PDA

View Full Version : KERRY ABORTION FLIP: ADVOCATED 'STATE ISSUE'

FishForLunch
04-22-2004, 08:58 PM
So what Kerry was young and brash in 1972 we should excuse his oversight. Like when he said that the US troops in Vietnam reminded him of Genhis Khan's exploits.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Democratic Presidential candidate John Kerry will attend a rally for women's abortion rights in Washington, DC on Friday.

At the rally, Kerry will ask attendees to join him in the fight by getting involved in his campaign.

But the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal: Kerry claimed in an interview he was "opposed to abortion" and how its an issue "that should be left for the states to decide."

MORE

Kerry told the LOWELL SUN in October, 1972: "...It's a tragic day in the lives of everybody when abortion is looked on as an alternative to birth control or as an alternative to having a child. I think that's wrong. It should be the very last thing if it has to be anything, and I say that not just because I'm opposed to abortion but because I think that's common sense."

Kerry declared: "I think the question of abortion is one that should be left for the states to decide."

In 1975, SUN reporter John Mullins outlined how Kerry believed there were larger issues than abortion including "how to put people back to work, how to reduce crime and how to keep institutions from breaking down."

"'I think liberals spend too much time pushing issues which just aren't relevant to the mass of people,' Kerry said, including among such issues abortion, the death penalty and amnesty."

FishForLunch
04-22-2004, 08:58 PM
So what Kerry was young and brash in 1972 we should excuse his oversight. Like when he said that the US troops in Vietnam reminded him of Genhis Khan's exploits.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Democratic Presidential candidate John Kerry will attend a rally for women's abortion rights in Washington, DC on Friday.

At the rally, Kerry will ask attendees to join him in the fight by getting involved in his campaign.

But the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal: Kerry claimed in an interview he was "opposed to abortion" and how its an issue "that should be left for the states to decide."

MORE

Kerry told the LOWELL SUN in October, 1972: "...It's a tragic day in the lives of everybody when abortion is looked on as an alternative to birth control or as an alternative to having a child. I think that's wrong. It should be the very last thing if it has to be anything, and I say that not just because I'm opposed to abortion but because I think that's common sense."

Kerry declared: "I think the question of abortion is one that should be left for the states to decide."

In 1975, SUN reporter John Mullins outlined how Kerry believed there were larger issues than abortion including "how to put people back to work, how to reduce crime and how to keep institutions from breaking down."

"'I think liberals spend too much time pushing issues which just aren't relevant to the mass of people,' Kerry said, including among such issues abortion, the death penalty and amnesty."

Mavdog
04-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Do you have the same opinions today that you had 22 years ago?

Do you expect that a person will keep throughout their lives every thought at 22 years of age or should a person grow and change over time?

Of all the candidates for president, I'd expect Kerry was at age 25 the only one to even know what "state's rights" meant.

FishForLunch
04-22-2004, 09:38 PM
For Kerry it would be more appropriate to ask

Do you have the same opinions today that you had 2 years ago?

Do you expect that a person will keep throughout their lives every thought at 60 years of age or should a person grow and change over two years?

... and yes you want to point out Kerry is smarter than Bush.

Mavdog
04-22-2004, 09:47 PM
It's odd you keep saying "2 years ago". but what you posted says 30 years ago. I can only assume you agree with my above observations.

I didn't say that Kerry is smarter than Bush. I did (correctly) point out that Kerry was more serious and focused at 25 years of age.

dude1394
04-22-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by: Mavdog

Do you expect that a person will keep throughout their lives every thought at 22 years of age or should a person grow and change over time?

Of all the candidates for president, I'd expect Kerry was at age 25 the only one to even know what "state's rights" meant.

Nope but you have to admit. This stuff just keeps on coming out. The democrats will learn AGAIN, that a senator makes an absolutely rotten presidential candidate. He's toast.

Chiwas
04-26-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm almost 100% against the abortion, but this pic es impressive.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5103/womenbush.JPG

"Women against Bush"

madape
04-27-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by: Chiwas
I'm almost 100% against the abortion, but this pic es impressive.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5103/womenbush.JPG

"Women against Bush"

Somewhere in that crowd, a young John Kerry is cursing America.

kg_veteran
04-27-2004, 02:16 PM

It is funny, though, that almost every opinion this guy has seems to change.

Drbio
04-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by: kg_veteran

It is funny, though, that almost every opinion this guy has seems to change.

And most of them change more often than every 20 years. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

dude1394
04-27-2004, 08:15 PM
flip......flop....

Murphy3
04-27-2004, 10:47 PM
Kerry seems to backtrack alot. Does he post here at d-m.com?

Max Power
04-27-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by: Murphy3

Mavstalk

Murphy3
04-28-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by: Max Power

Originally posted by: Murphy3

Mavstalk

Has anyone seen David in awhile? Could Kerry and David be the same person?