PDA

View Full Version : Nice college paper here

dude1394
04-28-2004, 10:12 PM
There really IS a difference between the red and blue states I think (http://www.dailycollegian.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/04/28/408f27f0591be?in_archive=1)

Pat Tillman is not a hero: He got what was coming to him

By Rene Gonzalez
April 28, 2004

When the death of Pat Tillman occurred, I turned to my friend who was watching the news with me and said, "How much you want to bet they start talking about him as a 'hero' in about two hours?" Of course, my friend did not want to make that bet. He'd lose. In this self-critical incapable nation, nothing but a knee-jerk "He's a hero" response is to be expected.

I've been mystified at the absolute nonsense of being in "awe" of Tillman's "sacrifice" that has been the American response. Mystified, but not surprised. True, it's not everyday that you forgo a $3.6 million contract for joining the military. And, not just the regular army, but the elite Army Rangers. You know he was a real Rambo, who wanted to be in the "real" thick of things. I could tell he was that type of macho guy, from his scowling, beefy face on the CNN pictures. Well, he got his wish. Even Rambo got shot in the third movie, but in real life, you die as a result of being shot. They should call Pat Tillman's army life "Rambo 4: Rambo Attempts to Strike Back at His Former Rambo 3 Taliban Friends, and Gets Killed." (more)

Murphy3
04-28-2004, 10:17 PM
This guy is a grad student? How did he make it that far?

u2sarajevo
04-28-2004, 10:20 PM
I think we have found reeds "hero".

MavKikiNYC
04-29-2004, 07:31 AM
Nothing to worry about--he's just one of those UMass underachievers.

Drbio
04-29-2004, 08:31 AM
I'd like to stick my foot as far up his arse as it will go.......about 1,743 times.

What a dipsh*t.

reeds
04-29-2004, 11:52 AM
"I think we have found reeds "hero"." U2- that was a MORONIC statement from you.. I did state that some in this war were NOT heros...Obviously Tillman did not fall into the non-hero class...

kg_veteran
04-29-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by: reeds
"I think we have found reeds "hero"." U2- that was a MORONIC statement from you.. I did state that some in this war were NOT heros...Obviously Tillman did not fall into the non-hero class...

It was a moronic statement from the writer -- perhaps that's why U2 thought he might be your hero.

ItalianMobbstah187
04-29-2004, 01:45 PM
If I ever find this pansy, I'ma take him to the streets of Brooklyn where I grew up and have me and my boys show him what a Real American is. F*ck this idiot, deport his ass i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

dalmations202
04-29-2004, 02:14 PM
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

- Samuel Adams
American Patriot & Politician 1722 - 1803

reeds
04-30-2004, 11:47 AM
Because my views differ from yours, Im moronic? Grow up KG

kg_veteran
04-30-2004, 12:19 PM

No, not because our views differ.

Evilmav2
04-30-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by: kg_veteran

No, not because our views differ.

Hahaha... That's classic...

reeds
04-30-2004, 08:31 PM
KG and EvilMav..you two are the shit..I wish I could grow up and be just like both of you..someday if God willing it happens, I will be the happiest guy alive...I would luv to wake up one day and say " I am a moderator of the Mavs board" and your not!! Or I could also be like EvilMav too, that would be almost as cool..

But life sucks, I will go on being bashed...poor poor me..I really cant handle this...You guys win...your the best right wing cowboys in the whole wide world. I should have known better than to mess with TEXAS- god knows thats a bad thing to try...I learned my lesson..i will bow down to the Message board kings...

dude1394
04-30-2004, 09:02 PM
There's always democraticunderground...