PDA

View Full Version : How Ironic a Confessed Soldier who Committed Atrocities gets a Petition to Fire Rumsfeld

dude1394
05-10-2004, 08:02 PM
This man has gotten 275,000 people to sign a petition to force Rumsfeld to resign. So the question is what kind of integrity does this man have. Here is his description of his service.

""There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages."

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Some 275,000 people have signed a petition launched by Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) calling for US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld to resign over the Iraqi prisoner abuse scandal, his campaign director said.

More than 275,000 supporters signed our petition," said Mary Beth Cahill in a statement. "Americans want accountability and responsibility at the highest levels of our government."

Calls have multiplied for Rumsfeld to resign after images of Iraqi prisoners being abused by US personnel at Abu Ghraib prison in Baghdad were made public, scandalizing opinion worldwide, especially among Arabs.

US President George W. Bush (news - web sites), who has promised a "full accounting" over the scandal, defended Rumsfeld, saying he was doing a "superb job".

Kerry also has questioned Bush's right to lead in the wake of the scandal.

Wouldn't want to mess with actually trying to figure out what happened however. Too busy trying to beat bush.

FishForLunch
05-10-2004, 10:58 PM
This guy must be following Kerrys lead after he came back from Vietnam. I am sure he will be welcomed to the Democratic party, once the lairywer tell us know how he was not loved as a child, and was forced to play with his sisters Barbie dolls.