PDA

View Full Version : Steve Francis?!

raefformvp
03-21-2004, 07:44 PM
Anyone watching the Rockets/Kings game? I just flipped over and didn't see the play right before half time, but Francis was obviously upset. The commentator went to interview him before he headed to the locker room and asked him what happened out there. Francis replied, "That's bullshit." (excuse my language, just quoting) Of course because it's live, they didn't bleep it. So now while they're fighting for a playoff spot, he will more than likely will be suspended a game. What an idiot.

MavsFanFinley
03-21-2004, 07:51 PM
Francis is an idiot. I went into the other room and missed the final minute or two. The only thing I saw was where Francis fouled Christie who was posting him up. He gave him a little shove in the back, was whistled for the foul, and Christie turned to dunk/lay it up anyway, but Francis gave him another shove. He was then whistled for a technical.

...The way the commentators are talking, something happened after this incident. I didn't see it and they haven't shown a replay or said what the incident was.

mavsfanforever
03-21-2004, 08:33 PM
Rocketa actually lead by 9 points in the 4th

Bookit
03-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Rocketa actually lead by 9 points in the 4th

But can't close it out. To be fair, the Rockets got jobbed by the refs in the 4th.

rakesh.s
03-21-2004, 09:34 PM
can someone post what he actually said(the whole thing)?

mavsfanforever
03-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Actually Rockets played pretty decent game until Yao fouled out. Ref's showed no love to rocks.

DubOverdose
03-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Francis only said, "That's BS" since he was mad about a no-call right before the end of the quarter. He was going up for a layup or dunk and I think he got hit in the crotch or something and was mad about not getting a foul called.

MavsFanFinley
03-21-2004, 11:46 PM
The highlights showed him going up for a dunk or layup and he thought he was fouled. What pissed him off was that he fell and hit his head on one of the camermen.

raefformvp
03-22-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by: rakesh.s

I don't remember exactly what he said, but after the bs thing he said something about the refs doing an awful job. Then he said something about Houston coming to play and if the refs aren't going to call stuff the way it is, then they wouldn't come to play the second half. Can you say moron?!

mavsfanforever
03-22-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by: raefformvp

Originally posted by: rakesh.s

I don't remember exactly what he said, but after the bs thing he said something about the refs doing an awful job. Then he said something about Houston coming to play and if the refs aren't going to call stuff the way it is, then they wouldn't come to play the second half. Can you say moron?!

Looks like he got a good whupping by Van Gundy in the locker room at half time. He came out after halftime and said sorry.

dirno2000
03-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Looks like he got a good whupping by Van Gundy in the locker room at half time. He came out after halftime and said sorry.

Isn't it possible that he went in the locker room and had a chance to cool off, then apologized of his own volition? Van Gundy was on his way to the locker room so he probably didn't even know about the incident until after the game.

ESPN is reporting that he's been fined 25k. Wasn't the precedent set at a one game suspension after the Shaq incident?

NYCdog
03-23-2004, 09:13 AM
Wasn't the precedent set at a one game suspension after the Shaq incident?

Well compare the situations........

Steve Francis popped off on national TV........and when given the next available chance, he went the wise and respectfull route and apologized.

Shaq popped off on national TV..........and when given the next available chance, he repiled, "I dont give a F---!"

So I'm guessing because Steve Francis apologized, the NBA decided to limit his fine to $25k instead of more money and a suspension like in the Shaq incident.

And I have to give Steve Francis props this time........apologizing to the league and the fans for his behavior was a very smart and classy move on his part.

Murphy3
03-23-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by: dirno2000

Isn't it possible that he went in the locker room and had a chance to cool off, then apologized of his own volition? Van Gundy was on his way to the locker room so he probably didn't even know about the incident until after the game.

ESPN is reporting that he's been fined 25k. Wasn't the precedent set at a one game suspension after the Shaq incident?

We're talking about steve francis. So no, it's not possible that he decided to apologize on his own.

MavKikiNYC
03-23-2004, 11:32 AM
And I have to give Steve Francis props this time........apologizing to the league and the fans for his behavior was a very smart and classy move on his part.

....and I'm still laughing.

stevie_franchise3
03-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC

....and I'm still laughing.

Well it worked, since he only got fined and was able to play against Portland in a game where he almost had a triple double (22-10-9).

kg_veteran
03-23-2004, 11:47 AM
It worked, which would make it a smart move, whether Francis thought of it or not. Whether it was classy or not, well, that's a different story.

EricaLubarsky
03-23-2004, 03:20 PM
apologizing to the league and the fans for his behavior was a very smart and classy move on his part.

Where is Walker's apology?