PDA

View Full Version : a good oppurtunity...Hawks to Waive Doleac

Jamisonite
02-16-2004, 11:50 AM
George Willis of the New York Post: Are the Atlanta Hawks going to dump the newly-acquired Michael Doleac?

"Sources said the Hawks plan to waive Doleac and if he clears waivers, the Knicks will move to re-sign him. The Nuggets, Jazz and Clippers, however, are reportedly interested in claiming Doleac."

Got that from realgm.com

Simon2
02-16-2004, 12:19 PM
If the Mavs get Doleac, who do they waive?

MikeB
02-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Doleac would never ever get off the pine in Dallas...let the other teams scramble for this spare.

grbh
02-16-2004, 12:29 PM
I guess you waive Stephson, but I don't think it matters because I doubt he clears waivers. He is only making 1.5 MM per year so a team like a Utah or Denver can pick him up for the rest of the season for next to nothing

TheBaron
02-16-2004, 02:43 PM
Doleac is negotiating another contract with the Knicks, ESPN is reporting. I didn't know that was possible but Doleac is supposedly going to be a Knick again.

Nash13
02-16-2004, 03:38 PM
If we can't re-trade for Van Exel, i'm not saying i want to, they shouldn't be able to resign Doleac. I'm surprised Thomas wants him back.

Max Power
02-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by: Nash13
If we can't re-trade for Van Exel, i'm not saying i want to, they shouldn't be able to resign Doleac. I'm surprised Thomas wants him back.

A trade is something that is arranged by clubs and forced on players. If a player is waived they are allowed to sign ANYWHERE they want - including a team that just traded them.

Poindexter Einstein
02-16-2004, 05:59 PM
This has to be utter nonsense. Why would the Hawks waive Doleac and eat a 2-year contract? Why dont they trade him for a conditional draft pick, where the conditions are impossible, to someone that wants him? Sounds like more wishful thinking weirdness from the rag that employs Peter Vecsey.

TheBaron
02-17-2004, 01:51 AM
I thought if they waived him, they wouldnt be paying for him. They probably could get a 2nd rounder for him though. That would be the only real difference if Im right.

Please say Im not 0-2 today.