PDA

View Full Version : SI article misleading if not outright false. Entire police interview is out in text.

LakerMania
09-14-2004, 04:14 PM
Link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/magazine/09/14/kobe0920/?cnn=yes)

The criminal case against Kobe Bryant is over, but the legal battle between Bryant and his accuser, and the wrangling between his lawyers and prosecutors, goes on. Last week Pamela Mackey, Bryant's lead attorney, was able to get a temporary restraining order that will -- for the time being, at least -- seal all arrest and criminal records from the Bryant case because, she argued, they include "highly sensitive, confidential, embarrassing and private matters."

SI has obtained the sealed statement made by Bryant and recorded by police before he was arrested. Among the details:

ē When he was questioned by two police officers in the parking lot of the Lodge and Spa at Cordillera in the early morning of July 2, 2003, Bryant, after first denying an encounter took place, admitted to "holding her around her neck from behind" and graphically described a series of sex acts he engaged in with his accuser.

ē As the officers and Bryant made small talk while walking to his room, Bryant told them he would pay his accuser to make the charges go away because "I'm in the worst f------ situation."

ē During the interview Bryant told police about "a girl in Virginia named 'Michelle'" with whom he said he had had a consensual sexual relationship.

ē In their summary of the conversation, police said Bryant told them that he should have paid the woman to keep quiet -- and mentioned another NBA player who he said had done that. Bryant said the player would pay women "not to say anything," and that he had spent up to a million dollars to get out of situations like Bryant's. Bryant told the police that he had never had to resort to paying hush money, stating that he "treats a woman with respect, therefore, they shouldn't say anything."

To date, Bryant's accuser hasn't said anything to a jury, and she probably never will. Because his lawyers negotiated a dismissal of the charges against Bryant with prejudice, he cannot be retried on the same sexual assault charges. And it's unlikely there will be a civil trial for her to testify in. The prospect of the release of the statement, which his attorneys worked so hard to have sealed, provides Bryant with a compelling incentive to seek a settlement, the terms of which may never be made public.

Issue date: September 20, 2004

Jeff Benedict, a frequent contributor to SI, is the author of Out of Bounds: Inside the NBA's Culture of Rape, Violence and Crime.

Well this doesn't make him look too good. i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

edit: here is the entire transcript of the police interrogation:

The following has been lightly edited for language and the most graphic details of the events as Bryant described them:

Kobe Bryant interview version 8/6/04
Detective Winters: Um, involving yourself and another party so ...
Bryant: What is it?
Detective Winters: Um well I donít really want to talk about it, here can we go back to our room and could we talk about it there?
Bryant: Yeah come on.
Detective Winters: Okay, all right.
Detective Loya: Whoís this gentleman here?
Bryant: Thatís one of my security guards.
Detective Loya: Okay. Do you mind if he stays with these officers here while we talk to you.
Bryant: Yeah sure.
Detective Loya: Okay. Hey Bri will you make, my cars locked. Will you check my car? Letís go to your room and then weíll, letís go to your room and then weíll talk about it there.
Bryant: Well ...
Soft unclear voices
(Unknown female voice): Want me to FI him?
Bryant: Inaudible.
Detective Winters: Okay. We have uh, well OK, look, let me uh, let me explain something okay. We have a ... we received a call earlier today with an allegation (unclear).
Unknown female voice: Okay.
Bryant: (Inaudible).
Detective Loya: ... Do you want me to hold those for you or are you all right?
Detective Winters: We received a call and took a report of a possible sexual assault allegation so we just want to talk to you about it and find out, yeah, find out your side of the the story and find out whatís going on.
Bryant: Whatís gonna happen?
Detective Winters: Whatís gonna happen?
Bryant: Yeah.
Detective Winters: Well right now nothingís happening at this time. We just want to find out, get your side of the story and figure out whatís going on, okay? We wanna, we wanna get out, what our policy is, is um, we get every side of every story. Okay. Um ...
Detective Loya: So thatís why we want to talk to you and get your side of the story.
Detective Winters: Yeah, get your side of the story and figure out whatís going on.
Detective Loya: But we donít want to do it in front of everybody, okay, that we wanted to go back to ...
Det. Winters: We donít to make a scene for you, cause we understand the situation.
Bryant: All right, cause itís personal. I donít understand whatís going on. What side of the story will you follow, what exactly?
Detective Loya: do you want to talk about it in front of everybody or do you wanna go into a room ... ?
Detective Winters: This is, this is your ...
Bryant: This is my career.
Det. Loya: So whereís your room at?
Bryant: Itís all the way on the other side man, I canít walk there.
Det. Loya: If we take it slow, can we ...?
Bryant: Thatís a long walk.
Detective Winters: Weíll just take it real slow.
Det. Loya: Did you have ...
Detective Winters: Whatever you want to do.
Det. Loya: Did you have knee surgery today or ...?
Bryant: Yes I did just today. (Inaudible) come on please.
Det. Loya: What they do, what they do?
Bryant: Um, cartilage.
Det. Loya: Cartilage?
Bryant: My bodyguards I got to, I got to tell them whatís going on, my biggest fear is my career and ...
Det. Winters: I understand.
Bryant: ... my image, so.
Det. Winters: ... very, very much so and weíre trying to respect that as much as we can all right.
Det, Loya: And this is how we work Kobe, weíre not, weíre not here to destroy your career or your image but we do have a serious matter at hand that weíd like to resolve and itís all gonna depend on your cooperation and how you want to resolve it.
Bryant: Well. Do I have to?
Det. Winters: Well, thatís up to you, I mean weíd like to find our your side of the story, weíll get into the details of it, weíll explain whatís going on. Um, but thatís all we want to do Kobe. (Unclear talking over).
Det. Loya: and thatís one of the reasons, and thatís one of the reasons, this is one of the reasons weíre up here at this time of night.
Bryant: Ask me what, ask me something, ask me anything.
Detective Loya: Were you with a female party last night?
Bryant: Um, I was with a lady who showed me around yes.
Detective Loya: Okay.
Detective Winters: Okay.
Bryant: I think her name was ... . Something like that.
Det. Loya: Okay.
Detective Winters: Thatís what weíd like to talk about okay.
Bryant: Her?
Detective Loya: Yeah.
Detective Winters: Can you tell us what happened?
Bryant: Did she say I did something to her?
Detective Winters: ... tell us what happened with her?
Bryant: Um, she showed me around the pool, showing me around, um, we went to my room, she showed me the back view where the bears come up to the window, and thatís about ... it, we shot the ... and that was it.
Detective Winters: Did you guys go back to your room?
Bryant: Yeah, cause she showed me where the, where the bears come up to the window, Iím like bears ... walk up to this ...
Bryant: ... and she showed me the bathroom.
