PDA

View Full Version : kobe's shooting about to cost lakers against portland

rakesh.s
04-07-2004, 12:46 AM
man when the hell will this guy pass the ball?..he had 19 shots up at the end of the 3rd..now he's 5-23..shaq has gotten 11 shots and he's 7-11

kg_veteran
04-07-2004, 12:49 AM
I'm not watching this game, but that's certainly what Kobe did on Sunday.

Keep shooting, Kobe.

mavsfanforever
04-07-2004, 12:50 AM
Well it is not Kobe's shooting alone. He always did that but lakers had a better team defense before. Ofcourse Shaq needs to shoot more. Kobe, the free agent. Shaq the guy who gets frustrated.

mavsfanforever
04-07-2004, 01:28 AM
I will not blame this loss on Kobe. This was a loss that was a result of no defense against Transition . The supporting cast has been really miserable with the exception of Medvedenkov and fisher but Fisher is a backup of GP. Gp has not played the defense upto the level he was known to. Most of the Point guards have penetrated at will against GP this season( e.g., 29 point burst by Tony Parker).

dirno2000
04-07-2004, 09:23 AM
I'm glad we're finished with Portland; they looked really good last night. Nash did a nice job of changing the culture of the team without gutting the talent. Miles and Rahim played so well that Zach Randolph was a cheerleader for most of the 4th.

The problem is that their backcourt runs hot and cold. On a hot night, like last night, they're pretty damn impressive. I doubt they can win a series if they make the playoffs, but they can make somebody sweat.

MavsFanFinley
04-07-2004, 10:43 AM
The Lakers didn't play well, but you have to give Portland some credit because they looked pretty solid to me. It will be interesting to see who they keep this summer.

I'll admit when Kobe takes over a game it can be something amazing, but it's night's like last night that I just scratch my head.

Drbio
04-07-2004, 12:39 PM
I love it when showbe the drama queen shoots his team out of contention.

I equate showbe and Walker in terms of their effect on their respective teams. First off...noone is saying that showbe should be reduced to a comparison with AWalker, but when both players play within the team, pass and rebound first, take their open shots and not force up the extras, their team usually wins. The selfishness of both cost their teams victories.

mavsman55
04-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by: Drbio
I love it when showbe the drama queen shoots his team out of contention.

I equate showbe and Walker in terms of their effect on their respective teams. First off...noone is saying that showbe should be reduced to a comparison with AWalker, but when both players play within the team, pass and rebound first, take their open shots and not force up the extras, their team usually wins. The selfishness of both cost their teams victories.

The sad thing is, a lot of the time, Kobe actually makes his shots, while Walker... well, he's Walker. Either way, good showing by Portland. Rahim, Ranolph, Stoudamire, and Miles all had great games.

rakesh.s
04-09-2004, 11:25 PM
kobe is jackin em up in the memphis game tonight..shaq has 3 shots and kobe has 9 with 7 mins to go in the 2nd

memphis is stickin it to 'em....up by 19..damn

if kobe continues playing like this, i don't see how they'll survive in the playoffs

malone and payton could probably average ~20 pts if they got 2 more shots each

MavsFanFinley
04-09-2004, 11:27 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers tanked a couple games if it meant they'd face the Mavs in the first round.

mavsfanforever
04-09-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
It wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers tanked a couple games if it meant they'd face the Mavs in the first round.

I am not sure if they can gain anything out of that since Kings have themselves hit a slump down 10 at halftime.

mavsfanforever
04-10-2004, 12:47 AM
LA is winning now, LA win will give is the 5th spot in the west.

mavsfanforever
04-10-2004, 01:10 AM
Mavs move to the 5th. Memphis loses.