PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Warriors & Suns vs Rockets

mavsfanforever
03-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Now that Suns have beaten rockets I am actually happy to see Warriors leading 22-13 after Qtr 1.

mavsfanforever
03-15-2004, 10:03 PM
27-17 GSW

bernardos70
03-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Wow, And the Magic are beating the Lakers ATM. If the results hold up, that would be awesome.
Mavs would gain ground on all of them. Magic up by 5, 26-21.

OutletPass
03-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Love it.

Phoenix just beat Houston at home..Yao 29pts/19reb...

and the Lakes and Spurs are still losing.
T-Mac has 11 in the first quarter vs. the lakes...
and AVERY JOHNSON is leading GS over the Spurs so far.

Gimme three losses tonight...two just aren't enough !!!!!!

mavsfanforever
03-15-2004, 10:17 PM
I think it is realistic to expect Warriors to beat spurs. Avery Johnson has played a great game so far.

mavsfanforever
03-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Halftime 45-33 GSW and 44-33 magic 8 minutes left in Quarter 2.

Chiwas
03-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Phoenix just beat Houston at home..Yao 29pts/19reb...Thanks, Yao. (He missed the last shot for the tie with 1.4 secs.)

OutletPass
03-15-2004, 10:29 PM
33 whole points for the Spurs in the first half...what an offensive explosion !!!

I'm telling you...TD is hurt a bit worse than they're saying...you heard it here.

T-MAc with 19 halfway through the 2nd quarter..

Who would have thought of a GS/Phoenix/Orlando trifecta tonight...DAMN !!!

MavsFanFinley
03-15-2004, 10:33 PM
If the Warriors choke in this game, I'll scream. They have a knack for losing a lot of games in the 4th quarter.

Nash13
03-15-2004, 10:36 PM
I just saw the Suns/Rockets highlights. Francis is the biggest idiot i've ever seen. First he gets mad when Amare dunks on Yao, so he shoves his forearm in his face. It's always smart to hit a guy that has a lot more size than you. But my problem is that he thinks it's alright for him to hang on the rim and point at people after every dunk, but you can't celebrate after dunking on someone.

bernardos70
03-15-2004, 10:41 PM
Hah, I saw that, Nash13. Francis is such a bright young star isn't he? "Oh, I'm gonna stick up for yao cause someone dunked on him." WTF was he thinking? On the other side Amaré carried himself with class, didn't taunt anyone and said that that was part of the game and they should have tried to do the same on the other end, not get mad (and yao actually dunked on stoudemire much the same way, but you didn't see marion pushing Yao or anything like that).

MavsFanFinley
03-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Stoudamire was screwed on that call. He did nothing to warrant that technical. He didn't even retaliate when Francis gave him that forearm.

A lot of players scream at the crowd after a dunk or 3-point play but he was far from taunting anyone.

Murphy3
03-15-2004, 10:45 PM
I actually had little problem with Francis sticking his forearm in Amare's throat. You yell like an idiot after a slam, then I have little issue with your opponent letting you know that they don't like it. It's similar to the Fin situation a few games ago. I liked that he took up for himself. I liked that Francis took up for his team and for Yao.

Sure, Francis was deserving of a 'T'. Amare was not. However, not a big deal with what Francis did.

mary
03-15-2004, 10:47 PM
I didn't think Amare's celbration was over the top and it didn't deserve a forearm.

I've seen Dirk scream a few times and I actually appreciate it when players show some emotion.

Francis is a punk.

Nash13
03-15-2004, 10:50 PM
But Murph, no one goes after Francis after he reacts like an idiot after a dunk, so why should he?

mavsfanforever
03-15-2004, 10:50 PM
I cannot believe Dunleavy has to play the PG.

OutletPass
03-15-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Mary:

I've seen Dirk scream a few times and I actually appreciate it ....
--Relationships 101. "What my men should do". i/expressions/rolleye.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif;

i/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gif i/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gif

mary
03-15-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Originally posted by Mary:

I've seen Dirk scream a few times and I actually appreciate it ....
--Relationships 101. "What my men should do". i/expressions/rolleye.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif;

i/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gif i/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gifi/expressions/rose.gif

Oops, I revealed too much

i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

mary
03-15-2004, 11:06 PM
double post for me - i'm going to the corner now

MavsFanFinley
03-15-2004, 11:30 PM
*%^$%^

Orlando is trying to give this one away to the Lakers.

Good news is that GS is holding on with less than 2 minutes to go.

Chiwas
03-15-2004, 11:43 PM
SA is done.

mary
03-15-2004, 11:47 PM
Lakers within 8 now.

