PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota loses to Boston in a nationally televised snoozer

rakesh.s
03-07-2004, 10:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2004030716

mavs really should've closed out the games against the spurs and rockets. i believe they would've been 1 game behind the wolves in the loss column for the 2nd seed

DubOverdose
03-07-2004, 11:02 PM
If we had won the last 3, we would be ahead of the Timberwolves by now. I wish the Mavs would WAKE UP!

MavsFanFinley
03-07-2004, 11:55 PM
It's a shame that the Mavs have failed to gain and overtake the Timberwolves (not to mention Spurs). I don't think they'll be given another chance to do so.

MavKikiNYC
03-08-2004, 12:05 AM
And to make matters worse, the Grizzlies' win over the Warrirors tonight pulls them to within a half-game of the Mavericks for 5th place.

If I'm not mistaken, the Mavs will now be closer to 7th place than to 1st.

mary
03-08-2004, 12:18 AM
This is all very depressing i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

mary
03-08-2004, 12:23 AM
On the upside, Memphis has San Antonio, Clippers and Houston coming up for their next three games. They could very well lose all three of those.

Still, I can't believe I've gotta worry about the freakin Grizzlies taking over the Mavs' standing.

For lack of a better term, this sucks.

Nash13
03-08-2004, 01:20 AM
This could be a good thing in a way. If we drop to 6th or 7th seed, there's a good possibility that we could face the Wolves in the first round. We could still beat them.

Shaq Attack2
03-08-2004, 01:26 AM
How was this Boston-Twolves game a snoozer? I was wire to wire.

Anyway, Twolves are falling a bit, but still look great if you know what to look for. Defense looks solid and offense looks fine. They'll be in great shape either way come April.

4cwebb
03-08-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
How was this Boston-Twolves game a snoozer? I was wire to wire.

Anyway, Twolves are falling a bit, but still look great if you know what to look for. Defense looks solid and offense looks fine. They'll be in great shape either way come April.

I don't think their offense looks all that great...their big outburst was against the Mavs, for one. That's like giving a team credit for making layups (same can be said of my Kings, by the way, who don't like to stop anyone either). In two of their last three losses they have failed to reach the 80-point mark...are they morphing into the Spurs or something?

mavsman55
03-08-2004, 10:37 PM
If mavs can regain their composure, they will torch Minny in the 1st round.
Back to the Celtics game, Pierce was makin me mad takin all those shots at the end of the game (he was like 4/20 or somethin crazy like that).
Welsch kept them in that game.