PDA

View Full Version : BRUISED KIDD SET FOR MRI

mavsfanforever
03-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Link (http://www.nypost.com/sports/nets/16762.htm)

March 1, 2004 -- Think of the worst case scenario for the Nets. It involves a significant injury to Jason Kidd, doesn't it? Well, the Nets are sweating that the worst case scenario doesn't come true.
Kidd is scheduled to undergo an MRI today on his bruised left knee. Kidd, bothered for more than a week by the joint, played 28 minutes in the Nets' 100-83 loss to the Lakers at the soldout Meadowlands last night, leaving at 2:38 of the third quarter.

"It's sore, just banged up. It's been banged up for awhile. It hasn't gotten better. This time of the year, you don't get too much rest. I just tried to give it a shot tonight. It didn't work out," said Kidd. "It just got stiff on me and I couldn't move. So coach pulled me from the game. I'd try to fight for my guys and my guys told me to sit out at one point. I was trying to help in any way possible. Hopefully, I'll be ready to go Tuesday."

Asked if he felt it's serious, Kidd responded, "If I can't move, than it's serious. That's part of my game, to get out and run and start transition. The last couple games, we haven't really been able to get out and run, maybe that's due to me not being mobile."

Said coach Lawrence Frank, "We probably should have pulled him a little bit earlier, maybe held him back, but he tried to gut it out for the team. He has a bruised knee [and has] been playing with it for a while. He wanted to keep on giving it a try."

MightyToine
03-01-2004, 12:23 PM
As if the LEASTERN CONFERENCE didn't need to get any worse....

damn...