PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Isiah

Chicago JK
03-29-2004, 08:41 AM
Once a rival, always a rival?

John Stockton hasn't even been gone one full season, and already he's a forgotten man. According to this week's issue of Sports Illustrated, Knicks president Isiah Thomas told Stephon Marbury that he could someday be on the list of the all-time greatest point guards.

"I've told Stephon that he should make that list read, 'Cousy, Isiah and Stephon," Thomas reportedly said.

Thomas must have forgotten that Stockton is the NBA's career leader in assists (15,806) and steals (3,265). Nobody else is even close in those respective categories. Even an old rival like Zeke has to admit that when it comes to the list of all-time great points, Stockton has to be right at the top. Not that Stockton cares in the least. Last week he was spotted by an SI writer at his dad's bar in Spokane, wearing jeans, a T-shirt and a fleece.

Just an ordinary guy, same as he ever was.

madape
03-29-2004, 08:52 AM
I'd rank Thomas about the 23rd best point guard of all time.

MikeB
03-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by: madape
I'd rank Thomas about the 23rd best point guard of all time.

OK...then give me the "better" 22. i/expressions/rolleye.gif
Its ok to not like Isiah but he was a very good player.

MavsFanatik33
03-29-2004, 09:09 AM
So he forgot about Stock, big deal... I'm sure he still would rank Stockton high up there...

Murphy3
03-29-2004, 09:11 AM
He forgot Magic as well.

Max Power
03-29-2004, 09:11 AM
He forgot Magic too.

Simon2
03-29-2004, 09:49 AM
Where would Derek Harper rank?

MavsFanatik33
03-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by: Simon2
Not that well, everyone outside of Big D hates the Mavs. He was a Laker at one point, that might up his ranks a little...

WayOutWest
03-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33

Originally posted by: Simon2
Not that well, everyone outside of Big D hates the Mavs. He was a Laker at one point, that might up his ranks a little...

Dallas Harper is known for running out the clock in that playoff game vs. the Lakers.

I think he made a name for himself as a tough defender and clutch player in a Knicks uniform.

ddh33
03-29-2004, 02:14 PM
I've never liked Zeke, but he could play.

I do have to completely disgaree on this though. Stock was awesome. I didn't want to like him, but I had to admire the guy.

Shaq Attack2
03-29-2004, 05:49 PM
Magic and Stockton are the two greatest PGs of all time. You should be shot if you think otherwise.

Max Power
03-29-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
Magic and Stockton are the two greatest PGs of all time. You should be shot if you think otherwise.

Magic and Stockton are alone on the highest plateau of point guards. There has never been anyone who is even close to them.

MavKikiNYC
03-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Confirms my suspicions about Thomas's ability to assess talent.

If Dolan had a brain, he'd be very, very nervous about now.

Five-ofan
03-30-2004, 08:11 AM
Magic and Stockton alone? They were both awesome but the big O is easily in the conversation if not the clear cut winner. Obviously, I never saw him in person or in real time(im 18 so wouldnt be possible) but I have seen him on classic and his stats are amazing.