between Yao and TD as well.

Shaq needs to take some lessons from Malone on throwing elbows because Shaq's getting whacked on the head way too hard and way too often. Then Shaq gets called for a flagrant for much less contact.

twelli
02-12-2004, 03:06 AM
Shaq maybe the most dominant player, but he is certainly not the greatest players to watch. I am sick of seeing him dunking the ball and shooting those horrible free throw. I rather watch Yao hitting those smooth long shots and nifty hooks. Yao seems to be more mature than Shaq as well...

superheadcat
02-12-2004, 03:50 AM
ha, i still remembered on tuesday nite, those tnt guys cannot wait to kiss shaq's rear for his 25-10 dominant performance in a convincing 15 points win over...miami heat.

a bunch of morons.

OutletPass
02-12-2004, 04:03 AM
You could see Shaq was frustrated because he wanted it to be Shaq vs Yao but they don't let Shaq go at Yao one on one the same way the Lakers let Shaq single cover Yao.

--Brother WOW....would you like to try this sentence again...I always love your input...but this a bit hard to understand...are you talking about the officials and their calls ?

twelli
02-12-2004, 04:08 AM
Shaq is a big fat baby who wants to go one on one with Yao to show everyone that he is still the MAN. I think WayOut meant the coaches, right?

mavsman
02-12-2004, 05:53 AM
From nba.com (Shaq about being mature and giving credit where credit is due):

"He's a good player," said O'Neal, who was called for five fouls in the final period. "He made the shots, but he got the whistles, too. He's a big guy and has a soft touch, but I don't think he ever will be able to play me 1-on-1. Ever, ever, ever."

Shaq Attack2
02-12-2004, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by: twelli
Shaq is a big fat baby who wants to go one on one with Yao to show everyone that he is still the MAN. I think WayOut meant the coaches, right?

Yup, it was JVG's decision to triple team Shaq and PJ's decision to single cover Yao.

Yao dominated Shaq? Honestly, how many people here actually watched more than 2 minutes of the game?

OutletPass
02-12-2004, 06:38 AM
Well Shaq Attack..I happened to watch more than 2 minutes....

I watched the WHOLE DAMN THING...
and after Shaq blocked Yao's little "going left and put it up to the right twister" ...
Shaq quit playing...And yes, the docile Yao Ming, was screaming for the ball to go against Shaq one on one. That's why it was so freaking funny. And funnier still to watch Shaq foul his ass out of the game.

Guess who lost on Kobe's return.

The Lakers did.

twelli
02-12-2004, 06:48 AM
Shaq will be exploding at the All star game. Hopefully Yao is crowned MVP...

Big Boy Laroux
02-12-2004, 08:52 AM
shaq should have fouled out about 4 times in the 4th before he finally got called for his stupid reacharound foul... i really think at that point he was thinking "i am getting abused on D, i want out of this game."

also, isnn't it amazing that last night was the first time this season that shaq has fouled out of a game?!?! (i haven't double-checked, but that's what the announcers said).

madape
02-12-2004, 09:30 AM
Shaq needs to take a farm league assignment.

We'll call you when we think you're ready to play in the bigs, son.

Drbio
02-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Shaq was Yao's beeyatch yesterday.

WayOutWest
02-12-2004, 12:39 PM

--Brother WOW....would you like to try this sentence again...I always love your input...but this a bit hard to understand...are you talking about the officials and their calls ?

What ShaqAttack2 said. Shaq wants to go one on one with Yao but the game plan impletemented by the coaches didn't allow for that.

I think alot of the posts are wishfull thinking about Shaq's demise. Yao is definately the future but the present belongs to Shaq. Should they meet in the playoff Shaq will be getting the better of Yao on both ends of the court, he's done it before but it's usually becuase Yao get's tired.

Alot of these posts remind me of playground kids/punks.

One more time:

FG% FTM FT% PTS REB AST ST BLK TO
Shaq .417 14 .737 24 9 4 1 4 3
Yao .476 9 .818 29 11 1 0 1 2

i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Murphy3
02-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Yao had the better game, but I don't think it qualifies as "Yao dominating Shaq" or anything like that.

NYCdog
02-12-2004, 02:29 PM
True Yao didnt dominate..........

But Yao having the better game is the absolute amazing part of this story.........

compare this game to the much hyped Yao/Shaq I showdown last year. Yao showed up the first two minutes or so on defense, rejecting Shaq on his first three attempts........then Shaq took over and manhandled him.

But now look at the showdown this season.........Yao miraculously held his ground on the Christmas Day showdown scoring 16 points on Shaq in the first, then shutting down the Diesel in the 4th. And now in matchup No. 2 this year, Yao actually has the better game..........I mean WOW!!!!!!!!

I never thought I would say this........until Shaq's career was winding down toward retirement. But all this happening this soon.......

Yao hasnt just improved.........he has made huge unexpected strides.

My only gripe/complaint on Yao...........in his post game comments, which were actually in his own English, he said he got hyped up for this game more then any other game. And it showed in his preformance against Shaq last night. But imagine if he felt the same way for every game...........Yao would probably dominate then.

This is part of the reason why I feel his isnt as dominating as he shoould be. If he were to take every game this seriously as he takes his matchups against Shaq, he would be a much better player right now.

But now, I feel if the Rockets make the playoffs, they will be the scariest team to face in the West. Forget Stevie Francis and his troubles......In the playoffs, I think Yao will take every game seriously.........and then go out and demand and receive the ball and then proceed to dominate, like he did last night.

