PDA

View Full Version : ankle breakers???


irontoad
03-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Apparently I'm out of touch with today's hip lingo, but what in the hell is meant by the term 'ankle breaker'? Is it a dunk thing?

dirno2000
03-16-2004, 10:19 AM
It's a crossover dribble or some variation thereof that ends with the ball handler going one way and the defender going the other. If the defender falls that's even better.

MikeB
03-16-2004, 10:19 AM
Ankle breaker is a term used to describe a great move usually a crossover dribble that gets a defensive player moving one way and then comes back another "breaking the defenders ankles" as they try to catch up.

irontoad
03-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Cool, thanks guys!

Shaq Attack2
03-16-2004, 11:06 PM
It's the only thing Steve Francis is good at.

stevie_franchise3
03-17-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
It's the only thing Steve Francis is good at.

The Lakers should know how good he is at it.....

Shaq Attack2
03-17-2004, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by: stevie_franchise3

Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
It's the only thing Steve Francis is good at.

The Lakers should know how good he is at it.....

Yeah, after all those times the Rockets tore through the postseason, er, preseason.

Drbio
03-17-2004, 09:10 AM
hahahahhaa...a Laker fan berating a rocket moron on a Mavs board.



greatness.

MikeB
03-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Its a small small world....i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Drbio
03-17-2004, 10:23 AM
Thanks Mike....I've been humming "It's a small world" without end since I read your post.....grrrrrrrr......



It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev'ryone
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide
It's a small world after all

It's a small world after all
It's a small world after all
It's a small world after all
It's a small, small world

sike
03-17-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by: Drbio
Thanks Mike....I've been humming "It's a small world" without end since I read your post.....grrrrrrrr......



It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev'ryone
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide
It's a small world after all

It's a small world after all
It's a small world after all
It's a small world after all
It's a small, small world

thanks for sharing your torment doc......you punk!

Drbio
03-17-2004, 03:34 PM
hahaha....


seriously...that damn song has been in my head all day long. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

bernardos70
03-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
It's the only thing Steve Francis is good at.

That's not really true Shaq Attack2. He's also good at deserting his team on superbowl sundays, shoving people for no reason, and denying the fact that another team whipped his butt badly over and over and over, game after game after game (ask us)

mary
03-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by: bernardos70

Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
It's the only thing Steve Francis is good at.

That's not really true Shaq Attack2. He's also good at deserting his team on superbowl sundays, shoving people for no reason, and denying the fact that another team whipped his butt badly over and over and over, game after game after game (ask us)

You forgot about deflecting the ball with his face.

Shaq Attack2
03-17-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by: Drbio
hahahahhaa...a Laker fan berating a rocket moron on a Mavs board.



greatness.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

stevie_franchise3
03-17-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by: bernardos70

Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
It's the only thing Steve Francis is good at.

That's not really true Shaq Attack2. He's also good at deserting his team on superbowl sundays, shoving people for no reason, and denying the fact that another team whipped his butt badly over and over and over, game after game after game (ask us)


You forgot to mention that he's got heart which can't be said for most of the dallas players (except Finley).

grbh
03-17-2004, 10:33 PM
I believe you are in the around ther NBA forum Stevie.

Thanks for coming though

stevie_franchise3
03-17-2004, 10:39 PM
Last time I checked Dallas was in the NBA. They dont have an WNBA team do they?

OutletPass
03-17-2004, 10:44 PM
Tread lightly tonight, Stevie...
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/godfather_horse.jpg

mavsfanforever
03-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by: stevie_franchise3
Last time I checked Dallas was in the NBA. They dont have an WNBA team do they?

I admire the intelligence you show on every post. What a great retort. Amazing.

bernardos70
03-17-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by: stevie_franchise3

Originally posted by: bernardos70

Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
It's the only thing Steve Francis is good at.

That's not really true Shaq Attack2. He's also good at deserting his team on superbowl sundays, shoving people for no reason, and denying the fact that another team whipped his butt badly over and over and over, game after game after game (ask us)


You forgot to mention that he's got heart which can't be said for most of the dallas players (except Finley).

Ok then, he's also good at deserting his team on superbowl sundays, shoving people for no reason, and denying the fact that another team whipped his butt badly over and over and over, game after game after game (ask us), and he's....... good at having a heart.

stevie_franchise3
03-18-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever

Originally posted by: stevie_franchise3
Last time I checked Dallas was in the NBA. They dont have an WNBA team do they?

I admire the intelligence you show on every post. What a great retort. Amazing.


Sometimes you have to play to the level of your competition like a certain team in the NBA that I know does quite frequently.

mavsfanforever
03-18-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by: stevie_franchise3

Originally posted by: mavsfanforever

Originally posted by: stevie_franchise3
Last time I checked Dallas was in the NBA. They dont have an WNBA team do they?

I admire the intelligence you show on every post. What a great retort. Amazing.


Sometimes you have to play to the level of your competition like a certain team in the NBA that I know does quite frequently.


Couldn't understand this statement.

Max Power
03-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by: stevie_franchise3
Sometimes you have to play to the level of your competition like a certain team in the NBA that I know does quite frequently.

troll.