PDA

View Full Version : Incident at Pacers vs. Wizards game.........guys take note

NYCdog
02-25-2004, 11:03 AM
From ESPN's Game Notes:

The crowd's focus was distracted during the Wizards' third-quarter rally by a bizarre stunt during a timeout. A man disguised in a bank-teller machine costume proposed to a woman, who appeared stunned and embarrassed and immediately ran toward the Wizards' tunnel before a security guard stopped her. She then ran up the stairs among the fans and was booed. The arena's replay screen flashed "She said no!!" The fans were abuzz over the incident for several minutes as play continued.

Guys, if your gonna propose to your honey, atleast make sure she says "YES" so you wont look like a stalker.

And Gal's, if you wanna say "NO" could you atleast pretend to say "YES" at the game and then tell him "NO" when you get home so a brotha' could atleast save face.

Drbio
02-25-2004, 11:07 AM
I saw the replays on FoxSports and ESPN......that was painful. She didn't just say no, she said no and ran off the court. Dayamn!

NYCdog
02-25-2004, 11:13 AM
My question for the guy is..........

"Why on earth did you dress up as a bank teller machine for a proposal?"

"Ever hear of a tuxedo? I hear wearing those things for a proposal get you style points." i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

dirno2000
02-25-2004, 11:13 AM
I'm thinking that was a bit. Why else would they have "she said no" ready to go on the scoreboard? Probably making fun of scoreboard proposals.

NYCdog
02-25-2004, 11:19 AM
With the fancy technology scoreboards and arenas employ now a days, I'm sure it's quite easy to get any message up on the replay board in a matter of seconds.

mary
02-25-2004, 11:20 AM
I hate public proposals - so presumptious.

Any man that insists on turning what should be a private moment into a public spectacle, deserves whatever humiliation comes his way.

Good for her.

Mavs Rule
02-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Yes, there is no way that any man would propose in a ATM costume. It had to be a bit the team was doing. The symbolism is funny but degrading toward the woman. No man who really wants to get married would go about it in that way.

edit: the only other possibility other than a gag where she was playing a part in it, is that it was a practical joke on her by some co-workers who let the mavs in on it so they could put up the "she said no" sign. Talk about cruel LOL. I don't think this possibility is high probability though.

LRB
02-25-2004, 11:37 AM
Maybe the guy was just auditioning for Jerry Springer instead of proposing.

Anyways, most public proposals seem to me more about fueling the guys ego than catering to the woman. I'm sure that's not always the case, but I would bet it's so more times than not.

TripleDipping
02-25-2004, 12:36 PM
Guy dressing up as an ATM? Sounds demeaning to the lady... like he's treating her as a gold digger.

Drbio
02-25-2004, 04:00 PM
I think the ATM thing was a regular contest that they do at games. The guy tricked her into thinking she had won a contest to win some money and then he arranged to be in the ATM costume so he could pop out and pop the question.

Big Boy Laroux
02-25-2004, 04:10 PM
was this in washington? cause i don't remember any contest like that at any pacers games i've been to. but they could have added it recently.

dirno2000
02-25-2004, 04:33 PM
http://images.ibsys.com/2004/0223/2867762_320X240.jpg

MightyToine
02-26-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by: dirno2000
http://images.ibsys.com/2004/0223/2867762_320X240.jpg

What a Loser. i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif