PDA

View Full Version : Payton arrested for investigation of DUI

MavsFanFinley
09-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Payton arrested for investigation of DUI

September 9, 2004

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Gary Payton was arrested last month for investigation of driving under the influence, the California Highway Patrol said Thursday.

The NBA star was stopped Aug. 28 after an officer saw him backing down an onramp on the San Diego Freeway to avoid heavy traffic caused by an accident, the CHP said.

Payton failed an alcohol sobriety test and was taken to the West Los Angeles Police Department, CHP officials said. He also was cited for unsafe backing and was released after a chemical test at the station. He is to appear in court Oct. 15.

The 36-year-old guard was traded from the Lakers to the Boston Celtics last month. He has threatened to retire rather than play for the Celtics.

Last year, Payton was charged with assault stemming from a fight outside a Toronto club in April 2003. A trial is pending. Payton was with the Milwaukee Bucks at the time.

Drbio
09-09-2004, 12:50 PM
What a moron.

Don't these guys know what a cab is? Or a chauffer?

EricaLubarsky
09-09-2004, 04:09 PM
It makes me mad when last Saturday I had a few too many beers so I borrowed my friend's bike and rode through downtown Tempe at 3am to make the roads safer, and people like Payton think they are above it.

Male30Dan
09-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
It makes me mad when last Saturday I had a few too many beers so I borrowed my friend's bike and rode through downtown Tempe at 3am to make the roads safer, and people like Payton think they are above it.

What a terrible person... What about all of those helpless cats and ducks walking across the street... You could have killed them you wreckless biker!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

irontoad
09-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by: Drbio
Don't these guys know what a cab is? Or a chauffer?

Exactly. You're a multimillionaire, pay the freaking fare, a hole.

bernardos70
09-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Example professional, responsible person, what a model citizen! Hey, I can settle if I run someone over, I'm filthy rich!

rakesh.s
09-12-2004, 01:42 AM
this guy is a punk on and off the court

i hope everyone remembers payton and cassell getting involved in a brawl outside a strip club in canada..this was during the 2002 season during the playoffs

sometimes i wonder..all these guys..they're married but do their wives even care about their husbands going to strip clubs and nailing groupies and the like?..the money must keep them happy ala mrs.bryant