WayOutWest
02-12-2004, 02:38 PM
The main reason Yao is looking so much better against Shaq now is because Yao doesn't get as tired at the end of games. Shaq basically owned Yoa at the end of game cause it looked like Yao would run out of gas. A man of Yao size does need to learn to pace himself, I won't mind if Yao cruises a little to have something in the tank when he goes up agaisnt the likes of Shaq, TD, JO and KG.

stevie_franchise3
02-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by: WayOutWest
The main reason Yao is looking so much better against Shaq now is because Yao doesn't get as tired at the end of games. Shaq basically owned Yoa at the end of game cause it looked like Yao would run out of gas. A man of Yao size does need to learn to pace himself, I won't mind if Yao cruises a little to have something in the tank when he goes up agaisnt the likes of Shaq, TD, JO and KG.

Actually the main reason Yao looked so good tonight was because the Lakers did not double team him or play a zone. Any team that doesnt double-team Yao is stupid. That is why he killed Orlando as well. Yao can still get his with the double team but he has to work much harder. Pretty much like we did with Shaq.

WayOutWest
02-12-2004, 03:20 PM

Actually the main reason Yao looked so good tonight was because the Lakers did not double team him or play a zone. Any team that doesnt double-team Yao is stupid. That is why he killed Orlando as well. Yao can still get his with the double team but he has to work much harder. Pretty much like we did with Shaq.

You don't know much about the Lakers team. They don't double team any player on a regular basis. Yao doesn't require a double team vs. the Lakers because of Shaq. Yao will get his against Shaq but the Lakers team defense is more important, the Lakers will change up their D late in games and double down on a player to throw a player off but they won't do it for an entire game. Teams like L.A., Dallas, S.A. and Sactown don't need to double Yao.

Anybody can get over on Orlando's front court so I don't know why you bring them up.

Nash13
02-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Any team that doesnt double-team Yao is stupid.

Like Dallas did. As i recall, he only scored 12 points that entire night with Bradley/Fortson individually on him.

That is why he killed Orlando as well.

He can kill an Orlando, but get completely shut out by the Miami Heat. Face it, Yao Ming is a streaky player. He can get the better of Shaq on any given night, but Ginobli could get the better of Mcgrady on a given night, but they statistically can't continue to get the better of somebody.

stevie_franchise3
02-12-2004, 04:54 PM

You don't know much about the Lakers team. They don't double team any player on a regular basis. Yao doesn't require a double team vs. the Lakers because of Shaq. Yao will get his against Shaq but the Lakers team defense is more important, the Lakers will change up their D late in games and double down on a player to throw a player off but they won't do it for an entire game. Teams like L.A., Dallas, S.A. and Sactown don't need to double Yao.

Anybody can get over on Orlando's front court so I don't know why you bring them up.

Yes I do watch the Lakers since they are on national TV all the dang time. (Also because I have NBALP.) And Yes I know Shaq doesnt have help on defense but the other Lakers do double team. I also know that guards overplay to one side to force the opposing guards right into the security blanket callled Shaq.

The other problem with the Lakers is that they dont play the pick n roll worth anything. That is one of the Rockets strengths. We all know Shaq doesnt like to play out at the top of the key.

Sure Yao hasnt had enough "good" games to warrant a double team on a consistent basis yet against the Lakers but they should have a couple of times last night. Especially in the 4th quarter. For the most part, the Lakers defense isnt all that great, period.

And if Orlando's front court is so weak, how is it that you guys barely beat them and Shaq only had 20 points?

stevie_franchise3
02-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by: Nash13

Any team that doesnt double-team Yao is stupid.

Like Dallas did. As i recall, he only scored 12 points that entire night with Bradley/Fortson individually on him.

That is why he killed Orlando as well.

He can kill an Orlando, but get completely shut out by the Miami Heat. Face it, Yao Ming is a streaky player. He can get the better of Shaq on any given night, but Ginobli could get the better of Mcgrady on a given night, but they statistically can't continue to get the better of somebody.

Haha! Dallas never defends him one on one. They always have double teams on him. Sure Bradley will play him one on one for a couple of trips, but Dallas always reverts back to the gimmicky zone.

Where Yao is suspect is against athletic, long and quick players. Especially when they play in front and back of him. In a couple of years that wont work because he will be physically stronger and will be able to create space for himself like shaq does now.

Murphy3
02-12-2004, 06:33 PM
He killed Orlando mostly because Orlando was doubling and trapping on the perimeter WAY too much. Most of Yao's points were pretty much uncontested.

bernardos70
02-12-2004, 06:49 PM
I don't like shaq....... most of the league doesn't (perhaps because he is dominant). So I root for Yao (note: I root for Yao, not the rockets, a team I dislike just as much as the lakers, not in small part due to steve "I'm gonna go to the superbowl, you guys play by yourselves" francis).

Good win, the team can't reach us but can down the lakers, great work

NYCdog
02-12-2004, 07:11 PM
Good win, the team can't reach us...............

Dont say that...........

This is the NBA and any team..........I MEAN ANY TEAM.......can beat anyone at any given time. Especially this season where all the West's lower seeds are more dangerous then they have ever been in any other previous playoffs before. Dont sleep on teams like Houston, Memphis and Denver........they can take out any of the West's top contenders.....even the Mavs.

This season, no one will be safe come playoff time...........so dont take your team and its success for granted. It just might come back to haunt you.........

bernardos70
02-12-2004, 08:38 PM
NYCdog, I meant the team can't reach us as in it hasn't as of yet, ever since we took the lead over them.

Nash13
02-12-2004, 09:50 PM
They always have double teams on him.

They totally did not double up on him when Bradley was in, they had no reason too. And if Yao was so good of a center, then he could/should play even against the zone.

Dallas always reverts back to the gimmicky zone.