Detective Loya: Did you guys have any kinda, when you guys were in your room what did you guys talk about? Who else was in your room. Was it just ... ?
Bryant: My knee, ... man, it was just us.
Detective Loya: Just you and her?
Detective Loya: What did you guys talk about?
Bryant: Just shot the @#%$, she asked me what I was here for, I told her my knee. She wanted to be a singer. Um, she had like, um her tattoo, with like music and instruments on it. ...
Detective Loya: Where at?
Detective Winters: Did you ask her, did you ask her to come back to your room last night when she checked you guys in?
Bryant: Come back to my room, yeah.
Detective Winters: To come back to your room to tour, to take you on a tour?
Bryant: To show me around, yeah.
Detective Winters: All right did you uh, um, and she did that?
Detective Winters: Um, she came back to your room and then uh, after the tour was over um, you guys went back to your room?
Bryant: Um, yeah, thatís when she showed me the tattoo.
Detective Winters: Where did her ...?
Detective Loya: OK. Where was her tattoo on her?
Bryant: Um, she had one on her ankle and she said she had one on her back and said it had notes.
Detective Loya: Okay. Did you see the one on her back?
Bryant: Um, yes she showed me.
Detective Loya: How did she show you?
Bryant: She had like a strap or whatever and she like lowered it. I told her to turn around and she lowered it and she showed me.
Detective Winters: Okay, all right um, did anything happen in the room?
Bryant: Like what?
Detective Loya: Uh, did you guys hug or kiss?
Detective Winters: Kiss or hug?
Bryant: No.
Detective Winters: Okay. Um. Iíll be blunt and ask you. Did you have sexual intercourse with her?
Detective Winters: Okay. Uh, what, okay, Kobe hereís, hereís what Iíd like to do okay. Um, yet there is an allegation that it was an unconsensual intercourse that occurred last night, okay. All right. Hang on, okay, hang on, I understand you have every right to be upset, okay, but you know, Iím giving you an opportunity to tell the truth if something did happen, because Iím gonna tell you now, um, weíre gonna find out.
Bryant: So, what, what ...?
Detective Winters: She, she submitted to, she submitted to an exam. Okay.
Bryant: OK, so now what happens. Okay listen ...
Detective Winters: Well, what we want ...
Detective Loya: Let us, let him explain everything first ..
Detective Winters: Let me explain to you, okay.
Detective Loya: ... and then weíll answer your questions Mr. Bryant.
Bryant: Okay.
Detective Winters: Okay, well, what Iíd like ...
Bryant: Is there any way I can settle this whatever it is, I mean ... ?
Detective Winters: Well, what do you mean by settle?
Bryant: If my wife, if my wife found out that anybody made any type of allegations against me she would be infuriated.
Detective Loya: Kobe ...
Bryant: Thatís all I care about.
Detective Winters: And I understand. ...
Bryant: What she says I donít care about. ...
Detective Winters: Mr. Bryant, and I understand your concerns and frustrations okay, I canít understand your position right now, but I do understand your concerns and frustrations (inaudible). But what I need you to do, what I need to talk to you about ...
Kobe: Weíre all right, weíre all right.
Detective Winters: ... what I need to talk to you about um, is this allegation, I need to find out if this actually happened. You know, for all that happened I mean it could have been a complete come-on. I mean she could have been leading things on or whatever.
Bryant: Okay, so whatever, all right but um ... what if this scenario (inaudible)
Voices talking over each other.
Detective Loya: Kobe, Kobe, Kobe, hey Kobe, come down here a sec.
Detective Winters: Well, I need you to explain something.
Bryant: (Inaudible) tell me something.
Detective Loya: Listen, listen, listen. Let me explain something to you. This is what happened okay. And this is whatís going to happen. Weíre gonna get to the bottom of it one way or another whether itís true or not.
Bryant: Okay, okay.
Detective Loya: She consented to an exam.
Detective Loya: Okay. We received blood, pubic hair ...
Detective Loya: Semen.
Detective Loya: All that.
Detective Winters: Weíve got physical evidence.
Detective Loya: Let me finish, okay. Let me finish. Let me finish okay. So, be straight up with me Kobe.
Detective Winters: We just want you to be straight up.
Bryant: (Inaudible), now, but listen, but listen.
Detective Loya: Listen to me first okay. Let me, let me explain it to you first okay. So is there any reason why any of your pubic hair ...?
Bryant: Well, Iím gonna tell you um, fellas ...
Detective Loya: Just be straight up, weíre not gonna tell your wife or anything like that. Did you have sexual intercourse with her?
