PDA

View Full Version : Stack or Daniels?

Simon2
08-24-2004, 06:57 PM
If Finley is going to start at SF, why not start Stack at SG? I think he is a better scorer than Daniels. Not a better defender but a better offensive player. Shouldn't Stackhouse be starting over Daniels?

Jerry Stackhouse
Washington Wizards
Position: G-F
Height: 6-6 Weight: 218
College: North Carolina '97
Player file | Team stats

2003-04 Statistics
PPG 13.9
RPG 3.6
APG 4.0
SPG .92
BPG .12
FG% .399
FT% .806
3P% .354
MPG 29.8

Marquis Daniels
Dallas Mavericks
Position: G
Height: 6-6 Weight: 200
College: Auburn '03
Player file | Team stats

2003-04 Statistics
PPG 8.5
RPG 2.6
APG 2.1
SPG .95
BPG .21
FG% .494
FT% .769
3P% .306
MPG 18.6

uberfan
08-24-2004, 06:58 PM
I am in favor of whomever has the best training camp starts at all positions until they are beat out in practice or game performances.

EricaLubarsky
08-24-2004, 07:01 PM
I think he is a better scorer than Daniels. Not a better defender but a better offensive player.
exactly why he shouldnt start.

fin4life
08-24-2004, 07:04 PM
I dont think it matters, to me it is a win-win situation. Either player is capable of being a starter and either player is capable of being a great 6th man. It will just have to come down to training camp unless Nellie has already made a decision... which i believe he has. I expect Daniels to start.

cheesestar
08-24-2004, 07:04 PM
i choose daniels, the fiel goal % tell me evrything i need to know.

nowitzki_prophecy
08-24-2004, 07:08 PM
Im not that sure i rather have Finley than Stackhouse on the line-up,experiments should be made.

fin4life
08-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by: nowitzki_prophecy
Im not that sure i rather have Finley than Stackhouse on the line-up,experiments should be made.

Finley, Damp, and Dirk are starting... 100%. No need to discuss it everytime someone talks about starting daniels or stackhouse.

dude1394
08-24-2004, 07:12 PM
Let 'em go at it. whomever can handle being sixth man should be second. Logically to me it would be best to be stack. But I've read many, many comments around the message boards that stack will be our best creater, we may need him in there.

mary
08-24-2004, 07:14 PM
Honestly, I have no real preference at the moment.

I just hope at some point in the season Nelson figures out which starting line-up is workings the best and sticks with it. I don't want to here any of this "This is the Mav's 18th starting lineup!" crap next year.

Murphy3
08-24-2004, 07:19 PM
I like Stack's ability to get to the bucket and the foul line. Defensively, I think Daniels obviously has more upside, but the upside doesn't have to translate into him being a better defender this season. As for who starts, let those two along with Howard need to duke it out for the 3 spot.

grndmstr_c
08-24-2004, 07:21 PM
I just want to start games out well. Getting the best possible mix of guys to start out the game is more important to me than having a designtated scorer off the bench. My hunch is that we're going to be most successful if the choice between Stack and Quis is made on the merits of: 1) whichever one is playing more of a team game on offense, rather than which one is simply scoring the best (unless of course there's a wide differential in their efficiency, which is unlikely), and 2) whichever one is going be able to handle the varied defensive assignments they're likely to draw from night to night. At this point I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other who will end up being the best option.

Evilmav2
08-24-2004, 07:24 PM
I say we should give the starting nod to Stackhouse.

In my opinion, we would be hazarding potential locker room problems if we tried to make Stack play a bench role that he was uncomfortable with, I think Stack would thrive for us as a driving, scoring force of a two-guard, and I like the idea of Howard, Daniels, and Harris all learning and playing together as a bench unit.

pepperfletch
08-24-2004, 07:25 PM
The season will start that way , but it will NOT take Jerry long to be playing big minutes, Have you really watched his game?...Man when he is on, he is on...He does the very thing we have been demanding our 2's and 3's to do...TAKE IT TO THE RACK and draw fouls along the way. He will open up the middle and that will allow Dirk more domination. (Terry drive's well also) Isn't that what this offense has lacked?

He is simply years ahead of Daniels. What has Daniels done? 8 weeks of good play? Stack as averaged 29.3 points once in his career, over 20 for his career, made over two times the number of free throws as a GOOD player like Finley has, has been asked to change his game in Detroit and cut his shots by 7 and took his assists to almost 7... Was asked to play the three in washingtopn and until he was injured, did so. Yes he vocalized along the way, but HE DID IT....

He is excited about coming here and will earn his minutes...He will not be playing out of position and will not be a cancer. Stack has a great opportunity to HELP Dirk and Finley get us to the playoffs and beyond. He, like Mike, whant's that ring and they need to do it very soon.... I think he will be this years comeback player of the year or NBA 6th man... If he does not earn the starter role...

I think Stack, Finley, Daniels and Howard all play plenty of minutes and all contribute...

Man it is going to be a fun year.... ( And I have not even mentioned the Dampier positives, Terry positives and most of all ...with no other fours here...THE DIRK POSITIVES - the biggest plus of all..

MAN bring on the west...

nowitzki_prophecy
08-24-2004, 07:29 PM
Finley, Damp, and Dirk are starting... 100%. No need to discuss it everytime someone talks about starting daniels or stackhouse.

Maybe it'll start like this,but i think that this year Finley's place isn't as secured as it was the past few years.

Murphy3
08-24-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
I say we should give the starting nod to Stackhouse.

In my opinion, we would be hazarding potential locker room problems if we tried to make Stack play a bench role that he was uncomfortable with, I think Stack would thrive for us as a driving, scoring force of a two-guard, and I like the idea of Howard, Daniels, and Harris all learning and playing together as a bench unit.

I'm much more excited about Stack being on the team now that the Mavs have acquired a big man AND a point guard. I didn't think that there was a snowball's chance in hell that the Mavs could bring in Dampier while giving up virtually nothing off of the roster besides a tradeable commodity in Laettner. I'm absolutely thrilled about Stack taking the ball to the rim and getting to the line. Look for his FG% to go up now that he's playing on a team with more options offensively.

fin4life
08-24-2004, 07:35 PM
Although this wont be a starting lineup and it will only happen for about 8 minutes per game, but.... Nellie is going to go small and play either stack or howard or Fin at PF. He is not afraid to do a Terry/Daniels/Fin/Howard/Damp lineup in certain games while dirk is on the bench.

Although we now have a center.... small ball might very well be alive!!!

endtroducing
08-24-2004, 07:55 PM
Fin back to the 2, Stackhouse at SF. quite simply, no one on this roster can drive and create like him...I think he'll be a KEY piece of our success this year. a healthy Stackhouse draws double teams, leaving at least two of the Dirk, Terry, Dampier, and Finley unit a wide open oppourtunity to get their shot off.

Daniels, even when he's 'on,' doesn't do that.

Evilmav2
08-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by: endtroducing
Fin back to the 2, Stackhouse at SF. quite simply, no one on this roster can drive and create like him...I think he'll be a KEY piece of our success this year.

I think you are absolutely correct in asserting that Stack should be a hugely beneficial addition to our offense this year, but I would trade around your proposed starting spots.

Stackhouse has stated in the past that he can play the small-forward spot but doesn't feel as offensively effective there, as he is much better able to take advantage of his height and strength advantages against the smaller defenders he faces at the 2 spot. At the same time, Finley has been playing for the Mavs as our starting small-forward for much of the last four years, so I have to think that he would be much better suited to hold down that fort in the eventuality of a Terry-Jerry-Finley starting backcourt...

endtroducing
08-24-2004, 08:06 PM
as long as he starts, it's all gravy. starting at SG just allows him to dunk on McGrady's head more often...or, well, since he'll probably just blow by him...

V2M
08-24-2004, 09:02 PM
I'd like to see Terry/Stack/Fin/Dirk/Damp during the closing minutes of every game (unless, of course, if it's a blowout!).

Jho in place of Stack or Fin (whoever's not hot) if we need to clamp down a Kobe, TMac, Peja or Sprew.

Max Power
08-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by: nowitzki_prophecy

Maybe it'll start like this,but i think that this year Finley's place isn't as secured as it was the past few years.

Finley's place is more secure now than ever. He is the BEST shooter among the swing players.

sike
08-24-2004, 11:08 PM
start whichever player the other four guys play best with...

murph: I didn't think that there was a snowball's chance in hell that the Mavs could bring in Dampier while giving up virtually nothing off of the roster besides a tradeable commodity in Laettner.
I was right there with ya murph, donnie or cubes or whoever slapped this together looks like quite the genius...

Day1MavsFan
08-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Let the best man win. I just hope that Josh isn't left out in the cold.

giantbenmav
08-25-2004, 09:22 AM
I think Stackhouse would be the better 6th man than Daniels, because he can provide better scoring off the bench.....Daniels would be better for the first team offense and defense, because he will take less shots than Stackhouse, and that will get more shots to Dirk and Fin while they are on the court......let Stackhouse take his shots when he is out there with Bradley/Booth/Howard/Harris....

Sweet Daddy
08-25-2004, 09:34 AM
Nellie seems to like having a proven offensive player on the bench ... for that reason, I think it will be Stack as our 6th man.

EricaLubarsky
08-25-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by: giantbenmav
I think Stackhouse would be the better 6th man than Daniels, because he can provide better scoring off the bench.....Daniels would be better for the first team offense and defense, because he will take less shots than Stackhouse, and that will get more shots to Dirk and Fin while they are on the court......let Stackhouse take his shots when he is out there with Bradley/Booth/Howard/Harris....

an excellent point. Stackhouse would also perform a lot better against second string players- a lot like Penny Hardaway was doing in Phoenix except Stack has a lot more in his bag.

DCowboysGal
08-25-2004, 09:51 AM
J. Howard is a solid defender at the 3 while M. Finley is the better scorer. M. Daniels is a solid defender at the 2 while J. Stackhouse might be the better scorer. You need at least one good perimeter defender in the starting lineup who can guard the opposing team's SG/SF who is usually one of a team's best scorers. Therefore, I'd go with Daniels starting at the 2. Also, DAL needs at least one reliable scorer off the bench like Stackhouse as Harris and Howard are very young and therefore could end up providing a lot of stretches of impulsive and streaky hot-and-cold shooting. Also, the other two backup spots, ie. PF and C are going to be filled by Booth and Bradley, two players with very limited offensive games so it'll be up to the 1-2-3 spots to provide consistent offense. Stackhouse could especially provide a calming presence on the fast break as rookie PG D. Harris and 2nd-year SF J. Howard might be inclined to make poor decisions, ie. bad impulsive passes or shots due to their inexperience. Harris, Daniels, and Howard collectively off the bench at the 1-2-3 spots would pose problems for opposing teams with their speed and athleticism, but that group might also collectively make a lot of mistakes because of its youth, thereby killing any momentum the starting five has created during a game.

dalmations202
08-25-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by: DCowboysGal
J. Howard is a solid defender at the 3 while M. Finley is the better scorer. M. Daniels is a solid defender at the 2 while J. Stackhouse might be the better scorer. You need at least one good perimeter defender in the starting lineup who can guard the opposing team's SG/SF who is usually one of a team's best scorers. Therefore, I'd go with Daniels starting at the 2. Also, DAL needs at least one reliable scorer off the bench like Stackhouse as Harris and Howard are very young and therefore could end up providing a lot of stretches of impulsive and streaky hot-and-cold shooting. Also, the other two backup spots, ie. PF and C are going to be filled by Booth and Bradley, two players with very limited offensive games so it'll be up to the 1-2-3 spots to provide consistent offense. Stackhouse could especially provide a calming presence on the fast break as rookie PG D. Harris and 2nd-year SF J. Howard might be inclined to make poor decisions, ie. bad impulsive passes or shots due to their inexperience. Harris, Daniels, and Howard collectively off the bench at the 1-2-3 spots would pose problems for opposing teams with their speed and athleticism, but that group might also collectively make a lot of mistakes because of its youth, thereby killing any momentum the starting five has created during a game.

Nice and well thought out..........Thanks

Next question though? Do you want a slasher or jump shooter to start the game?

giantbenmav
08-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Daniels and Stackhouse could both be considered slashers..........but I would prefer at least one of the starting 5 to be able to take the ball to the hole....Stack can do that better than Daniels, but Daniels is not that bad at it himself

LRB
08-25-2004, 11:32 AM
The player who plays the best defense between Statck and Daniels should get the starting nod IMO. However, I really can't see Nellie every making the decision that way.

dmavsfan
08-25-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by: fin4life
Although this wont be a starting lineup and it will only happen for about 8 minutes per game, but.... Nellie is going to go small and play either stack or howard or Fin at PF. He is not afraid to do a Terry/Daniels/Fin/Howard/Damp lineup in certain games while dirk is on the bench.

Although we now have a center.... small ball might very well be alive!!!

I guess you are not aware of the new rule since we got Dampier! Any small ball talk will be punished with a life-time ban from this board!.i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif

Please....I beg you......no small ball talk!

Actually Nelson loves the (Celtics old brand) 6th man off the bench bringing energy. This is not a demotion in Nelson's mind. This is a big part of game strategy. I hope he can convince Stack to do it.....a la Jamison.

Cybertx
08-25-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by: DCowboysGal

Excellent point, except that Bradley would be in the doghouse and Nellie will play almost everyone at the backup C except Bradley, i would like finley to come from the bench he could probably outscore the other bench by himself.

GP
08-25-2004, 02:41 PM
I think everyone is going to be surprised about how good Stackhouse really is. That trade was just lopsided and will be proven as much. I think he'd make a nice Mav version of Vinnie Johnson. He is very explosive and has a tremendous all around game. My preferences would be to pair Daniels and Finley as starters and then to pair Howard and Stackhouse off the bench. But really if all 4 stay healthy you just can't go wrong any way you work this thing. This is the best set of swing players in the league IMHO.

DevinHarriswillstart
08-25-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by: sike
start whichever player the other four guys play best with...

murph: I didn't think that there was a snowball's chance in hell that the Mavs could bring in Dampier while giving up virtually nothing off of the roster besides a tradeable commodity in Laettner.
I was right there with ya murph, donnie or cubes or whoever slapped this together looks like quite the genius...

Apparently Avery Johnson had a big say in the deal. Too bad he was too busy to sign a contract i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

EricaLubarsky
08-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Apparently Avery Johnson had a big say in the deal. Too bad he was too busy to sign a contract

Which, along with a lot of dreaming makes me think that Cuban is really thinking about what role AJ will have. If AJ can fascilitate a trade of this magnitude he can sign his vet. minimum contract.

mavsman55
08-25-2004, 09:07 PM
I'd take Stackhouse as a starter over Daniels any day... the main reason being that Stackhouse is used to big minutes and him coming off the bench may cause locker room problems. Besides, he plays good defense and gets really ON from the field. An ideal situation for me would be to have Finley and Stackhouse share the role of second option behind Dirk.

IMO, Daniels hasn't really done much to deserve a starting spot over Stackhouse. Stackhouse is a 3-time all-star who's been paving his way through the entire NBA for several years. Daniels had a few great games last year and hasn't left a single thing to be desired. But due to sheer experience alone, Stack deserves the start.

Besides, not many teams would be able to handle the depth of our bench if we had Harris, Daniels, Howard, Henderson and Booth coming off the bench. Either way, we're solid this year.

mavsman221
08-25-2004, 09:44 PM
the fg percentage tells it all daniels starts, plus jerry stackhouse got much more playing time. marquis daniels this year will have better stats because he only began to get playing time after he proved himself and did fantastic.

LSMF
11-03-2008, 04:00 PM
We made the wrong decision...

Murphy3
11-03-2008, 04:28 PM
After reading this thread, I hate myself.

fluid.forty.one
11-03-2008, 04:30 PM
oh, I forgot add Avery locking Marquis in the doghouse to my "Why I loathe Avery Johnson" list.

LSMF
11-03-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm much more excited about Stack being on the team now that the Mavs have acquired a big man AND a point guard. I didn't think that there was a snowball's chance in hell that the Mavs could bring in Dampier while giving up virtually nothing off of the roster besides a tradeable commodity in Laettner. I'm absolutely thrilled about Stack taking the ball to the rim and getting to the line. Look for his FG% to go up now that he's playing on a team with more options offensively.

How times have changed LOL

fluid.forty.one
11-03-2008, 04:45 PM
How times have changed LOL

that's hilarious in hindsight. I think murph took the stackhouse failure harder than anyone.

Murphy3
11-03-2008, 04:53 PM
You know, he had a little something in his career. He was coming in at a time where the Mavs really needed someone to take the ball to the rim. But, we quickly found out that he was no longer that good at taking the ball to the rim...and when he did, the results weren't consistently that good.

With the Mavs, he basically turned into a jumpshooter that can't shoot.

horse900703
11-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Stack!

Rick41
11-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Horse is so random.

Dirkadirkastan
11-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Horse is so random.

Horse only reads the thread title, and maybe the first post in each thread, then he responds accordingly.

I've been saying this for awhile.

Rick41
11-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Its semi-retarded, yet funny at the same time.

Windmill360
11-03-2008, 05:57 PM
remember... at one point Daniels was touted as being BETTER than Howard.

I never had doubts about Daniels... come to think of it, we got trash out of that trade.

Usually Lurkin
11-03-2008, 06:11 PM
oooh, 8 and 3 on a crappy Indiana team. I'll still take Stackhouse.
We get crap production with fake toughness rather than crap production with fake thugness.

Dtownsfinest
11-03-2008, 10:30 PM
remember... at one point Daniels was touted as being BETTER than Howard.

I never had doubts about Daniels... come to think of it, we got trash out of that trade.

Isn't Croshere out on the streets right now? I hated the trade then and I hate it now. I do remember though Daniels was actually better than Josh. IMO anyway. Especially in the post season against the Kings. Daniels was a beast. I would've liked to see him play alongside Josh longer than they did.

Bayliss
11-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Marquis Daniels would be the starting 2 right now. Or the 6th-7th man. And he would HELP this team tremdously.

jthig32
11-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Tremendously? Wright and Marquis are really similar players, and given Wright's age, salary and other skills I'd much rather have him.

Bayliss
11-04-2008, 12:20 AM
I meant having both.

bernardos70
11-04-2008, 01:21 AM
How I wish I had in pitched in with my love for Marquis' game....... I was one of the few who were very upset with trading Marquis. Oh well.

Thespiralgoeson
11-04-2008, 03:47 AM
Marquis Daniels would be the starting 2 right now. Or the 6th-7th man. And he would HELP this team tremdously.

I like Quis, but really, the last thing we need is another guard who can't shoot.

bernardos70
11-04-2008, 11:06 AM
The thing is Marquis doesn't just contribute in scoring..... something our 2's already DON'T do. I was irate then about the trade, and I'm just as indignated about it now.

jthig32
11-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Marquis is Antoine Wright except three years older and much more expensive (and apparantly much, much dumber). There is no reason to have two of those players on your team. Let it go.

bernardos70
11-04-2008, 11:37 AM
I don't think Wright would be starting for Indiana. And quis takes it to the rack way more often than Wright does, and he's more clever on his way there.

jthig32
11-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Quis is only starting right now because of injury. Quis is a backup SG that can't shoot that is making over mid level exception money.

shaw-xx
11-04-2008, 06:51 PM
I really hope Quis will play consistently and hold on to the starting position on Pacers roster this year.

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
11-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Trade Stack for Daniels.

jayC
11-05-2008, 07:05 PM
I want no part of stack or Daniels. Let guys who can still play, play.

LSMF
11-06-2008, 05:33 PM
I really hope Quis will play consistently and hold on to the starting position on Pacers roster this year.

Yea me too, I always watch a couple of Indy games just to see how Marquis is doing.

catsil
11-06-2008, 07:02 PM
I thought Daniels was a good find and would be a solid player. Turns out he became mediocre, so perhaps it wasn't that bad to let him go. But I remember when Dallas had waves of athletic long armed swingmen and seemed like they can create lots of steals. Josh was more concerned in playing the passing lanes then instead of jacking up shots

SeriousSummer
11-06-2008, 07:51 PM
No thank you. I'll just have a glass of water, please.

No ice. Thank you.

LSMF
11-23-2008, 02:57 PM
This dude Quis just had back to back 25 pt games while Stack sits in a suit...

DevinHarriswillstart
11-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Quis is having a good season. Let's see if he can keep it up.

AxdemxO
11-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Quis is the mann and since Stack isnt playing and seems to be slowing down..Id take Quis back in a minute

The trade that involved him was stupid in the first place

dude1394
11-23-2008, 03:29 PM
I never really understood why Marquis was traded unless he got crossways with the littlest Napoleon...which I suspect was the case.

Stack for Marquis??? I mean unless you see stack as being needed for something else...sure.

LSMF
11-23-2008, 03:45 PM
I never really understood why Marquis was traded unless he got crossways with the littlest Napoleon...which I suspect was the case.

Stack for Marquis??? I mean unless you see stack as being needed for something else...sure.

Yea I never understood it either, I think Avery just didn't like Quis. And I don't think he liked Devin either, or Kidd. But Avery did like Avery though.

FINtastic
11-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Yep, my boy Quis has been getting some redemption in Indiana right now. I've read that he's also helped out Granger by guarding the best offensive wing player the Pacers go against so Granger can focus his energy on offense.

FINtastic
11-23-2008, 03:49 PM

I think you probably hit the nail on the head. Quis never could stay healthy, and I think that might have gotten him in Avery's doghouse as it seemed he started questioning Quis' toughness.

grndmstr_c
11-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Stack for anything useful would be a good thing right now. Don't want to rush into it, though. Trade possibilities start to open up after Dec. 15th, and the Mavs are still trying to get a feel for what the young guys can, and will be able to do moving forward.

fluid.forty.one
11-23-2008, 04:07 PM
daniels~~~

catsil
11-23-2008, 08:29 PM
You're all saying if only Marquis stayed.. but there are so many factors. He may not have blossomed at all. Can the Mavs keep his contract? Would you be patient enough going through his two years of mediocrity? Thats why the Blazers traded Jermaine O'Neal..
Remember, back then we also needed a backup to Dirk, where Croshere would have been a great fit in The Year of The Finals. Of course in hindsight you'd keep Daniels in the current roster, but the deal made sense back then. No one has a crystal ball.

dirno2000
11-23-2008, 09:38 PM
I think you probably hit the nail on the head. Quis never could stay healthy, and I think that might have gotten him in Avery's doghouse as it seemed he started questioning Quis' toughness.

I questioned it too. I got the impression that he wouldn't play unless he was 100% healthy. Avery liked him as a player and put a lot of time into developing him. Remember, he coached the summer league in order to work more closely with Quis one summer.

After it became clear that we didn't feel we could trust him as a starter there was no reason to pay him mid-level money so we dumped him for a player with a shorter contract.

Another thing that people forget about the Daniels trade is that we also brought in Anthony Johnson. At the time that looked like a great pick up. He was a back up PG coming off consecutive seasons where he'd posted a PER of over 14 and a 40 point playoff outing against Kidd and the Nets. Unfortunately when he got here he forgot how to play basketball.

jthig32
11-23-2008, 09:48 PM
The Mavs actually got Johnson in a separate trade later on. They sent Rawle Marshall and SuperSpare for him I think.

Definitely agree on Daneils though. The prevailing thought was that he was unwilling to play through any kind of nick. His neck strain that kept him out forever was the injury I remember being most frustrated about.

cinemablend
11-23-2008, 09:51 PM
What DID we get int he Daniels trade??

dirno2000
11-23-2008, 09:55 PM
The Mavs actually got Johnson in a separate trade later on. They sent Rawle Marshall and SuperSpare for him I think.

Definitely agree on Daneils though. The prevailing thought was that he was unwilling to play through any kind of nick. His neck strain that kept him out forever was the injury I remember being most frustrated about.

Yea, you're right. But wasn't that thought to be one of those under the table pre-agreed deals? Or, could he players in the second deal have been included in the original deal? For some reason I remember us talking about Anthony Johnson but it couldn't go through until later.

Tokey41
11-23-2008, 10:34 PM
We got Johnson for a second round draft pick I believe. AJ2, Croshere... how we won so many games with such a horrible (yet overated) bench i'll never know. Hell, we started Greg Buckner at the two, in hindsight it doesn't make much sense.

I'd actually rather have Stack right now. I have a feeling his expiring contract will prove very useful to us obtaining a quality player, ideally better than either Stack or Quis.

Kidd Karma
11-24-2008, 12:12 AM

Croshere

EricaLubarsky
11-24-2008, 12:20 AM

For one thing we got rid of Daniels who was supposedly corrupting Howard and generally being a bonehead on the court.

Kidd Karma
11-24-2008, 12:25 AM
For one thing we got rid of Daniels who was supposedly corrupting Howard and generally being a bonehead on the court.

Yep, then again Howard did a good job of it last year. Definitely when you have teammates on the same page in terms of being a bonehead....aka Jail Blazers, you need to somehow break it up.

mavsfan1000
11-24-2008, 12:35 AM
And yet Howard had his best year with Daniels on the team.

jthig32
11-24-2008, 08:23 AM
We got Johnson for a second round draft pick I believe. AJ2, Croshere... how we won so many games with such a horrible (yet overated) bench i'll never know. Hell, we started Greg Buckner at the two, in hindsight it doesn't make much sense.

I'd actually rather have Stack right now. I have a feeling his expiring contract will prove very useful to us obtaining a quality player, ideally better than either Stack or Quis.

We got a second round pick FOR Johnson. We traded Joshn Powell, SuperSpare and Rawle Marshall to get him originally.

Dirno, you may be right. It was odd that the two deals happened within two weeks of each other. I think there was some speculation at the time that maybe it was all one deal that couldn't be done as such under the CBA.

spreedom
11-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Quis is putting numbers up, sure, but he's also in a contract year, and has been injured/horrible each of the past two seasons since arriving in Indy... I think we'd have all of the same complaints for him that we currently have for Stack is he was still here as well. No thanks!

erdubya
11-24-2008, 10:07 AM
We got a second round pick FOR Johnson. We traded Joshn Powell, SuperSpare and Rawle Marshall to get him originally.

Whoa...Rawle Marshall. Haven't heard that name in a MINUTE! I always thought that kid had something special. I wonder what happened to him.

dude1394
11-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Whoa...Rawle Marshall. Haven't heard that name in a MINUTE! I always thought that kid had something special. I wonder what happened to him.

Rawle Junior Kalomo Marshall (born February 20, 1982 in Georgetown, Guyana) is an American professional basketball player. He is a 6 ft 7 in (200 cm) and 190 lb (86 kg) swingman. He currently plays with Croatian club Cibona Zagreb in the Adriatic League and the Euroleague.

LSMF
11-24-2008, 11:50 AM

I don't believe Marquis was corrupting Howard one bit, I can see them partying and stuff but "corrupting" is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

LSMF
11-26-2008, 03:14 PM

Speaking of Rawle Marshall...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6elu3pNWAo

SMC0007
11-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Speaking of Rawle Marshall...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6elu3pNWAo

Nice, So Rawle did do something of significance, somewhere. :)

cinemablend
11-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Croshere

Wow we got screwed. Yet another reason Donnie should be fired.