Houston fans have ZERO business talking about our defense. They can talk about our lack of it, but there team is the only one who can't beat the zone. And analysts talk about the zone not working in the playoffs, it can work against the Rockets.

Explain this to me, if Dallas is that bad of a defensive team, how did they hold the Rockets to under 90 points(86 to be exact).

NYCdog
02-12-2004, 11:10 PM
Two observations from afar........

NYCdog, I meant the team can't reach us as in it hasn't as of yet, ever since we took the lead over them.

Bernardos70...........I know that is what you meant. But still, this is the NBA and ANY team can "reach" ANY team.......

I mean hell, the lowly Hawks reached........and passed your team up the other night. So if they can, why cant the Rockets or any other team for that matter.

Once again, dont take your team for granted at any time.........

One more thing............What on earth do you mean by "ever since we took the lead over them," line? What, are they playing each other right now? Last I checked, the Mavs dont play the Rockets until Feb 21.

Explain this to me, if Dallas is that bad of a defensive team, how did they hold the Rockets to under 90 points(86 to be exact).

Here, let me explain this one.......

Its obvious you probably havent seen this Rocket team in action alot (I have, I watch everyone with LP)........or else you would have known there NOT a scoring machine. And hell, for that matter, NO Van Gundy team in his ENTIRE COACHING HISTORY has been known for being a "high scoring" ballclub. In fact, out of the 52 times the Rockets have played this season, they have only reached or passed the 90 point mark 15 TIMES!

So the Mavs and there "zone" defense they employ didnt make a defensive statement against the Rockets. You want defensive statement........Detroit holds these Rockets to 66 points in a game. Holding them under 90 points is NO BIG DEAL cause they cant seem to reach the damn mark anyways........

stevie_franchise3
02-12-2004, 11:52 PM
NYC, I am so glad you cleared up Nash13 because he obviously doesn't watch the Rockets.

How does Dallas hold Houston to 86? Well that is pretty much what Houston averages. So Dallas didnt hold anybody to anything. And this Houston fan can talk noise about defense because not only are we leaders in opponents points scored but we also lead the league in opponent defense for which is a true measure of how good a team is defenisively.

Shaq Attack2
02-13-2004, 12:12 AM
.........Rockets still suck ass.

mavsfanforever
02-13-2004, 01:04 AM
NYC, I am so glad you cleared up Nash13 because he obviously doesn't watch the Rockets.

How does Dallas hold Houston to 86? Well that is pretty much what Houston averages. So Dallas didnt hold anybody to anything. And this Houston fan can talk noise about defense because not only are we leaders in opponents points scored but we also lead the league in opponent defense for which is a true measure of how good a team is defenisively.

Opposing teams average almost 100 or probably 100+ against dallas' defense. Rockets couldn't even do that.

NYCdog
02-13-2004, 11:56 AM
opposing teams average almost 100 or probably 100+ against dallas' defense. Rockets couldn't even do that

Fellas, Do the DAMN RESEARCH PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Rockets have hit the 100 point mark only 6 times in the 52 games they have played. And against the mighty *sarcasm* Eastern Conference, they've hit the 100 point mark only 2 times. So does this mean all of the Eastern Conference teams have the best defenses in the league?

C'mon, were not talking about the Sacto Kings offense here........were talkin Rockets. These Rockets probably couldnt score 100 on LeBron's Saint Vincent's/Saint Mary's high school team, much less an NBDL team. So therefore, the Mavs defense did absolutely nothing against the hapless Rockets offense. Just the mere fact they managed to score 86 points on the Mavs defense is a victory for the Rockets.

And Shaq Attack 2..............I wouldnt be talkin if I were you right now.

Those suckass Rockets tapped dat' "Future Hall of Famer" squad's ass for 102 points. How on earth did they allow that to happen? And as Bob Ryan on "Around the Horn" put it ever so kindly......"Yao defecated on Shaq's head!"

Nash13
02-13-2004, 06:09 PM
The Houston Rockets have hit the 100 point mark only 6 times in the 52 games they have played.

Our DAMN research is out in front of us. It doesn't matter how many times they've reached 100 points, Dallas gives up 99.9ppg. There have been other low scoring teams that have reached 100 points against Dallas.

So therefore, the Mavs defense did absolutely nothing against the hapless Rockets offense.

We did a good job defensively last year on them before they became strickly defense. That wasn't the first time Dallas held them to around 86 points.

And this Houston fan can talk noise about defense because not only are we leaders in opponents points scored but we also lead the league in opponent defense for which is a true measure of how good a team is defenisively.

If your team is so good defensively, how come they're 7th instead of 1st?

Indiana is known for good defense, and they're 1st in their conference. Don't give me that crap about them being in the East, because they've beaten Dal/LA/SAC/SAS, all teams that are ranked in front of Houston.

And NYCdog, you admitted earlier that the lowly Atlanta Hawks surpassed us. If they can score 100 against Dallas, why can't Houston.

Simon2
02-13-2004, 06:24 PM
Could Yao be this generations Kareem? Chamberlain did admit that even in his dominance, he needed help to guard only one player. That was Lew Alcindor (sp?) In the same light, if Shaq is this generations Wilt, could Yao be this generations Kareem? It was fun seeing Shaq being manhandled. heehee

stevie_franchise3
02-14-2004, 01:53 AM
[i]Originally posted by: Nash13[/i
If your team is so good defensively, how come they're 7th instead of 1st?

And NYCdog, you admitted earlier that the lowly Atlanta Hawks surpassed us. If they can score 100 against Dallas, why can't Houston.

