PDA

View Full Version : Suns just beat the Queens

mavsfanforever
04-10-2004, 01:15 AM
Wow, that was a great game. Queens look miserable.

mavsfanforever
04-10-2004, 01:20 AM
btw Webber 5-18

EricaLubarsky
04-10-2004, 01:42 AM
good game. Kings only showed 30-45 seconds of being an elite team. Much like we did throughout the beginning of the year. They just went from 1st to 4th as far as Im concerned; unless they can get some emergency boosters firing they are in free fall. Makes the 5 spot look really good doesnt it?

superheadcat
04-10-2004, 02:20 AM
whenever cwebb went out and the offense run through peja, which is only occasionally, kings looked alive and competitive, and not coincidently, kings went to a run during that time span.

like mavs, kings need some big adjustment to incorporate back cwebb, unlike mavs, it seems now kings won't have enough time for that.

kings falling to 4th surely is good, but first thing first, let's hope mavs take care of business and hold on to the 5th. don't let me see that kings finally become 4th, but mavs fall back to 6th and still face lakers or spurs.

dirno2000
04-10-2004, 02:21 AM
Can't wait for Sunday, it should be a great game. Perfect scheduling by the league. I feel pretty good about a Lakers win, but it's going to be tough in Aarco. Not like the Lakers are hitting on all cylinders.

kg_veteran
04-10-2004, 09:16 AM
I agree, Dirno. Should be a big-time game with the Pacific Division on the line.

Neither team is playing great, but the Lakers are playing better than the Kings. *crosses fingers*

Five-ofan
04-10-2004, 12:20 PM
The way sacto is playing, the unthinkable might happen. The mavs could get hca in round 1. If the mavs win out and the kings lose out(very possible) the mavs would then be the 4th seed and would still play sacto but we would have hca. Also that would be huge blow to the kings to go through most of the season as #1 and then not have hca in the first round.

Ps I know this is dreaming but it is possible.

Poindexter Einstein
04-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Unfortunately the Kings seem to have one incredibly winnable game remaining on the schedule ... or do they?

Yes they easily can lose to LAL on Sunday. Then on the back end of a back to back, they immediately fly out to Denver to play on Monday in the altitude vs a Nuggets team chasing a playoff spot - also quite losable.

But then they get a two day rest, and a visit to GS to close the season. GS will be flying home from LA and playing the back end of a back-to-back for that final game. If home court is on the line, is there any way the Kings lose that season ender? They have so much talent and have come so far this year; it seems absurd.

However, some food for thought: SAC beat GS both times in SAC (by 2 pts in Nov, by 4 in Mar). But they lost at GS in late Dec by 7.

Hmmmmmm.

(Side note: For a preview of GS, the Mavs play there on Sunday on the back end of a back-to-back, after playing Seattle today. The Sunday game might give some indicator of the GS chances vs Sac.)

kg_veteran
04-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by: Poindexter Einstein
Unfortunately the Kings seem to have one incredibly winnable game remaining on the schedule ... or do they?

Yes they easily can lose to LAL on Sunday. Then on the back end of a back to back, they immediately fly out to Denver to play on Monday in the altitude vs a Nuggets team chasing a playoff spot - also quite losable.

But then they get a two day rest, and a visit to GS to close the season. GS will be flying home from LA and playing the back end of a back-to-back for that final game. If home court is on the line, is there any way the Kings lose that season ender? They have so much talent and have come so far this year; it seems absurd.

However, some food for thought: SAC beat GS both times in SAC (by 2 pts in Nov, by 4 in Mar). But they lost at GS in late Dec by 7.

Hmmmmmm.

(Side note: For a preview of GS, the Mavs play there on Sunday on the back end of a back-to-back, after playing Seattle today. The Sunday game might give some indicator of the GS chances vs Sac.)

Good analysis, PE, but I think the Kings have proven with the loss last night to Phoenix that, indeed, anything is possible.

The Mavs just need to win the rest of their games and put themselves in a position to have a chance at HCA in the first round against the Kings.

Shaq Attack2
04-10-2004, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't be in the least surprised if the Kings finish the season on a 4 game losing streak. They've already lost to the Twolves and Suns back to back. They'll probably lose to the Lakers if the Lakers play well, and the Nuggets are going to be pumped as all hell to beat the Kings to secure that 8th spot in the West.

Wow, West if farking wild this season. i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

rakesh.s
04-10-2004, 07:21 PM
if the kings continue to lose the rest of the way and lose their first game in the playoffs, rick adelman has to bench webber..if he doesn't do it, then you know where the problem lies

mavsman55
04-10-2004, 09:56 PM
I agree - I never thought I'd be saying this but: BENCH WEBBER! He's a great player, but they found their chemistry without him, and were a great team without him. Along with limiting Brad Miller's minutes, his presence diminishes the incredible team chemistry that they once had without him. Dallas, although on somewhat of a good streak right now (not including today's loss), has been kind of streaky all season long. Sacramento, on the other hand, has been solid all year long up to a few weeks ago. They deserve a championship more than most of the other teams in the NBA. It's pretty unfortunate that they had to fall apart right before the playoffs start... almost makes me feel bad for them. But hey, this is nothing but good news for Dallas, so I don't mind.

Marv Albert
04-11-2004, 02:00 AM
For the Kings, I think this season can't end fast enough. The wheels have really fallen off. Webber is about 75%. When he gets the ball, everyone stops moving because they seem to expect him to put his head down and score it every time. Brad and Bobby (the two toughest Kings) are fighting injuries. All told, the Kings Big 7 (Miller, Divac, Webber, Stojakovic, Christie, Jackson and Bibby) have only been on the court together for one game (thursday's loss to the Wolves) and even then, Jackson only played 13 minutes. Vlade looks and plays like he's 5 years older than the Vlade who averaged almost a triple double in Feburary.

If they can suddenly heal up and get their minds right when the playoffs start, things will be just fine. But they've had alot of time already to do that, there's no reason to expect it'll come during the most intense and pressure filled time of the year.