PDA

View Full Version : Hatred for US

dude1394
04-20-2004, 10:58 PM
Feelings mutual impotent punks. Don't get us mad, you won't like us mad. If you are luck kerry can sing kumbayah with you.

Punks (http://www.iht.com/articles/516127.html)

Mubarak details hatred for U.S.

Wednesday, April 21, 2004
PARIS Arabs in the Middle East hate the United States more than ever after the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq and Israel's killing of two Hamas leaders, President Hosni Mubarak of Egypt said in comments published on Tuesday. Mubarak, who visited the United States last week, told the French newspaper Le Monde that Washington's actions had caused despair, frustration and a sense of injustice in the Arab world.
"Today there is hatred of the Americans like never before in the region," he said in an interview in France, where he met with President Jacques Chirac on Monday.
Mubarak attributed the hostility partly to U.S. support for Israel. With the approval of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, Israel killed Abdel Aziz Rantisi, leader of Hamas in the Gaza Strip, in a missile strike on Saturday, weeks after killing his predecessor, Sheik Ahmed Yassin. The killings were widely condemned by governments around the world, but not by the United States.
"At the start some considered the Americans were helping them," Mubarak said. "There was no hatred of the Americans. After what has happened in Iraq, there is unprecedented hatred, and the Americans know it.

madape
04-21-2004, 09:02 AM
Those Egyptians sure don't hate that $2 Billion in foreign aid they get from us.

Sorry if America taking out genocidal dictators and terror leaders inspires hate in you. Does anyone agree that this hate is mildly misdirected?

Mavdog
04-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by: madape
Those Egyptians sure don't hate that $2 Billion in foreign aid they get from us.

Sorry if America taking out genocidal dictators and terror leaders inspires hate in you. Does anyone agree that this hate is mildly misdirected?

Sure the "hate" is misdirected, but to dismiss the comments by Mubarak away is not wise.

This is but one repurcussion of the clumsy manner in which GWBush spoke a week ago in regard to the backing of Sharon's plan. A more deft handling (and disagreement with Sharon on the border expansion) wouldn't have put the US in such a negative light.

dude1394
04-21-2004, 09:33 AM
The only problem with how bush spoke about sharon's plan is that it was honest. The muslim culture can't handle honesty. Everyone knew it, no one said it. Just one more step in forcing them to accept reality.

FishForLunch
04-21-2004, 09:41 AM
The Arabs hate the US like how the Democrats hate George Bush.

Mavdog
04-21-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by: dude1394
The only problem with how bush spoke about sharon's plan is that it was honest. The muslim culture can't handle honesty. Everyone knew it, no one said it. Just one more step in forcing them to accept reality.

Talk about a broad paint brush, you're a heck of a painter.

Sharon's plan to keep the settlements in occupied land is "honest"? No, it is against intl law and also contrary to long established US policy as well. In fact it is more correct to label Sharon's plan as dishonest as it flies in the face of precedent as well as weakens any possible chance for a peace agreement.

FishForLunch
04-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Talk about Hatred for the US by Al Jazeera

------------------------------------------------------
Writing in National Review Online, Michael Ledeen has an interesting theory about why Al-Jazeera did not air the tape of terrorists in Iraq murdering an Italian hostage:

The terrorists present the world with an endless supply of lies, which generally take the form of accusing us of what they do (and we don't). Many of their actions are staged precisely for the benefit of reporters (like the horror scene of the four dead American contractors a couple of weeks ago). They brought in the television cameras the other day to film the execution of an Italian hostage, Fabrizio Quattrocchi, but something went wrong. After forcing him to dig his own grave, they put a hood over his head and ordered him to kneel so he could be killed. He wouldn't go for it. He tried to remove the hood, and defiantly yelled at them "I will show you how an Italian dies." The scene was a propaganda disaster for them, and good old al Jazeera, the modern mother of lies, announced that they had the tape but wouldn't release it because it was too terrible to witness. It was terrible, but not in the way al Jazeera wanted us to think. It showed Western bravery, not Arab domination, so they couldn't show it.

dude1394
04-21-2004, 10:59 AM
What law?? You mean the law created by the UN that has a bunch of dictators condemning israel when they blow up a terrorist but say nothing when those same terrorist blow up children? If that's the law you are talking about to hell with it.

