PDA

View Full Version : Jazz vs. Lakers 3-8-04

kg_veteran
03-08-2004, 10:30 PM
The Jazz are about to hold on and beat the Lakers, doing us a favor. Thanks Kirilenko and Co...

Chiwas
03-08-2004, 10:32 PM
Man! 76-83 with 30 secs....

Good work, Jazz.

grndmstr_c
03-08-2004, 10:32 PM
Hoo-ray. I'll tell you what else is I wouldn't mind seeing Sac draw the Jazz in a first round matchup. Don't know if the Jazz could win, but I'd wager they could exact a heavy phsycial toll on the Queens.

kg_veteran
03-08-2004, 10:40 PM
88-83 final.

Mavs pull to within 1 game of the Lakers and move 1 game ahead of the dangerous and pesky Grizzlies.

The Mavs better not slip up, or the Grizz will overtake them.

DubOverdose
03-08-2004, 10:47 PM
This is a HUGE break for the Mavs. Hopefully we can win again in Sac town and charge forward and not fall back again. I really don't think the Lakers have it in them to win unless everyone is healthy and playing.

WayOutWest
03-08-2004, 10:48 PM
What a forgettable game. Laker turnovers killed them.

I don't think the Jazz would beat anybody up, that pretty much went with Malone.

EricaLubarsky
03-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Laker turnovers killed them.

2TOs will do that i/expressions/rolleye.gif

More like the 67.7% FT%, and getting outrebounded by 8.

Also Kirilenko had 15 points (although inefficiently), 14 rebounds 5 blocks and a steal

Psychedelic Fuzz
03-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
88-83 final.

Mavs pull to within 1 game of the Lakers and move 1 game ahead of the dangerous and pesky Grizzlies.

You know, I'm beginning to think that's not really a bad idea.

WayOutWest
03-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky

Laker turnovers killed them.

2TOs will do that i/expressions/rolleye.gif

More like the 67.7% FT%, and getting outrebounded by 8.

Also Kirilenko had 15 points (although inefficiently), 14 rebounds 5 blocks and a steal

Do you know how to read a box score?

Did you watch the game?

FishForLunch
03-09-2004, 12:00 AM
According to Ex Spur Shawn Elliot Shaq should not have been ejected, as he is so good and is regularly frustrated by the defenders and needs to be given a little more room to operate in the low post.

He also said that Bruce Bowen is not a dirty player since that is the way he plays. The Superstars(Allen, Finley, Carter) are whinning because they want to be given a little space to operate and not be tugged, touched and pulled on constantly.

Looks like contraditory statements to me. Shaq needs to be given a little space but the other whinny Superstars like Allen, Carter and Finely dont need a little space to operate.

Losers at NBA tonight were prasing the Suns for their play and how mavs have no clue on defense all along the scoreboard showed a consistient double digit lead for the Mavs. Finally they said they had to keep quiet as the Mavs beat up on the Suns.

Why do they dis the Mavs always on national TV? Frustrating.

FishForLunch
03-09-2004, 12:02 AM
Double post

Nash13
03-09-2004, 01:06 AM
When i came home from work, i watched the last six minutes of the game. Shaq did not deserve either of those technicals. If he saw Kirilenko under him, it was deep in the corner of his eye. I'm glad we could pull closer, but shaq shouldn't have been ejected.

superheadcat
03-09-2004, 02:00 AM
will pj be in trouble for saying this about the referee who ejected shaq?

"Bob Delaney's known to be very prejudiced against Shaquille," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "We know that, so we wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a good call"

Shaq Attack2
03-09-2004, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by: superheadcat
will pj be in trouble for saying this about the referee who ejected shaq?

"Bob Delaney's known to be very prejudiced against Shaquille," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "We know that, so we wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a good call"

What he said is true, but yes, he'll probably be suspended for a game or two.

twelli
03-09-2004, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
88-83 final.

I don' t know about that. Do we want to finish 5th and start against the Lakers or finish 6th and make the trip to San Antonio in the first round instead?

I'd say, let the pesky Grizzlies go to LALA land. We stand a better chance against the Spurs.

Big Boy Laroux
03-09-2004, 08:50 AM
WoW... i think erica was referring to the difference of 2 TOs between the Jazz and Lakers. Jazz had 17, Lakers had 19.

sike
03-09-2004, 01:47 PM
now the mavs just need a few more choke from the elite.....and no more of their own.....here comes an Eastern swing, they need to sweep it!

WayOutWest
03-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
WoW... i think erica was referring to the difference of 2 TOs between the Jazz and Lakers. Jazz had 17, Lakers had 19.

Probably, that's what I thought but one should cover your own arse when being a smart arse. Posting what you mean is always helpfull.

The big difference was that the Jazz were able to score off the TO's. In the first quarter the Lakers where scoring around a 67% clip, yet the Jazz where only 3-5 points behind. That should have been a blowout but the Jazz where capitolizing on the TO's. Second half the Lakers D force alot of TO's but they couldn't buy a bucket, not to mention the Lakers don't typically fast break with the line-up that was on the floor, they rely exclusively on Shaq.