PDA

View Full Version : Political affiliations

FishForLunch
05-13-2004, 10:25 PM
My wife is a rabid environmentalist, my best friend from college is Kerry Volunteer. While I am a strong Bush supporter. Does any one in this political lounge have similar situations.

u2sarajevo
05-13-2004, 10:31 PM
My dad and his wife are staunch liberal Democrats. I often think my father thinks he failed in raising me.

I just love to talk politics with them. Holidays are a hoot, especially when my step-mom gets drunk and wants to have her yearly discussion of pro-death with me.

My wife pretty much is in line with my views... and all three of my children are red-blooded American Republicans. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

dude1394
05-13-2004, 10:31 PM
My wife is a rabid non-political person, a complet pacifist. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law are ridiculously liberal. Noam Chomsky and all. whew. Lets' just say that we have been forbidden by the womenfolk to talk about politics at all!.. Probably the right decision.

My late mom was my co-hort conservative buddy and my wife's grand-parents (bless their hearts) are also conservative.

However I've done my duty...My son and daughter are pure texan red staters. So I've increased the goodness of the world by 2. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

dude1394
05-13-2004, 10:32 PM
You go U2. Dang I knew I should have had 6 kids!!

LRB
05-14-2004, 12:46 AM
My girlfriend is slightly liberal leaning independent, I have a cousin who is a flaming democrat, and an aunt and uncle who are just regular democrats. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif Most of the rest of my family are conservative. I have several friends who are liberal or in the case of one a libertarian.

MavKikiNYC
05-14-2004, 06:36 AM
My best friend's favorite filmmaker is Michael Moore. It gives me a rigor to think about it.

madape
05-14-2004, 08:20 AM
My Dad is a member of the NAACP. No joke.