Bryant: Uh, this is what I need to know because uh I did have sexual intercourse with her. Cause I was (inaudible whisper).
Detective Winters: And I understand.
Detective Loya: Okay, was it consensual?
Bryant: It was totally consensual.
Detective Loya: What makes you believe, what makes you believe it was consensual?
Bryant: Cause she started kissing me, (inaudible) then she bent over and (inaudible).
Detective Loya: Did she tell you, did she ...?
Detective Winters: All right. Okay, hang on, hang on. Okay. So what you are saying is ... tell me, tell me ...
Bryant: And on top of that, and on top of that, and on top of that she said I shouldnít be messing around (inaudible), no sooner (inaudible).
Detective Winters: All right. Tell me, tell me how, tell me, tell me what happened, tell me how it all came about.
Detective Loya: From the get-go.
Bryant: Um, we walked around, went to the room, started talking, she showed me the bedroom by the back (inaudible). I said actually Iíd like to go swimming in the pool, I said I ainít going by myself out there, youíre ... crazy (laughter with the officers) crazy I ainít going. ...
Detective Winters: (Laughter) Sure.
Bryant: She said well I have the key, I have to open it up if you want or whatever, I asked if she had any tattoos and she said yeah I have one on my back. And I said um, well can I see it, sheís like well I might have to show my ... if I show it to you but sheís like well maybe Iíll do that anyway and Iím like okay (inaudible) you know what I mean, and she gets up to leave or whatever and um, I said do me a favor um, I might want to go swimming and um, I might have my guys go swimming cause theyíre under restrictive order. (Inaudible) come back (inaudible) or whatever and uh sheís like all right cool, cool, cool. We were still only this close and she gets up and she gives me a kiss so I kiss her back and then you know I started caressing her or whatever and then she puts her hand on my you know my thing or whatever and it kinda goes from there.
Detective Winters: What do you mean it goes from there?
Bryant: It went from there, like, for example there was no ...
Detective Winters: Did you ask her, did you ask her, to give, um for her to give you a hug before she was here (inaudible) earlier?
Bryant: To do what?
Detective Winters: That you wanted a hug from her before, after she had got done giving you the tour. Or when, when did the hugging incident come up?
Bryant: I donít know.
Detective Winters: Yeah, did she ask you to give, did you ask her to give you a hug?
Bryant: We stood there and you know I pretty much (inaudible) like I donít know, I might have hugged you all, like, when you came up to me, and Iíd be like a hug, you know what I mean.
Detective Loya: Was just a friendly gesture?
Bryant: Right. I mean it looked like this, like OK, all right ... whatever ... you know ... she kissed me (inaudible).
Detective Winters: And I, and I donít disagree that any of that happened, okay. I do not disagree with it that any of that happened, okay.
Bryant: (Inaudible)
Detective Winters: ... okay, hear me out, okay. Um, itís possible that at some point that she may have told you no, I donít want to do this, yeah you know, maybe she did lead you on a little bit and she kissed you and then she said, and then she said now, I donít want to do ths, I donít want this to happen. Okay.
Bryant: (Inaudible) if she said that, I stopped, nope. No semen, no nothing.
Detective Winters: Did you finish?
Detective Loya: Well thereís always pre-ejaculation are you aware of that?
Bryant: Are you kidding me?
Detective Winters: Well ...
Detective Loya: Iím not kidding you, itís, they teach you that in seventh grade sex ed.
Bryant: We stopped cold. (Inaudible).
Detective Winters: How long did it go for?
Bryant: (Inaudible) five minutes maybe.
Detective Winters: Okay, all right. Now ...
Detective Loya: During that time did she ever say anything to you? Did she scream no stop I donít wanna do it?
Detective Winters: What was she saying?
Detective Loya: The best thing is to be straight up Kobe. That way we can resolve it.
Bryant: Okay. Iím thinking, Iím thinking. (Pause) Iím trying to think of the conversation we had (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Well okay.
Detective Loya: Did you ever have her from the back of her head or her neck? Were you ... ? What kind of intercourse was it?
Bryant: (inaudible) held her from the back? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
(Lots of voices talking over.)
Bryant: (Inaudible). All right um ... (inaudible)
Detective Loya: I donít want you to demonstrate.
