PDA

View Full Version : Vince wants to be a Knick (along with very one else)

Jamisonite
07-30-2004, 03:14 PM
Despite Toronto general manager Rob Babcock's insistence that their star player Vince Carter will return to the Raptors, a person close to the Raptors' All-Star swingman insists that Carter is trying to force a trade to New York. According to the source, Carter is expected to announce publicly that he wants to be traded after his Charity game in Canada.

Knicks president Isiah Thomas has refused to comment on the rumor.

That same source has indicated the Raptors would like to move Carter to Seattle for Ray Allen. Carter does not want to be a Sonic and would prefer to be in New York.

Interestingly enough, just a few weeks ago knicks.realgm.com first broke the story on a rumored 3-way between the Sonics, Raptors, and Knicks that would have Vince Carter winding up in New York.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this from realgm.com...what do u guys think??

scorched03
07-30-2004, 03:16 PM
knicks are way up on cap, have crappy old players

yet everyone wants to play with them and they're in every trade conversation.

how??? that sucks, i wouldn't trade for a knick even in fantasybball land, let alone having actualy financial risk in the players they have

vinnieponte
07-30-2004, 03:30 PM
ditto what else can I say, they suck, and it just doesn't make sense to go from one crappy team to another.

endtroducing
07-30-2004, 03:47 PM
anyone else forget that NY is a media machine? I seriously doubt they're in constant trade discussions with that piece of shit roster they have

Jamisonite
07-30-2004, 03:50 PM
Well if they land Dampier and Carter then they might actually have a decent team...

Marbury/ Frank Williams
Houston/ Penny
Carter/ Shandon Anderson
Muhommad/ The guy they drafted last year (the guy with the elton brand build)
Damp/ Mutombo

knowitall
07-30-2004, 04:02 PM
Players want to be in NY because it's a media machine. Endorsements, limelight=$$$

V
07-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Carter ain't playin for that coach.

EricaLubarsky
07-30-2004, 05:16 PM
If we had that kind of publicity and reputation, we would have landed 80% of the FAs we were shooting for. I just think it's incredible how little New York has to show for such a huge advantage like that.

P.S.- Fear the next coming of the '01-'02 celtics when Walker plays along side Carter! i/expressions/brokenheart.gif

FilthyFinMavs
07-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
If we had that kind of publicity and reputation, we would have landed 80% of the FAs we were shooting for. I just think it's incredible how little New York has to show for such a huge advantage like that.

P.S.- Fear the next coming of the '01-'02 celtics when Walker plays along side Carter! i/expressions/brokenheart.gif

It doesn't matter what your reputation is. If you don't have the cap space you just don't get big money players. Players aren't going to Payton/Malone you into joining your team for the exception. It's the same problem the Mavs have. Sure everyone would love to play for the Mavs but no one wants our 1.5 exception when their worth 10x that.

NYCdog
07-31-2004, 01:01 AM
I'm still "iffy" on this trade but.........you guys knew you was going see this sooner or later.

Here it is........a possible vision of the future.........

http://img17.exs.cx/img17/3552/carter_nyc.jpg

Evilmav2
07-31-2004, 02:07 AM
Man, that's pretty creepy seeing the towers in the background of your pic, NYCDog...

sike
07-31-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Man, that's pretty creepy seeing the towers in the background of your pic, NYCDog...
bingo.