And my statement is that BUSH is being honest. Clinton woudlnt' agree to the right of return but was too chicken-s*** to say so. Even when GIVEN the west-bank the palestinians choose to continue blowing themselves and children up.

So yea, it was HONEST of bush to just say the facts. The settlements aren't going anywhere, the "right of return" isn't going to happen. Now deal with it!! What are you going to do anyway, blow up women and children. You can't "deal" with these people, can't happen.

Mavdog
04-21-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by: dude1394
What law?? You mean the law created by the UN that has a bunch of dictators condemning israel when they blow up a terrorist but say nothing when those same terrorist blow up children? If that's the law you are talking about to hell with it.

Try to stay on topic dude, the issue is Sharon's plan t keep the settlements in occupied terroritory.

And my statement is that BUSH is being honest. Clinton woudlnt' agree to the right of return but was too chicken-s*** to say so. Even when GIVEN the west-bank the palestinians choose to continue blowing themselves and children up.

Clinton Clinton Clinton. What a broken record. Still not on issue.

So yea, it was HONEST of bush to just say the facts. The settlements aren't going anywhere, the "right of return" isn't going to happen. Now deal with it!! What are you going to do anyway, blow up women and children. You can't "deal" with these people, can't happen.

You are so full of hate for the palestinians.

The USA has never agreed with the right of return, Clinton included. No surprise there.

The USA has had a long standing position that countries cannot seize land by war. This goes all the way back to the Monroe Doctrine BTW., and reinforced by Teddy Roosevelt. The position of Sharon is totally opposite of that policy, a policy that was thrown out the window by GWBush in a couple of sentences at a Q&A with reporters.

GWBush either doesn't understand diplomacy or he's foolish, take your pick.

reeds
04-21-2004, 06:54 PM
OH yes, I have been preaching that since the war started- this war has created more US haters than EVER before..its amazing..they preceive us as bullies who do what we want to do when we want to do it...

this so-called war on terror will NOT stop terrorism at all...like throwing gas on the fire...wait and see....start bashing all you want- but the facts remain the same..history will show...the bush war on terror will not make us any safer....

dude1394
04-21-2004, 07:38 PM
Mark Steyn (http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull%26cid=1082518211238) Requires regisration.

Ariel Sharon has decided that one cannot negotiate with a void, a nullity Ė and even sentimental European Yasserphiles might, in their more honest moments, acknowledge that the only way the Palestinians are ever going to get a state is if they're cut out of the process. So the Israelis are building their wall, and what's left over on the other side will either be a new state, the present decayed Arafatist squat, or an ever more frustrated self-detonation academy. But it will be up to the Palestinians to choose because they'll be the ones living with the consequences.

Chiwas
04-21-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by: reeds
OH yes, I have been preaching that since the war started- this war has created more US haters than EVER before..its amazing..they preceive us as bullies who do what we want to do when we want to do it...

this so-called war on terror will NOT stop terrorism at all...like throwing gas on the fire...wait and see....start bashing all you want- but the facts remain the same..history will show...the bush war on terror will not make us any safer....Behind the extremism of both points, there are two truths.

The first one is almost completely right, but it's a truth in some important degree.

The second deserves some comments. For example, I think that the wars against Afghanistan (Taliban) and Iraq are making the US more safe, but not completely safe -at least as before 9/11-, and it is not going to last too much. How long? I don't know, months or years, but not many, cause the hatred will grow in time. Israel's permanent war is a good example of this.

Another comment is, the war against terrorism should include other more acute actions against main and concrete bastions of terrorism, using more Intelligence than warfare. Although this would have the same conclussion: hatred won't be eliminate, and its efects just holded or limited for some time.