Because if you knew anything about basketball or could even spell it, you would know the Rockets offense sucks. Its also the type of offense that is run, too. We have the 2nd or 3rd worst scoring offense in the league. So Dallas aint holding the Rockets unless they hold the Rockets under 70 or 80 points which we all know that Hell would freeze over before that would happen with the current team.

Also we are tied for 6th. And if we were in the east we probably be in 1st place. We are 18-6 against the East.

mavsfanforever
02-14-2004, 08:36 AM
stevie_franchise refrain from using words like this with Nash13 or for that matter anybody

Because if you knew anything about basketball or could even spell it

you seem to have no point yourself. You are trying to hang on to what NYCdog says. You screwed this thread and made it into Rockets vs entire league thread. This was supposed to be Yao playing well against Shaq. It was very good to see someone calling the ball against Shaq being aggressive.

Rockets have improved from where they were last season but they are not close to be called in the elite teams. They probably have a good chance in the coming years and it all depends on how Yao develops. We have seen enough of what your guards are capable of by looking at the losing seasons before Yao came. Infact, didn't you guys have the first pick last season. That tells me how good your team was without Yao.

stevie_franchise3
02-14-2004, 11:36 AM
stevie_franchise refrain from using words like this with Nash13 or for that matter anybody

[quote]

So I guess its ok for this though?

Originally posted by: Max Power

Its funny how you dont comment on this stuff.

you seem to have no point yourself. You are trying to hang on to what NYCdog says. You screwed this thread and made it into Rockets vs entire league thread. This was supposed to be Yao playing well against Shaq. It was very good to see someone calling the ball against Shaq being aggressive.

Uh no I didnt. I think you are trying to make it seem like I am turning into a Rockets vs the league thread but that is proposterous. If you go back to my original posts you see I am talking about yao vs Shaq/Lakers. That and how the guards were passing the ball and getting it to Yao. I also talked about why Yao was better against Shaq. No double-team. The only time I get off topic is when someone else does like your buddy Nash13. He was the one that brought Dallas into the equation.

Rockets have improved from where they were last season but they are not close to be called in the elite teams.

Who said they were? Seems like to me you are the one getting off topic here.

They probably have a good chance in the coming years and it all depends on how Yao develops. We have seen enough of what your guards are capable of by looking at the losing seasons before Yao came. Infact, didn't you guys have the first pick last season. That tells me how good your team was without Yao.

No the Cavaliers had the first pick. But if you want to talk about the year before, yes we had the first pick and we got that with a little luck since we should have had the 6th pick. That was also the year Steve was out 25+ games with an ankle injury and the migraine headaches. We were like 2-whatever without him.

Oh and BTW we got Yao last year and we still didnt make the playoffs. Also we have had winning seasons in 2 of the last 4 season with us being out of the playoffs by 1 game.

mavsfanforever
02-14-2004, 12:13 PM

[quote]

So I guess its ok for this though?

Its funny how you dont comment on this stuff.

Uh no I didnt. I think you are trying to make it seem like I am turning into a Rockets vs the league thread but that is proposterous. If you go back to my original posts you see I am talking about yao vs Shaq/Lakers. That and how the guards were passing the ball and getting it to Yao. I also talked about why Yao was better against Shaq. No double-team. The only time I get off topic is when someone else does like your buddy Nash13. He was the one that brought Dallas into the equation.

Rockets have improved from where they were last season but they are not close to be called in the elite teams.

Who said they were? Seems like to me you are the one getting off topic here.

They probably have a good chance in the coming years and it all depends on how Yao develops. We have seen enough of what your guards are capable of by looking at the losing seasons before Yao came. Infact, didn't you guys have the first pick last season. That tells me how good your team was without Yao.

No the Cavaliers had the first pick. But if you want to talk about the year before, yes we had the first pick and we got that with a little luck since we should have had the 6th pick. That was also the year Steve was out 25+ games with an ankle injury and the migraine headaches. We were like 2-whatever without him.

Oh and BTW we got Yao last year and we still didnt make the playoffs. Also we have had winning seasons in 2 of the last 4 season with us being out of the playoffs by 1 game.

You deserve to be treated the way everybody treats you. The whole world knows cavaliers had the first pick. I was obviously talking about the season when you got Yao. Steve Frances was out 25+ games and thats why Rockets were poor? Correct your stats , steve francis never played a playoff game whether he was healthy or not. So, him being not healthy just made the rockets worse than they were. I was trying to make a point across and you are showing me posts of MAx Power who will answer your posts himself.

What do you mean by - WE WERE LIKE 2 - WHATEVER WITHOUT HIM.

The sentence above does not make any sense. If you have a fact do post here. If you wanna troll and call people that they do not know how to spell basketball, then go fvck yourself . Noone likes you here and I do not know why you are still being tolerated here.

WayOutWest
02-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by: Simon2
Could Yao be this generations Kareem? Chamberlain did admit that even in his dominance, he needed help to guard only one player. That was Lew Alcindor (sp?) In the same light, if Shaq is this generations Wilt, could Yao be this generations Kareem? It was fun seeing Shaq being manhandled. heehee

TD is Shaq's Kareem.
Mouring was Shaq's Bill Russell (without the titles).

WayOutWest
02-14-2004, 12:25 PM
double post

mavsfanforever
02-14-2004, 12:30 PM

Originally posted by: Simon2

TD is Shaq's Kareem.
Mouring was Shaq's Bill Russell (without the titles).

Wayoutwest, I think I admit that although mavs won 2 games against lakers, 2 against Spurs and 2 against Kings, that mavs still have a long ways to go before being called better than any of the teams above. I do think lakers being not healthy is the prime reason for their recent losses. Obviously, stevie_franchise does not realize that. Now he is saying Yao is better than Shaq. Yes, yao was dominant the game in which rockets beat lakers but that is just one game. Healthy lakers will still be very tough to beat in a 7game playoff series. All their players have immense playoff experience and a coach who has 9 rings.

stevie_franchise3
02-14-2004, 12:34 PM
First of all if you dont like me then dont respond. Just ignore my posts.

