PDA

View Full Version : Incident at Cavs game............Ricky Davis take note

NYCdog
02-25-2004, 10:25 AM
Didnt see this posted here either...............and you thought the Jazz's Karl Malone skit was bad........

The NBA fined the Cavs $5,000 for a skit in a Feb. 19 game when Cleveland's mascot poked fun at Celtics forward Ricky Davis. During a timeout, Moondog mopped the floor using a No. 31 Cavs' jersey -- Davis' number before he was traded to Boston

Damn, that's pretty brutal..........how bad can these skits get?

Any of you got any suggestions of skits in poor taste?

samoan-maverick
02-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Personally I think its hilarious. Its fun for the home town crowd.

But the best skit ever made was last year, April Fools, Mark Cuban got into it with a ref and Del Harris flipped out. Cuban is MadNesS

MavKikiNYC
02-25-2004, 10:39 AM
I think that the Mavericks should break out the old Grace Jones disco tune "Pull Up to the Bumper, Baby" (In Your Long, Black Limousine) whenever Kobe Bryant shoots a free throw.

Also appropriate might be the Willie Dixon classic "Backdoor Man".

Murphy3
02-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Good stuff from the Cavs.

madape
02-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Here's a funny one:

In February 1999, Phoenix's "Gorilla" mascot mocked former Sun Oliver Miller, then with Sacramento, by wearing his jersey number, stuffing it with padding, gorging on popcorn and flopping onto the floor. Miller was hurt and angry, and players' union director Billy Hunter filed a complaint against the Suns.

Murphy3
02-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Now that's a little more cruel than the Cavs incident. But, humorous and appropriate nonetheless.

MightyToine
02-25-2004, 11:15 PM
The Cuban/Ref fight, though, is an all-time Mavericks Classic only because of Del's reaction.

I mean....He practically had both Stu Jackson and David Stern on Speed-dial ready to call for that Ref's dismissal from the NBA... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif