PDA

View Full Version : Hinrich

Speedy
02-12-2004, 11:33 PM
In tonight's win over Boston : 7-11 fg 6-8 3pt 3-3 ft 14 as 2 stl 23 pts

This guy reminds me more of Nash than any young pg out there. Talk about an efficient line, 23 pts on 11 shots with 14 as? geez

I was suprised Chicago took him over Ford in the draft. Now I see why. Just hope the mavs are lucky enough to find a rookie pg like this when it comes time to replace Steve.

Jamisonite
02-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Hes nothing like Nash...if you want to compare him to a PG in the league id go with Kidd

Hinrich plays D like Kidd...doesnt shoot much like Kidd...and can dish the ball like him

Speedy
02-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Jamisonite, my comparison to Nash was based more on his shooting and movement. In comparison to Kidd, Kurt's D is good, but not Jason Kidd good. Plus he's not near the rebounder.

Imo, he's more Nash with D than Kidd with shooting. But I can see your point.

madape
02-13-2004, 09:47 AM
When Hinrich starts grabbing 7 boards a game, I'll compare him to Kidd.

bernardos70
02-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by: Jamisonite
Hes nothing like Nash...if you want to compare him to a PG in the league id go with Kidd

Hinrich plays D like Kidd...doesnt shoot much like Kidd...and can dish the ball like him

he doesn't shoot like kidd though (that would be "horribly"). His three pointer looks great, he can really shoot it well.

Jamisonite
02-13-2004, 10:34 AM
I mean hes selective with his shots much like kid is...but hinrich isnt near as reckless as nash...he doesnt attack the way nash does...and that is what separates nash from the rest of the pgs in this leage

Speedy
02-13-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by: Jamisonite
I mean hes selective with his shots much like kid is...but hinrich isnt near as reckless as nash...he doesnt attack the way nash does...and that is what separates nash from the rest of the pgs in this leage

I think that's more of a product of Chicago's offense and their players rather than Kurt's abilities. They have a legit post scorer in Curry, a driver/slasher in Crawford, and not alot of good shooters.

Whereas Nash has to drive and create for Dirk and Mike (who don't go to the basket as often as they should beit their fault or the coach's) to set them up for the jumper. Plus the lack of a post scoring center who he could dump the ball off to and let them go to work.

doggnutz
02-13-2004, 12:02 PM
I'm with speedy, he's not Nash but the type of point guard he is put you in the mind frame as a Steve Nash.

Big Boy Laroux
02-13-2004, 02:19 PM
not to be picky, but it's "Kirk"

Speedy
02-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
not to be picky, but it's "Kirk"

i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif You would think if I was bragging on a player I would at least know how to spell his name. Thanks BBL.