I do that for the people that call me a troll, a moron, and just plain talk bad about me like dude1394 does. I never add fuel to the fire and respond to trash posts he does.

I admit I may have stepped over my boundaries with my "spell b-ball" comment but I challenge you to find any other of my 196 posts that have personally attacked anyone even after being coerced into doing so. If you are going to attack me on how I treat someone then you need to be consistent. Dont tell some to go and f*** themselves and when you see someone else doing personally attacking someone then address it.

My posts are in general defending my Rox or just plain general NBA talk. That is why I have been tolerated. I havent been breaking any rules.

mavsfanforever
02-14-2004, 12:40 PM
This thread is going nowhere. It has been screwed.

stevie_franchise3
02-14-2004, 12:49 PM

Wayoutwest, I think I admit that although mavs won 2 games against lakers, 2 against Spurs and 2 against Kings, that mavs still have a long ways to go before being called better than any of the teams above. I do think lakers being not healthy is the prime reason for their recent losses. Obviously, stevie_franchise does not realize that. Now he is saying Yao is better than Shaq. Yes, yao was dominant the game in which rockets beat lakers but that is just one game. Healthy lakers will still be very tough to beat in a 7game playoff series. All their players have immense playoff experience and a coach who has 9 rings.

There you go, calling out my name again and I am not even in the conversation.

You are also quoting me wrong. Where in any of my posts have I said that Yao was better than Shaq? What I have said is that the reason why Yao did so well against Shaq was because there was no double team on Yao and teams dont double team him or play a zone the same results will happen. I have also pointed out where Yao doesnt do well, against athletic and long players.

Again I challenge you to show me where I said Yao was better than Shaq. You wont be able to find that post.

And yes I do realize the Lakers are shorthanded right now as they were in your wins against them, as Sacramento was in your wins against them, as was S.A. in one of your wins against them. But I do realize that we match up against L.A. probably better than any other team(other than S.A/SAC) even with a healthy Malone. For one we have someone to go against Shaq and we have guards that can keep Payton and Kobe honest as well. We also can give L.A a steady dose of the pick n roll for which they dont defend well.

stevie_franchise3
02-14-2004, 12:52 PM
This thread is going nowhere. It has been screwed.

And you played a major part in doing so!

mavsfanforever
02-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Your challenge to me as to when you said Yao was better than Shaq;

here you go,

As I said this thread is screwed for any reason whatsoever. Doeble team or no double team, Lakers never did double team Yao ever, which is why this thread was started in the first place. It was nice to see yao playing well against Shaq.

Do not screw this thread anymore.

stevie_franchise3
02-14-2004, 01:08 PM
Your challenge to me as to when you said Yao was better than Shaq;

here you go,

As I said this thread is screwed for any reason whatsoever. Doeble team or no double team, Lakers never did double team Yao ever, which is why this thread was started in the first place. It was nice to see yao playing well against Shaq.

Do not screw this thread anymore.

I said "better against Shaq" not "better than Shaq". There is a difference.

He plays better against Shaq because there was no double team. We(the Rockets) helped Yao in defending Shaq because we double and tripled team Shaq which is what every team should do.

And yes the Lakers never double teamed Yao which was exactly my point on why Yao was better against Shaq not better than Shaq which is why this thread was started and it was nice to see Yao playing well against Shaq.

Again the challenge still stands.

You always want to try and spin me off as a troll by putting words into my mouth. Believe me if I say something troll like consistently I wont be around on this board for long. This I know for sure.

And because I havent is probably why I am still around.

mavsfanforever
02-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Thats exactly what I am saying:

"You mean Yao will be better than Shaq everytime he is not double teamed".

Thats what your post means for anyone. And that is not true for non rocket homers.

kg_veteran
02-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Stevie - Two things. First, if you can't disagree without attacking someone, don't post. Telling people they don't know how to spell? You're gonna get a vacation if I see that kind of crap again. Second, stop hijacking threads. This thread was supposed to be about Yao vs. Shaq the other night, NOT about how terrible the Rockets offense is. In fact, we really don't need a thread about how terrible the Rockets offense is; that's pretty obvious.

One other thing: Don't bother responding and telling me how mean everybody is to you. You don't have a sympathetic audience.

P.S. You probably oughtta go ahead and start saving up to pay off on our bet...

NYCdog
02-14-2004, 05:23 PM
And please note this.................This is coming from a NON-Rocket fan...........

I know I will take some flack for this, but I felt it needed to be said from someone other then Steve_Franchise3 in order for it to be heard in his defense.

And for those inquiring minds..........NO I am not him. I am just a fellow poster who sees this from his point of view.

You don't have a sympathetic audience.

Yes he does.

Its Lil ole' me...........

When Steve_Franchise3 made this comment to kick things off..........

He brought up a logical point to start.......his team's usually selfish guards improved there play on this night against the Lakers by passing the rock. And this partly helped Yao succeed against Shaq. For if Yao does not have the ball, he cant have opportunities to succeed. He was right, Yao wasnít the only one killing the Lakers that night. It was a total team effort.....and I for one enjoyed seeing the Lakers in all there misery. And he brought it up. And then he started getting trashed for his comments like it always happens........He's just defending his team every time someone talks smack about them. And his defense should be expected.......not condoned. Any fan will defend their favorite team no matter what. I do it all the time. Alot of you do it all the time here on this very board when Kings fans decides to join the discussion. This is a fan board......not just for Mavs fans, but for ALL fans, isnít it? So you cant come down on the guy for that. That to me aint right.....

