PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see the Piston/Timberwolves game?

u2sarajevo
02-20-2004, 11:35 PM
That was a fun ending, although I would have liked to have seen the Pistons pull it out.

Rasheed was pulled from the game early because of problems with the paperwork for the trade.... is that just a formality, or could the trade be nullified?

mavsfanforever
02-20-2004, 11:43 PM
It was a good game but I have started to admit that Twolves are for real. I heard Kandiman is activated too.

u2sarajevo
02-20-2004, 11:48 PM
Personally... I'm not scared of them yet.

KG and the alien are having unbelievable years... but we still have beaten them twice this year.

Dirkenstien
02-21-2004, 01:15 AM
KG is playing amazingly... the T wolves are without a doubt title competitors this year. Detroit is going to be one hell of a team with Sheed... we may actually have a good NBA finals this year ; )

ddh33
02-21-2004, 01:43 AM
This trade business with Rasheed is rediculous. Who messed that thing up?

At least it sounds like it will be cleared up relatively soon.

mary
02-21-2004, 09:54 AM
There was some disagreement as to whether Larry Brown and the Pistons actually received league approval before playing Rasheed. I find it hard to believe they would intentionally try to "pull a fast one", but who knows.

I watched the end of the game. Detroit got screwed in the end with the no-call on Prince - just like they got screwed last time on the BS offensive foul call on Billups.

If Minnesota happens to meet Detroit in the finals, it will be definitely be interesting.

Drbio
02-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Boston failed to put in the required paperwork. The trade is a done deal, it was just a formality.

Just211
02-21-2004, 09:54 PM
I'm not convinced with Minny simply becuase evertime i watch them, they seem to get all the calls. Lets see what happens playoff time against Sac or LA. They will get no calls. Don't get me wrong, i think they're good, but sometimes it's all in the eyes of the officials. But with the edition of Minny being a serious contender, this years playoffs should be entertaining. And our Mavs will clearly be the huge underdogs.(which i like)

mary
02-23-2004, 04:10 PM
OOPS!

Pistons Fined for Using Ineligible Players

NEW YORK, Feb. 23 - The NBA announced today that the Detroit Pistons have been fined $200,000 for playing two ineligible players during its home game against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Feb. 20.
Detroit traded for the players, Rasheed Wallace and Mike James, in a three-way deal with Boston and Atlanta on Feb. 19.

In accordance with league rules, each team was informed that none of the traded players could play with their new teams until all conditions of the trade had been met, including the signing of certifications by teams, players and agents involved in the deal. The Pistons violated this rule by playing Wallace and James in the first half of the game against the Timberwolves even though the required certifications were not yet signed.

Minnesota won the game, 88-87.

captain_kingsfan
02-24-2004, 12:09 AM
That was a good game, although it would have been better had the Pistons been able to play 'Sheed in the 2nd half. The Pistons might have won.