Bryant: I held her from the back and I went like this.
Detective Loya: So what did you have around her neck?
Bryant: I had my right hand like this and my other hand like that.
Bryant: But ... (inaudible).
Detective Loya: How hard were you holding her?
Detective Winters: OK, all right.
Bryant: I donít know. My hands are strong. I donít know.
Detective Winters: Where did this take place at? Where did this take place in the room?
Bryant: Um, right in the front room. Right in the front room.
Detective Winters: Where was she bent over at?
Bryant: Thereís um, a little um, chair, like a cushion where you sit down, and she had her leg up, she bent herself over like this.
Detective Loya: Where were her hands, what were her hands holding up on?
Bryant: On the um, I assume over the, over the back of the chair.
Detective Loya: Okay. Did she, did you get any blood on you or anything like that?
Bryant: She didnít bleed, did she?
Detective Loya: Yeah, she had, she had a lot of bleeding.
Bryant: Youíve got to be kidding, from where?
Detective Loya: From her vaginal area.
Bryant: Did she cut herself or something, thereís no blood on me whatsoever man, matter of fact, I still have the boxers (inaudible) boxers, theyíre all white, thereís nothing on them. ...
Detective Winters: Is it okay if we take those, I means itís just gonna ... ?
Bryant: All right, all right, can I ask you a question though?
Detective Winters: Iíll let you ask some questions.
Bryant: I do not want it to get to the media.
Detective Winters: We donít either.
Detective Loya: Thatís why weíre here at this time of night.
Bryant: So how could that happen?
Detective Winters: And weíre doing everything we can to try to avoid this going out publicly. Weíre working on that okay. I, I donít know the answer to that right now okay, I canít promise you anything. I wish I could but I canít. Unfortunately it doesnít work that way in our line of work, okay?
Detective Loya: Hey Kobe, have you ever had any of these allegations made against you before?
Bryant: No. Are you kidding me?
Detective Loya: No?
Bryant: Never, I like, I treat everybody with the utmost respect, absolutely nothing. ...
Detective Winters: Huh, actually weíll be done here in a little while (talking to someone outside the room so ...
Detective Loya: Just hang tight to that other guy.
Detective Winters: I mean is it possible that at some point she could have told you no and you didnít quite hear her?
Bryant: No, absolutely not, absolutely not.
Detective Winters: Did you ever make the allegation that you like Vail Colorado when you were having sex with her?
Detective Loya: Did you ever ask her if you wanted, if you could ...
Bryant: Yes. Thatís when she said no. Thatís when she said no. Thatís when she said no.
Detective Loya: So what did, what did you say?
Detective Winters: What did you say, how did that, how did that come about?
Bryant: Um, you know, thatís when I asked if I could ..., she said no.
Detective Loya: So you like to ... ?
Bryant: Thatís my thing, not always, I mean, so I stopped. Jesus Christ man. (Inaudible).
Detective Winters: So how was this, how was this consensual, I mean, wha, wha, explain to me how this was consensual.
Bryant: It sounds pretty ... crazy to me. (Inaudible) and all that.
Detective Winters: Well no, no, no, no explain to me how you think this was consensual?
Bryant: How was it not, I mean she, we ...
Detective Winters: You mutually kissed thereís no question about that.
Bryant: We mutually kissed.
Detective Winters: Did you start ...?
Bryant: She bent herself over ...
Detective Winters: No, no, no, no. Okay, let me back up to the kissing, okay, at the kissing point okay, did anything escalate at that point, foreplay type issues, you know what Iím grabbing?
Bryant: Yeah, yeah, sure, sure, sure, sure.
Detective Winters: No she put her hand on my penis and thatís it, and then she started playing with that (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Okay. Okay. Um, did she give you oral sex or anything like that?
Bryant: Yes, she did.
Detective Winters: She did?
Bryant: She did.
Detective Winters: For how, when did that happen?
Bryant: For like 5 seconds. I said um, give me a blow job, um, and then (inaudible) kiss it (inaudible) she gave me a blow job.
Detective Loya: So the blow job lasted about 5 seconds.
Bryant: Yeah it was quick.
Detective Loya: Then what happened?
Bryant: Wait not, I mean like she was, kept on doing, I just told her to get up (inaudible) she didnít know what she was doing.
Detective Winters: Did you perform anything else on her?
Bryant: Did I?
Detective Loya: Did you perform oral sex on her or anything like that?
Bryant: I didnít do that.