I will admit, Steve_Franchise3 was wrong for insulting someone's intelligence.........but so was Max Power in the same breath for the "Stevie_Moron" comment. And I didnít see anyone calling Max Power out for it either.

I donít think he is hi-jacking this thread. And if it is viewed that he did for defending his team instead of talking Yao (which is on his team).........then I will take the blame..........I partly hi-jacked this thread too for posting truthfull facts on the Rockets pathetic offense and giving fans something else to talk about then the topic itself, Yao's performance in 1 little ole' regular season game.

To me, this thread hasnít been hi-jacked at all..........its just gotten more interesting and gives us fans something more to debate about then Yao's performance in 1 little ole' regular season game. I donít think any of us wants to reminisce about Yao's performance on Wednesday, which by now is so old news..........so let the argument live on in good spirit and fun.

So in honor of this........Nash13, Touché
http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/Other/229031_duel.GIF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So therefore, the Mavs defense did absolutely nothing against the hapless Rockets offense.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We did a good job defensively last year on them before they became strickly defense. That wasn't the first time Dallas held them to around 86 points.

Ohh.........You held them to 86 points. Fabulous.

But if you want defensive success.......Detroit holds these same Rockets you played........to 66 points in a game. San Antonio holds them to 67 points in a game.

That's defense folks. Holding a team to 86 points in a game is no real achievement for any team........and it SHOULDNT be considered an achievement either. Or else, your Mavs have bigger problems then I thought.

Simple, just once again look at the Rockets pathetic attempt at an NBA offense. Having two shooting guards start but no point guard to run the offense. Having the better of the two shooting guards play out of position at the point and making him responsible for sharing the ball. Playing ISO-ball when you have Yao Ming's presence down low. Players just standing standing around while Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley dribble the clock away trying to look like the Harlem freakin Globetrotters, which they arent even close too anyways. No passing in the offense, no movement in the offense, as Bill Walton always says "No fluid motion" in the offense. I can go on and on............simply the worst organized offense in this league's history. And its not Jeff Van Gundy's fault either. He unfortunately has to work with what he inherited when he took the job.

Here is how bad there offense is.

I challenge you to poll every fan of the Rockets opponent for every game day.........ask them this....

"Do you think the Rockets will score 100 points on your team tonight?"

99.9% of them should say "NO"..........unless if they have been hanging out with Rasheed Wallace and his friend Mary Jane. Hell, ask them if the Rockets will atleast score 90 on there team? You know what the answer will be. Then look at the final score.........I'm sure all those who said 'NO' will look like NBA geniuses in the end.

In fact, let me start it right now..............

On Feb 21, when the Rockets play the Mavs at AAC.........How many of you think the Rockets will score 90 or even 100 points or more against the Mavs?

And will it be due to either

A..........The Mavs incredible defense or
B..........The Rockets incredibly pathetic offense.

Hopefully now you will get a true understanding at just how bad the Rocket offense really is.

stevie_franchise3
02-14-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Stevie - Two things. First, if you can't disagree without attacking someone, don't post. Telling people they don't know how to spell? You're gonna get a vacation if I see that kind of crap again. Second, stop hijacking threads. This thread was supposed to be about Yao vs. Shaq the other night, NOT about how terrible the Rockets offense is. In fact, we really don't need a thread about how terrible the Rockets offense is; that's pretty obvious.

One other thing: Don't bother responding and telling me how mean everybody is to you. You don't have a sympathetic audience.

KG-veteran

1st - I admitted in an earlier post that I was wrong in telling someone they didnt know how to spell. The only thing I didnt do was apologize, so right here right now, I apologize for that. That was the first and only time I have done that. But at the same time the same thing can be done to me over and over but nothing is said. If that is the way its gonna be then fine, say that. That way I kniow what I am dealing with. Sure its a Mavs board and this site will be more partial to a Mavs fan but I would at least think it could be fair and consistent on both sides. Since it seems like I supposedly dont do anything but hijack threads in this forum, if you havent noticed I only post in the AROUND THE NBA forum now. Lord forbid if I say anything to the contrary concerning the Mavs in the GENERAL MAVS DISCUSSION forum, so I stay away from it other than the prediction thread.

Second - Please break down my posts and show me where I have hijacked any thread. I really do want to understand why you say I hijack threads. Because you say I try to hijack thread I am very cautious about the things I say and try not give you or anyone else the reason to say that. Its so easy to just say that I hijack them if you only read a couple of posts in the thread, but do you actually go back and read the entire thread? I would think you have a change of mind when you do that.

Third - I am not asking for a sympathetic audience especially since this is a Mavs forum, just a fair one. Especially a fair moderator. Sure I am homer as well as any Dallas fan here but I can be objective in my posts as well. I don't think my Rox are the best thing since sliced bread. I talk about their faults as well as their strengths. I know our offense sucks but I also know our defense is good though. We don't need a thread about how poor the offense for Rockets is just as much as we dont need one about how poor the defense for the Mavs is.

Lastly, if I lose my bet then I have no problem in paying, but we still have 30 games left and only 3 games behind your Mavs. The month of March is going to be brutal for you guys and that is where I think we will make up ground. We can also make up those 3 games on the last 3 games that we play you guys. Our rough part of the schedule will be in April. BTW do I get the tie should we have the same record?

Oh yeah here are some more posts from the past where I am personally attacked. Of course I didnt respond to any of them since all what would happen is that I would be kicked out.

q]Originally posted by: mavsfanforever

Oh and the real world, if you know your stuff and a valuable piece of an organization, things like this can be and are overlooked.

