PDA

View Full Version : A patriotic american---Joe Lieberman

dude1394
05-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Maybe it's because Joe understands what terrorism is all about. What a shame that the democratic party cannot live up to his show of patriotism.

Most Democrats and Republicans, including President Bush and Sen. Kerry, agree that we must successfully finish what we have started in Iraq. Now is the time for all who share that goal to make our agreement publicly clear, to stress what unites us. Many argue that we can only rectify the wrongs done in the Iraqi prisons if Donald Rumsfeld resigns. I disagree. Unless there is clear evidence connecting him to the wrongdoing, it is neither sensible nor fair to force the resignation of the secretary of defense, who clearly retains the confidence of the commander in chief, in the midst of a war. I have yet to see such evidence. Secretary Rumsfeld's removal would delight foreign and domestic opponents of America's presence in Iraq.

Murphy3
05-14-2004, 08:21 PM
He uses common sense. Unfotunately, those to the far left do not.

reeds
05-14-2004, 10:17 PM
Too far right to be a real Democrat..but that is why u guys like him so much- makes sense

kg_veteran
05-14-2004, 10:51 PM
Unless there is clear evidence connecting him to the wrongdoing, it is neither sensible nor fair to force the resignation of the secretary of defense, who clearly retains the confidence of the commander in chief, in the midst of a war. I have yet to see such evidence. Secretary Rumsfeld's removal would delight foreign and domestic opponents of America's presence in Iraq.

A man with some common sense.

LRB
05-15-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by: reeds
Too far right to be a real Democrat..but that is why u guys like him so much- makes sense

No, just not far enough left to be a total brainless whacko that wants to make America look bad and promote his own political agenda while abandoning many of the morals espoused by our society as being fair. If being fair means you aren't a good Democrat, then God help us all if the good Democrats ever gain control of the government.

reeds
05-15-2004, 09:23 AM
"If being fair means you aren't a good Democrat, then God help us all if the good Democrats ever gain control of the government. " IF is not the question- its WHEN...