PDA

View Full Version : Why Ron Artest didn't start

Stew3636
02-17-2004, 09:23 PM
does any one know why al harrington, not artest, started tonight against the hornet. Just saw thought and it made me curious

MavsFanFinley
02-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Pacers' F Artest benched for missing practice

February 17, 2004

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indiana Pacers forward Ron Artest was benched for the start of Tuesday's game against New Orleans for missing a practice on Monday night.

Artest missed the workout because he did not return in time from Sunday night's All-Star game in Los Angeles. He was not on the flight that was originally scheduled for him and had to take a later flight.

Artest said he arrived from Los Angeles on Tuesday morning, but did not say why he missed his earlier flight.

Al Harrington started in his place. Artest entered the game with 5:37 to play in the first quarter.

It is the third time Artest has been benched this season.

Artest was benched for the second half of a game against New Jersey on Dec. 27 for what coach Rick Carlisle called ``conduct detrimental to winning.'' He was also taken out of the starting lineup the following game against Memphis for missing the morning shootaround.

Artest was suspended for 12 games last season for his conduct on the court, but has been a much more mature player during his All-Star first half of the season. He was chosen as a captain, along with Jermaine O'Neal and Reggie Miller, during the All-Star break.

Drbio
02-18-2004, 09:40 AM
MFF is the Queen of article support.

Big Boy Laroux
02-18-2004, 10:04 AM
seems a lot of all-stars missed practice after the break. well, maybe just a few. but still. i'm kind of on the players side a bit on this. i think the coaches should be a bit more lenient in this case.

but as far as artest is concerned, carlisle and o'neal were at the all-star game, too... so maybe i'm completely wrong in my opinion. it would be the first time. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

WayOutWest
02-18-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
seems a lot of all-stars missed practice after the break. well, maybe just a few. but still. i'm kind of on the players side a bit on this. i think the coaches should be a bit more lenient in this case.

but as far as artest is concerned, carlisle and o'neal were at the all-star game, too... so maybe i'm completely wrong in my opinion. it would be the first time. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Shaq missed practice because he was hung over and didn't get punished BUT, Ron-Ron is a different story and so are the Pacers. This is not the first time Carlisie has benched a player for missing practice. Rick is doing an excellent job, his methods should be beyone reproach. Uhhhh....HUH...HUH...HUH, I said roach!