I have also seen things overlooked by those in the 'good ole boy' system as well so dont try to say it doesnt happen in the "real world" because it does. I work for a Fortune 100 company and I have seen it personally.

Shutup b!tch.[/quote]

stevie_franchise3 - how dumb are you?

i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Did you REALLY expect anyone to say anything different? You have to be the dumbest troll that has infested this board in a long time.

mavsman just made stevie look like a goofball.

Originally posted by: MightyToine
We are currently 3RD IN THE ENTIRE WESTERN CIVILIZ...oh wait! I mean WESTERN CONFERENCE!! (had a bill walton flashback there.... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Not anymore.

20 point lead?

You are such a little prick. You should get on your knees and thank dj for the board allowing assholes like you. Of course you probably do your best work on your knees.

stevie_franchise3
02-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Thanks NYC for your objective post!

Max Power
02-14-2004, 07:45 PM
stevie_franchise3 - my biggest complaint with you is that you have no credibility. You seem to think we should take your opinions seriously when you have demonstrated ZERO knowledge of basketball beyond the Rockets. Since all you know is Rockets basketball then you should post at a Rockets site. And that's not a knock on you, MOST of the posters here only know Mavs basketball and should never post anywhere else either.

WayOutWest is tolerated here (at worst - some posters actually like him) because he knows basketball. So he has built up credibility. He talks about many subjects which have nothing to do with the Lakers and thus his input is appreciated. You, however, only talk about the Rockets and/or slam the Mavs every chance you get. You slam the Mavs - I slam YOU. It doesn't get any simplier than that.

stevie_franchise3
02-14-2004, 09:25 PM
stevie_franchise3 - my biggest complaint with you is that you have no credibility. You seem to think we should take your opinions seriously when you have demonstrated ZERO knowledge of basketball beyond the Rockets. Since all you know is Rockets basketball then you should post at a Rockets site. And that's not a knock on you, MOST of the posters here only know Mavs basketball and should never post anywhere else either.

WayOutWest is tolerated here (at worst - some posters actually like him) because he knows basketball. So he has built up credibility. He talks about many subjects which have nothing to do with the Lakers and thus his input is appreciated. You, however, only talk about the Rockets and/or slam the Mavs every chance you get. You slam the Mavs - I slam YOU. It doesn't get any simplier than that.

Believe me I know basketball and it isnt all about the Rockets. You failed to mention also how I dont always present my Rockets in the greatest light either. I also rag them as well and talk about their shortcomings. I admit alot of the times I am defending my Rockets so it seems as if that is what I always talk about but there are alot of times where I am not talking about my rockets and I am making a point about something else and I automatically get slammed just because of my username.

And as I stated before I pretty much only post in the NBA forum now since it isnt all Mavs basketball and since most people get offended when say something that is opposite of what most Mavs think. So this should be the best place to talk about basketball and not just the Mavs.

Max Power
02-14-2004, 09:34 PM
Believe me I know basketball and it isnt all about the Rockets.

Don't TELL us, SHOW us. Geez... You really don't get it, do you?

And when you make a response to a statement like "We are currently 3RD IN THE... WESTERN CONFERENCE!!" and say things like this:

Not anymore.

20 point lead?

I will slam you EVERY time. I will defend our site against trolls like you every day. This site IS dallas-mavs.com, not post_anything_you_want.com so make sure you are on your best behavior.

mavsfanforever
02-14-2004, 11:29 PM

Originally posted by: kg_veteran

KG-veteran

1st - I admitted in an earlier post that I was wrong in telling someone they didnt know how to spell. The only thing I didnt do was apologize, so right here right now, I apologize for that. That was the first and only time I have done that. But at the same time the same thing can be done to me over and over but nothing is said. If that is the way its gonna be then fine, say that. That way I kniow what I am dealing with. Sure its a Mavs board and this site will be more partial to a Mavs fan but I would at least think it could be fair and consistent on both sides. Since it seems like I supposedly dont do anything but hijack threads in this forum, if you havent noticed I only post in the AROUND THE NBA forum now. Lord forbid if I say anything to the contrary concerning the Mavs in the GENERAL MAVS DISCUSSION forum, so I stay away from it other than the prediction thread.

Second - Please break down my posts and show me where I have hijacked any thread. I really do want to understand why you say I hijack threads. Because you say I try to hijack thread I am very cautious about the things I say and try not give you or anyone else the reason to say that. Its so easy to just say that I hijack them if you only read a couple of posts in the thread, but do you actually go back and read the entire thread? I would think you have a change of mind when you do that.

Third - I am not asking for a sympathetic audience especially since this is a Mavs forum, just a fair one. Especially a fair moderator. Sure I am homer as well as any Dallas fan here but I can be objective in my posts as well. I don't think my Rox are the best thing since sliced bread. I talk about their faults as well as their strengths. I know our offense sucks but I also know our defense is good though. We don't need a thread about how poor the offense for Rockets is just as much as we dont need one about how poor the defense for the Mavs is.

Lastly, if I lose my bet then I have no problem in paying, but we still have 30 games left and only 3 games behind your Mavs. The month of March is going to be brutal for you guys and that is where I think we will make up ground. We can also make up those 3 games on the last 3 games that we play you guys. Our rough part of the schedule will be in April. BTW do I get the tie should we have the same record?

Oh yeah here are some more posts from the past where I am personally attacked. Of course I didnt respond to any of them since all what would happen is that I would be kicked out.

q]Originally posted by: mavsfanforever

Oh and the real world, if you know your stuff and a valuable piece of an organization, things like this can be and are overlooked.

