PDA

View Full Version : Thomas to Jettison KVH--Who didn't see this coming?

MavKikiNYC
02-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Sunday, February 15, 2004

ESPN.com news services
The New York Knicks have completed a three-way trade involving the Milwaukee Bucks and Atlanta Hawks, ESPN's Stephen Smith reports.

Atlanta center Nazr Mohammed and Bucks forward Tim Thomas will go to New York and the Knicks will send Keith Van Horn to Milwaukee. Also, New York's Michael Doleac and Bucks center Joel Przybilla will head to Atlanta as part of the deal.

The deal is expected to be announced later Sunday.

With the two deals, Thomas continues to sever ties with the Scott Layden regime. Layden acquired Van Horn in August in a controversial trade for Latrell Sprewell. Doleac was signed last year as a free agent.

Van Horn is averaging 16.4 points and 7.3 rebounds in 33.5 minutes per game. Thomas is averaging 14.1 points and 4.9 rebounds in 32 minutes.

TheBaron
02-15-2004, 05:34 PM
why couldnt we have been in on this one? I wouldn't have minded picking up KVH, Joel Przybilla or Nazr Mohammed. In other news Thomas is definitely giving away talented white guys like the race is nearing extinction. He might make New York into a tough team some day but he is trading his tradables for cheap- the opposite of what Nellie/Cuban did in acquiring Jamison and Walker (acquiring players with more trade value that arent exactly what they needed)

MightyToine
02-15-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by: TheBaron
why couldnt we have been in on this one? I wouldn't have minded picking up KVH, Joel Przybilla or Nazr Mohammed. In other news Thomas is definitely giving away talented white guys like the race is nearing extinction. He might make New York into a tough team some day but he is trading his tradables for cheap- the opposite of what Nellie/Cuban did in acquiring Jamison and Walker (acquiring players with more trade value that arent exactly what they needed)

Are you kidding me? This team is now Thriving with Jamison and Walker on this team. Yeah..they both have their warts but all in all, they have been more a blessing for this team than a curse. Jamison has his "bad" defense but gives his good offense down low to the team. Walker has his "bad" shooting and questionable decision-making but he gives his "GREAT" Passing and "Very GOOD" Rebounding skills to the team as well as Vocal Leadership in the lockerroom and on the court.

Plus, Cuban acquired Jamison 'cause they weren't going to pay a now-decrepit NVE a huge sum of money just to be a backup to Steve Nash. And also, because of that trade, they were able to snag Walker by trading a guy who is now on the injured list and will NEVER contribute anything to a Championship team...Especially in the LEASTERN CONFERENCE.

Cuban practically got away with HighWay Robbery here in acquiring these two talented individuals and I, for one, am glad 'cause both of these players Deserve a better situation than what they were used to. Dallas = Better Situation.

'nuff said.