PDA

View Full Version : Boo Hoo- Someone wins the slam dunk championship

mavsfanforever
02-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Who cares? It sucked. Last season I thought that this competition was back but it sucks that this was an anti-climax this year.

ocelot_ark
02-14-2004, 10:50 PM
I don't like how you get penalized for trying an outrageous dunk.

mavsfanforever
02-14-2004, 10:55 PM
ocelot I really thought that this competition was back after the dunk Jason Rich did last season. However, I think ouir expectations were too high this time. I do think that guys like Kobe, Vince should get involved in this like Jordan used to do to make this one more interesting.

ReDIRKulous
02-14-2004, 10:58 PM
People don't even know how to judge dunks though... I still think the simpler dunks are better... liike any of Jordan's dunks are better than these dunks where they bounce the ball off the backboard or whatever.

I am glad in a way that Peja lost because his air of shooting superiority is getting to be a bit much... especially considering that Nash shot a better percentage in the playoffs last season.

MavsFanFinley
02-14-2004, 11:06 PM
I was rooting for Richardson, but he couldn't pull it off. He wasn't a happy camper either after losing. I thought the judges were a little harsh in judging Andersen.

How do they decide what an attempt is? Richardson kept getting another try, but I thought they cut Jones off.

This has been the most disappointing all-star I can remember in years past. First, the rookie game was an embarrassment, and now the dunk contest falls flat.

mary
02-14-2004, 11:31 PM
I'm all dunked out. Please no more.

Props to Richarson for trying the 360-under-the-leg.

Edited to add: If tomorrow's game turns into a dunk fest I'm going to burn my television set in effigy.

ReDIRKulous
02-14-2004, 11:38 PM
Anderson's first dunk appeared to be the best one in the whole compeitition... it was a shame his second one was so boring... I thought he deserved to go further.

Jones didn't get to keep trying it because the ball went throught the rim... he scored. Where as when Richardson kept missing it was before the ball went through the rim for a score.

This has been weak so far... I did love seeing Jho play in the game though. HE had a great showing... even though some morons think he can't play defense now.

I have a really good feeling about Dirk in the All-star game. He has been on fire lately... and I think he should feel like he belongs more now... and I think he will be more assertive with Nash not there for some strange reason. Come on Dirk! Show em what you got!

bernardos70
02-15-2004, 12:05 AM
What a sorry dunk contest. This year was easily one of the worst ever. I was hoping richardson could have pulled off the 360+between the legs, that would have easily won the contest. He didn't and.......... it just plain sucked. I'm surprised Anderson was judged the way he was. I thought his first dunk was great, definitely better than Richardson's.

02-15-2004, 01:27 PM
i thought JRich's off-the-backboard- between- the legs was pretty amazing, but maybe that's just me.

Overall though, the dunk contest sucked

MightyToine
02-15-2004, 04:29 PM
How funny would it be to see WALKER in the dunk contest?? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

At least his antics would make this contest LESS BORING than it ultimately was, you know....

mary
02-15-2004, 11:41 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040215/capt.las12002150453.all_star_slam_dunk_las120.jpg

Dirkenstien
02-16-2004, 03:36 AM
Lebron would have really made this contest interesting...its a shame he decided not to go through with competing.

Big Boy Laroux
02-16-2004, 11:31 AM
42 on anderson's first dunk? ridiculous.

50 on jones' first dunk? also ridiculous.

now, jones' dunk in the finals was awesome. as was jrich's between the legs off the backboard.