Orlando has yet to score in the fourth quarter i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Chiwas
03-15-2004, 11:54 PM
Chalupa by Orlando!

100-90

StvNash13
03-15-2004, 11:57 PM
Oh, man, I'm loving this. Now WE have to take care of business

Chiwas
03-16-2004, 12:01 AM
10 straight points by Kobe and now this is 102-100 ni/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Chiwas
03-16-2004, 12:07 AM
Their #8 does work. Two more points and this is tied. 102-102

bernardos70
03-16-2004, 12:09 AM
Incredible, the Magic are just ITCHING to give this one away.

mary
03-16-2004, 12:15 AM
Crap - going to OT.

McGrady and Howard both have 5 fouls.

MavsFanFinley
03-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Orlando will lose this one. Too many players in foul trouble and nobody is going to stop Kobe.

Bayliss
03-16-2004, 12:21 AM
This game is the epitome of why Kobe should stay in LA. He has it so good. McGrady has been double and triple teamed the whole 4th quarter. Kobe hasn't because whom do you come off of? Payton? Shaq? Malone?

Nash13
03-16-2004, 12:23 AM
Steve "Snapper" Jones is such a homer, no wonder why ABC pulled him.

grndmstr_c
03-16-2004, 12:27 AM
Bad teams find ways to lose. Damn you Orlando. Oh well. Two out of three ain't half bad for the night considering the matchups.

mavsfanforever
03-16-2004, 12:29 AM
Orlando just gave this game away.

Are the Lakers really playing very bad. I mean overtime against Orlando is pitiful.

MavsFanFinley
03-16-2004, 12:33 AM
I shouldn't be so greedy because we gained ground on the Spurs which is more important than gaining ground on the Lakers. Still, it's hard to believe Orlando gave a game they had all but wrapped up away like that.

mary
03-16-2004, 12:39 AM
Damn - guess it was just too good to be true.

superheadcat
03-16-2004, 02:35 AM
Bad teams find ways to lose. Damn you Orlando.

hey, don't be so harsh. i remember just last season, lakers beat a pretty good team when down 28 in 4th q, without 2 of their current "future hof-ers".

of course, as a mavs fan, i am certainly glad to see that now lakers had to pull off this kind of endeavour against teams like magic, at home, with 4 "future hof-ers" on court, during clutch playoff run.

grndmstr_c
03-16-2004, 03:01 AM
I remember it well, SHC, though I wish I didn't. Mavs were a bad team that night, or at least enough of that night to find a way to lose.

Shaq Attack2
03-16-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
I remember it well, SHC, though I wish I didn't. Mavs were a bad team that night, or at least enough of that night to find a way to lose.

Some teams just play poorly on a given night. Lakers played like crap and Magic played well for 3 quarters, but that was it.

kg_veteran
03-16-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by: Bayliss
This game is the epitome of why Kobe should stay in LA. He has it so good. McGrady has been double and triple teamed the whole 4th quarter. Kobe hasn't because whom do you come off of? Payton? Shaq? Malone?

I didn't get to watch this game last night, but it's funny how the front page of the Yahoo! NBA section was talking this morning about how Kobe shut McGrady down in the 4th quarter defensively, yet someone who watched the game said Kobe was getting help from 1 or 2 teammates the entire quarter.

Here's a quote from Kobe:

"I think of myself as a throwback -- not only can I score the basketball, I can keep people from scoring,'' Bryant said. ``It was very fun. I love those matchups.''

Bayliss
03-16-2004, 11:31 AM
KG, so true.

And here's another thing too: Kobe was guarding McGrady a lot in the 4th. But he would get so tight on him because he had help. He could be in McGrady's face because Kobe knew he had the double team coming over... he knew he had Shaq blocking the goal if McGrady drove... and he knew Orlando doesn't have anyone else on the team that can score consistently. At one point in the 4th, Kobe was hugging McGrady at the 3 point line.... he holds the ball then drives to his right because there was a pick and roll. The defender jumps the pick and doubles McGrady. Instead of passing it out McGrady backs up and let the double teamer find his man again. Now McGrady is about 30 feet out and blows past Kobe but before he can even make it to the free throw line, another guy comes and cuts him off and he has to dish it to a teammate. It was like that the whole 4th quarter. Kobe pressed up but there was not a single time in the game where McGrady was single covered by Kobe.

On the other end, Kobe waltzed to the basket several times for layups/dunks.... and pulled up for 20 footers repeatedly without a hint of a double team.

I think Kobe is a great player. But he will not have the same open looks in Podonk JV team as he would in LA. And if he is too arrogant to realize that in the offseason then he deserves what he gets. (Of course as a Mav fan perhaps he needs to be more arrogant. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif)