PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Steve Nash

mavsfanforever
08-24-2004, 10:34 PM
We did not have this thread while we had this for every scrub that played for mavs. Nash gave 100% in every game he played. He was part of the mavs that turned around the franchise. People talk about Walker's legacy -- sheesh. Nash is the best PG that ever played for Mavs.

Nash got a better deal and he left the mavs( he did gave Mark Cuban a chance to match that offer). Something most of us do in our daily jobs or business. I also heard that Nash will be a father of twins. Afterall Family comes before anything. Nash worked his a$$ off in every game and gave everything he had and I agree he was deficiant in his defensive skills but he made an attempt to be the best defender he can be. He more than won the share of games which we never thought we would win.

Some games I can remember and feel free to add whatever you remember:

1). Spurs vs Mavs - Nash hits a game winning 3 to win the game at alamodome.

2). Nash carried in game 4 of the regular season against kings where we were gonna lose. Ofcourse Findog came up with the biggest rebound of the game to help Nash hit the 3 pt.

3). Playoffs with Jazz.

4). Playoffs with Wolves.

I can recall many games where his assist helped mavs to win the game.

Thank You Nash for being the best PG in mavs history(unless you think Derek Harper is better) and for playing your hearts out. This is just my opinion.

dirk2003
08-24-2004, 10:38 PM
Thanks for making mavs games more fun. Never liked the guy... so I wasnt surprised at the way he left.

sike
08-24-2004, 10:39 PM
perhaps a bit late for me to get the warm fuzzies, but he was the motor of this team for the past few years.....

SanAntonioMavericksFan
08-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
We did not have this thread while we had this for every scrub that played for mavs. Nash gave 100% in every game he played. He was part of the mavs that turned around the franchise. People talk about Walker's legacy -- sheesh. Nash is the best PG that ever played for Mavs.

Nash got a better deal and he left the mavs( he did gave Mark Cuban a chance to match that offer). Something most of us do in our daily jobs or business. I also heard that Nash will be a father of twins. Afterall Family comes before anything. Nash worked his a$$ off in every game and gave everything he had and I agree he was deficiant in his defensive skills but he made an attempt to be the best defender he can be. He more than won the share of games which we never thought we would win.

Some games I can remember and feel free to add whatever you remember:

1). Spurs vs Mavs - Nash hits a game winning 3 to win the game at alamodome.

2). Nash carried in game 4 of the regular season against kings where we were gonna lose. Ofcourse Findog came up with the biggest rebound of the game to help Nash hit the 3 pt.

3). Playoffs with Jazz.

4). Playoffs with Wolves.

I can recall many games where his assist helped mavs to win the game.

Thank You Nash for being the best PG in mavs history(unless you think Derek Harper is better) and for playing your hearts out. This is just my opinion.

5). Game 5 2003 WCF vs. Spurs - Nash hit a series of amazing shots, including the three to tie it up and swing momentum. That's the point when SA really fell apart.

StvNash13
08-25-2004, 12:00 AM
Great thread. It's nice to see that some of the fans on this board can look past the blind anger and naive notions and express their gratitude to a man who played his heart out every single night. Thank you Steve, you will be missed.

Day1MavsFan
08-25-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm right there with you MFF. It was a lot of fun watching Steve play. All those circus shots were great. Thanks Steve for playing your guts out.

FreshJive
08-25-2004, 12:16 AM
I'm going to miss those crazy old school runners, pullups, and layups that he always made. He's easily one of the most entertaining players in the game. He's one of the reasons I'm going to get League Pass this year.

jayC
08-25-2004, 12:21 AM
I am going to miss the big three, but not for long. Stevey was a clutch player, he seemed to always hit a big shot when we needed it. 2003 vs the Kings he and nick were lights out. I would have taken the money too, its human nature to do that. I still wish we could have gotten a home town discount then this offseason would have been an A +as it is its only a B.

sike
08-25-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by: jayC
I am going to miss the big three, but not for long. Stevey was a clutch player, he seemed to always hit a big shot when we needed it.
except in the most recent playoffs...