However, I don't know if pacific options would succeed. Our worlds (the Western and the Mideast and beyond; the Christians and related and the Muslims and related) are too different to finally comprehend each other and live in peace.

FishForLunch
04-21-2004, 09:47 PM
Some Iraqis have gratitude for our efforts. I feel proud for our soilders after reading this article. I know there are some who always will put a negative spin on any good news coming out of Iraq. Politics clouds their judgement.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A routine day in Iraq.
Today is a special day for me, it's my birthday I woke up early, had many things to arrange, it was a lovely sunny day. One should enjoy looking at April flowers and not stay at home at all, and I will celebrate it just as I should.

Then I heard the news; tens of people killed in terrorist attacks in Basra with many children among them. Omar, my brother, is still in Basra, and we were very worried and didnít rest until we called a friend there to have some information about the attacks. We still havenít heard from him, but that's because he doesn't have a telephone or access to the internet in the small town where he works, and we know that he doesnít usually go downtown at such times.

This is my daily Ďroutineí thoughout 35 years; wars, meaningless death of innocent people, armed people terrorizing us, relatives and friends get killed or disappeared, close gunshot or explosions awaken me from sleeping, our laughs and talks get lost amid sounds of jetfighters in the sky and noise of tanks in street reminding me where Iím I and where I live. It seems that itís not allowed for me to live a normal life like others do.

I believe in the bright future ahead but Iím upset now and I came here to write and release some of my frustration. I can't bear it alone. why me? Why my country? All that we need is a moment of peace. I really need it now. Why should I bear it with my people? When will it be over and when can we live in peace at last?

The hardest thing is that I have to fight more, and I will, but God, please give me the strength. Why should I be strong while watching others run away; Spain, Honduras, Thailand, human organizations, the UN and all the others who want (and itís their right I must say) to avoid the dangers. But why did they disappoint us? Why abandon us in this moment when we really need them? Will they come back when conditions improve? Most likely, but who will need them then!!? We donít need doctors and engineers. We have enough of those and large numbers of Iraqi doctor, teachers and engineers are working abroad. We do export minds, and some of those have returned and are doing their job and some are on their way back. We need political, financial and military support, and once we get rid of the terrorists, WE will show you what we can do, and we will not forget those who helped us, they will remain as friends and allies, thatís from a political point of view. As for me, they will remain as my real family, my brothers and sisters.

One of our friend was angry when he saw the former slaves burn the flag of their liberators (and he has all the right to feel so), but I saw my country being destroyed for 35 years and Iím not desperate because I have faith that it will be rebuild one day. Still, why am I supposed to be the 'superman' who is never allowed to feel angry, sad or frustrated?

Others ask me to demonstrate and show my support to the coalition. Ok Iím with the coalition but I canít do it my friends. Iím surrounded by armed criminals who wouldnít hesitate for a minute before shooting me for just speaking out, yet I do speak, and not only on this page.

You, there in the free world, cannot witness against criminals without witness protection programs. We have nothing of this. Just under trained and half corrupted policemen and few newly graduated army soldiers and the law system, we inherited from Saddam and havenít really changed it yet, is far from being efficient.
Why do others get discouraged easily? Donít mistake me. Iím upset but will NEVER run away like some people did.

I wasnít like this before. I was afraid most of the time. I have always looked for safety above all. I lost faith in the whole world and I wasnít ready at all to make the slightest sacrifice for the sake of others. I was trying to leave my country and find a better job in a safe place, BUT, The brave solders (who donít hold shares at Halliburton or Bechtel) who crossed seas and oceans and came to my country to fight for our freedom -and donít anyone dare say the opposite, as I met so many of these soldiers and had hundreds of letters from them and there families and I know their motives; they fight for their countryís safety and for our freedom and they are proud of what they are doing- gave me the faith and showed me that man should not care only about himself, his family or his country, these are not enough to make a human being. These guys are MUCH better than me because I have to fight for my issue and they fight for me. They deserve the respect of the world and so do the people who support them. They always give me hope to go on no matter how difficult it seems.