I have also seen things overlooked by those in the 'good ole boy' system as well so dont try to say it doesnt happen in the "real world" because it does. I work for a Fortune 100 company and I have seen it personally.

Shutup b!tch.

stevie_franchise3 - how dumb are you?

i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Did you REALLY expect anyone to say anything different? You have to be the dumbest troll that has infested this board in a long time.

mavsman just made stevie look like a goofball.

Originally posted by: MightyToine
We are currently 3RD IN THE ENTIRE WESTERN CIVILIZ...oh wait! I mean WESTERN CONFERENCE!! (had a bill walton flashback there.... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Not anymore.

20 point lead?

You are such a little prick. You should get on your knees and thank dj for the board allowing assholes like you. Of course you probably do your best work on your knees.[/quote]

Some people call this , " DEATH WISH".

NYCdog
02-15-2004, 02:22 PM
I will defend our site against trolls like you every day. This site IS dallas-mavs.com, not post_anything_you_want.com so make sure you are on your best behavior.

Max Power.........and other like you.

So watcha tryin to say son.........if your not a Mav fan, your not welcome here? And you will be the almighty protector standing at the gates, ready to defend Dallas-Mavs.com from the opinion of non-Maverick fans, whether the opinion is correct or not. How very homer-ish of you..........

I'm not sure you know this but.............you do know there are posters here on this site who are not from the city of Dallas, right? And you do know that not every poster on this board is a Maverick fan, right?

My whole point is......when I see senseless garbage like what you have posted, I not only view this as an attack on Steve_Franchise3 but rather as an attack on myself and every other NBA fan on this board who happens to be a fan of another team instead of the Mavericks.

And I know what you and some of your buddies will probably say in your rather weak and lame defense.......

"So why do you even post on a Maverick forum then? Your not a Mav fan so why are you even here?"

That's what some of you guys always squeal when stuff like this happens.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe we like posting here and we like some of the people that post here too. Believe it or not, I think there are some nice people here. And what about this...........that maybe we like seeing other points of view from fans around the nation and not just from fans in our own back yard? That's why shows like "PTI" and "Around the Horn" have had success. They provide the viewer with objective opinions from people in other parts of the nation. And alot of us sports fans like hearing what other people around the nation have to say about our favorite teams. Point is..........this is probably why posters like Steve_Franchise3, Shaq Attack 2, and myself are all here posting.

So I have a suggestion for you and some other wise guys here.................

1...................Grow up. Technically to some extent, this is post_anything_you_want.com. That's what ALL basketball forums are, whether you like it or not. Basketball forums are a place where any basketball fan of ANY TEAM can post there opinion. That means this is a place where Steve_Franchise3 (Rocket fan), myself (Knick, Bklyn Nets fan), Shaq Attack 2 (Laker fan), and all other fans of other teams can post freely on this board whenever they want. So if you call Steve_Franchise3 a troll, you call ME and all other NBA fans trolls. Then I will show you the true face of a troll.........look in the mirror, son.

2..................If you donít like or cant respect the objective opinion of other Non-Maverick basketball fans, then keep your pathetic carcasses in the "General Mavs Disscussion" forum where you can voice your homer-istic opinions and not have to worry about offending any of us cause we wont be there....... and donít post on the "Around the NBA" forum, cause that is where we "NBA fans" will all be posting OUR opinions, whether you like them or not.

kg_veteran
02-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Stevie - I told you how you hijacked this thread. Yao vs. Shaq somehow turned into a discussion of how bad the Rockets offense is and how bad the Mavs defense is. But let's talk about the bigger picture here...

If you have complaints about how somebody's treating you, send me or another moderator a private message, and we'll look into it. Nothing irks me more than people bringing up the way they've been "treated unfairly in the past by others" when I get on to them for something they're doing. That goes for you and for everybody on the board. It just sounds like a kid on the playground saying, "He hit me first!" I know we have posters of varying ages on this board, but everybody here is old enough to be responsible for their own actions. There's been A LOT of sniping back and forth lately between various posters on this board, and I'm getting tired of it. I totally understand a "vigorous basketball debate"; I haven't had many recently, but I've been known for them in the past. I just don't see any reason for that to devolve into people calling each other names and taking cheap, personal shots at one another. If you want to do that stuff, take it to PM and keep the "public" threads on topic.

(NOTE: The above paragraph goes for everybody, not just Stevie.)

Going forward, I think you definitely CAN contribute to this board if you choose to do so. You seem to like it here, and I think you have something worthwhile to say. But you do have to earn credibility. WayOutWest, ShaqAttack, and other fans of other teams have done it, and I think you can too.

PM me if you have any questions so that we can keep this thread on topic.

Max Power
02-15-2004, 03:35 PM
edit

kg_veteran
02-15-2004, 03:47 PM
If you guys want to discuss the interpersonal issues any further, take it to PMs.

Nash13
02-15-2004, 06:55 PM

He can kill an Orlando, but get completely shut out by the Miami Heat. Face it, Yao Ming is a streaky player. He can get the better of Shaq on any given night, but Ginobli could get the better of Mcgrady on a given night, but they statistically can't continue to get the better of somebody

This was my first post in this thread. I did not once talk about how Dallas shut down Houston. I talked about double teams, and Stevie3 made it into a Houston v. the world thread.

The reason i LATER talked about Dallas shuting down Houston was because Steve3 said how Dallas always reverts to the gimmicky zone, so i said how the zone held them to 86 points. So if you want to get technical, Stevie3 brought it on himself.

NYC, here's my point to you:

I see your point of how they only scored 100 six times, but there is a reason Dallas' opponents score 100ppg and average .444% from the field. Dallas has played every low scoring team in the league, and all of them can have good offensive games.