I still wish we could have gotten a home town discount then this offseason would have been an A +as it is its only a B.
not signing steve(for that money) was the right move...so I don't blame the front office....for what they had to work with and what they received and ended up with (so far) this off season moves receive a strong A.

fin4life
08-25-2004, 12:25 AM
I liked Nash and think he was a great player for the mavs. I dont blame him for taking the money and I dont blame Cuban for letting him walk. Both parties did what they had to do (I guess Nash didnt HAVE to go). Now that he is gone... I think that the mavs have done a good job in replacing him and the mavs will be just fine

dmavsfan
08-25-2004, 12:40 AM
Thanks for showing us that it is NOT about the money i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

OzMavs
08-25-2004, 07:05 AM
Thanks Nash. When your jersey was stolen from my fiance's car, I never considered that you'd be stolen from the Mavs in the same manner.

If anyone is an NBA merchandiser, can you please talk to the sports stores down in Australia, they're still selling Nash jerseys at full price, despite my protesting that he has been traded! They did mention that Shaquille O'Neal no longer plays for the Lakers and he could sell me some of his old jerseys for half price.

mary
08-25-2004, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the exit interview you did with the local media to let us know how much you enjoyed your time as a Dallas Maverick and appreciated the support and adoration of Dallas Maverick fans everywhere.

lonny22
08-25-2004, 08:22 AM
I'll miss Nash's crazy shots and good shooting %.

I still think he caused more problems for the offense with his dribbling than he helped. Just because he was always moving/dribbling did not mean the team had flow. They stood around a lot watching him go under the basket and around, etc.

It's fine with me that he's gone and he was the only one of the Big 3 I don't have a jersey for.

The man had guts and played his heart out. I appreciate that.

He has a creep for an agent and that reflects on him.

I was at that 2OT game at the 'dome. I thought Hardaway hit the winning shot.

Nash's clutch play in games is almost completely discounted by me because of how he came up short when playing the Kings (Except 2003).

mary
08-25-2004, 08:23 AM
Thanks for not blatantly overstating how much you wanted to remain a Maverick.

mary
08-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Thank you Steve Nash for this:

FG%/ 3P FG%/ STLS/ PTS

28, 50, 3, 14
56, 80, 2, 24
50, 0, 1, 22
40, 20, 2, 22
60, 75, 5, 36

V2M
08-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks Nash... for taking up PHX's cap room so they couldn't sign Dampier. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

But seriously... thanks for being the engine that made Mavs the best offense and the most fun team to watch. I'll miss your circus shots; the reckless 3s on a fast-break; the no-look passes and the fearless clutch shots. Adios and farewell!!

Simon2
08-25-2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks to Nash for welcoming Dirk and making him feel at home.

sike
08-25-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by: mary
Thanks for the exit interview you did with the local media to let us know how much you enjoyed your time as a Dallas Maverick and appreciated the support and adoration of Dallas Maverick fans everywhere.

Thanks for not blatantly overstating how much you wanted to remain a Maverick.
oh so bitter......Hell hath no fury indeed to compare i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Sweet Daddy
08-25-2004, 01:29 PM
Thx for leaving it all out on the floor every time you suited up. You were a pleasure to watch.

Thx, Steve Nash, the 2nd best point guard the Mavs ever had (props to DH, please).

Novice#41
08-25-2004, 02:51 PM
http://img52.exs.cx/img52/1430/thanks_STEVE.gif

Murphy3
08-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Thank you Steve Nash for first turning your back on the U.S. stating that we're supposedly in the war because of money/oil and then turning your back on the Mavericks when the 40-50 million bucks offered just wasn't enough.

I suppose your idealism that you preached about doesn't apply to your personal life. The phrase "do as I say, not as I do" definitely applies to you.

endtroducing
08-25-2004, 03:03 PM
steve nash hates america.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

madape
08-25-2004, 05:52 PM
Thanks for stabbing us in the back and leaving us out to pasture.

StvNash13
08-25-2004, 06:00 PM
How can people who are so knowledgeable about basketball be so ignorant about everything else???? Just because Steve Nash does not share your political views does not mean he hates America. And Nash didn't stab us in the back. That would be Carlos Boozer, ape. Nash gave us a chance to match, don't forget.