I think Iíll have to skip celebrating my birthday this year, but that will not make me less determined than before, and I know that even if other countries pull out of Iraq, we will always have the strongest and greatest nation on our side, the wonderful people of the USA, together with the UK, Italy, Japan and the rest of the coalition forces. We owe you a lot and I pray, and Iím sure, that one day we will be able to return some of your favors and Iím talking about the people not the politicians although I donít deny those the credit they deserve for doing their job as good as they can. When that day finally comes, you will know for sure that the great efforts and sacrifices youíve made were not in vain.

-By Mohammed.

Max Power
04-22-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by: reeds

And what should we do? If we do nothing then we have events like 9-11. If we go to war we protect US civilians but at the cost of US troops. But why would you think there is a middle ground? What historical precedent can you point to that has brought peace to this region? The closest thing to peace the region has is when it is dominated by brutal tyrants.

this so-called war on terror will NOT stop terrorism at all...like throwing gas on the fire...wait and see....start bashing all you want- but the facts remain the same..history will show...the bush war on terror will not make us any safer....

How do you put out an oil fire? Do you let it burn out? Do you put calming water on it? No. You set off an explosion that deprives the fire of oxygen. The war on terror is the explosion that will extinguish terrorism.

reeds
04-22-2004, 02:23 PM
"And what should we do? If we do nothing then we have events like 9-11." Oh- so us invading IRAQ will help stop events like 9-11?? Please explain that one..Id luv to hear this logic....

"The war on terror is the explosion that will extinguish terrorism" WONT HAPPEN...watch and learn...

FishForLunch
04-22-2004, 03:27 PM
So what does the Left propose to do to get rid of terrorism. The only thing they do well is complain

Max Power
04-22-2004, 04:20 PM
I also asked reeds for HIS solution. Instead I got babble.

REEDS - QUIT GRIPING ABOUT THE WAR ON TERRORISM UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO OFFER UP AN ALTERNATIVE.

Murphy3
04-25-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by: FishForLunch
So what does the Left propose to do to get rid of terrorism. The only thing they do well is complain

smoke some pot, plant some trees, abort some babies, marry some gays

u2sarajevo
04-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by: Murphy3

smoke some pot, plant some trees, abort some babies, marry some gaysGenius.

I >almost< felt guilty for laughing my ace off.

dude1394
04-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Hilarious murph

Chiwas
04-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo

Originally posted by: Murphy3

smoke some pot, plant some trees, abort some babies, marry some gaysGenius.

I >almost< felt guilty for laughing my ace off.Me too, without the >almost<. It was funny.

Drbio
04-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Shot water through the nose murph.....

Max Power
04-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Damn funny stuff murph!

Murphy3
04-26-2004, 03:41 PM
Murph's pretty damn solid when it comes to social/political commentary.

reeds
04-26-2004, 06:47 PM
HAHAHA..if Bush's daughter had read that I am sure she would have shot some vodka through the nose..or was it Whiskey?? Cant recall...

Chiwas
04-28-2004, 07:53 PM
http://www.claybennett.com/images/archivetoons/candlelight_vigil.jpg

dude1394
04-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by: Chiwas
http://www.claybennett.com/images/archivetoons/candlelight_vigil.jpg

So true.

NYTimes (http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/24/opinion/24KRIS.html?n=Top%2fOpinion%2fEditorials%20and%20O p%2dEd%2fOp%2dEd%2fColumnists%2fNicholas%20D%20Kri stof)

On the other hand, the left seems more contemptuous than ever of evangelicals. Sensitive liberals who avoid expressions like "ghetto blaster," because that might be racially offensive, blithely dismiss conservative Christians as "Jesus freaks" or "fanatics."

Take Ted Turner. He has called Christianity a "religion for losers" and once ridiculed CNN employees observing Ash Wednesday as "Jesus freaks." Later, he apologized.

Then there are the T-shirts: "So Many Right-Wing Christians . . . So Few Lions."