Bryant: She said I did that to her?
Detective Winters: No, Iím not saying ...
Detective Loya: So you didnít use any kind of protection?
Bryant: Didnít have any. I know you guys are looking at me sketch (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Well, weíre just trying to sort out all the facts. Okay. Weíre trying to figure out (inaudible).
Bryant: (Inaudible) Iím gonna try, I tell you any ... thing you need to know (inaudible).
Detective Loya: Can we, can we keep walking to your room? Which way, is it this way?
Detective Winters: What Iíd like to do is Iíd like to get a little better, Iíd like to get out of here, I donít want people starting to call people, start calling people and go (inaudible)...
Detective Loya: Will you, will you let your security guards know youíre okay, and you donít need em?
Bryant: Yeah. What did she (inaudible).
Detective Loya: Okay, well letís talk about that in your room Kobe.
Detective Winters: Yeah.
Bryant: (Inaudible). What she (inaudible)
Detective Winters: Well for one, you just had your knee operated on today and I donít want to keep you standing out here.
Detective Loya: Letís go to your room and then weíll talk in detail, howís that?
Bryant: Just tell me yes or no did she (inaudible)?
Detective Loya: No, she didnít say. What time are you flying out tomorrow?
Bryant: Iím not (inaudible) if I knew (inaudible) knee (inaudible) have an appointment. Oh no. (Whispering.)
Detective Loya: Iím sorry. Not necessarily.
(A lot of background noise and whispering.)
Detective Loya: The security guards are here. Keep the guards here, the guns.
Bryant: (Inaudible) real quick.
(One of Kobeís security, more likely Mike Ortiz): Are you okay or ... ?
Detective Loya: Do me a favor and hang out with these guys here okay.
Detective Winters: Weíll try to get this all sorted out okay.
Bryant: How quickly can you do that?
Detective Winters: Weíre working on that as quickly as we can.
Bryant: Whatever I need to do without making this thing public, I will do man. I donít care what it is man. I will do it.
Detective Loya: Well, if it becomes pubic itís gonna be issues for you. Thereís only so much we can do to prevent that.
Detective Winters: What kind of surgery did you have?
Bryant: Orthoscopic.
Detective Winters: ACL or NCL?
Bryant: Cartilage.
Detective Loya: Do they send everybody out her for ... for it?
Bryant: No itís just um, we did a lot of research and found out that these guys are the best.
Detective Winters: Have you been keeping it because I havenít heard anything really about it.
Bryant: Yeah, weíre trying to keep it quiet, (inaudible) my shoulder operated on.
Detective Winters: You gonna be ready for the season?
Bryant: I donít know man, I donít even know if Iíll be able to play this season with this ... going on. If it becomes public Iíll lose my wife. ...
Detective Loya: How long have you been married?
Bryant: ... and all my endorsements.
Bryant: Two years. My wife and daughter, them mean everything man, everything man, up an until now (inaudible).
Detective Loya: Well, did you think about that before what you were doing though? Itís a chance you take when you play.
Bryant: It was consensual, there was nothing weird you know what I mean.
Detective Winters: Did she say anything to do to provoke any of this to happen?
(Elevator door ringing.)
Bryant: She said she wanted to, you know, she hoped that I would ... her.
Detective Winters: When did she say that?
Bryant: Iím trying to think how it came about, how ...
Detective Winters: Is that your stuff?
Bryant: Yeah thatís mine. I canít believe this girl. What does she want from me?
Detective Loya: Do you want me to carry those for you Kobe?
Bryant: Yeah. What does she want, what does she want?
Detective Winters: I donít think she wants anything.
Detective Loya: What are you willing to give her?
Bryant: She has to want, she has to want something (inaudible) she has to want something.
Detective Winters: What do you mean she has to want something? I donít understand.
Bryant: She has to have a, she has to have a motive, to do, she has to have a motive to do this.
Detective Winters: What would be, what do you think her motive is then?
Detective Loya: Are you willing to pay that if she is?
Bryant; I got to. I got to. Iím in the worst ... situation.
Detective Loya: They donít have any lights in this place? (Chuckle) Why donít you have a seat Kob.
Bryant: These are my boxers, these are them.
Detective Loya: That you wore yesterday?
Detective Winters: What about these clothes? Are those the clothes you wore yesterday?
Detective Winters: What about your shirt?
Bryant: I wore this shirt.
Detective Loya: You wore that @#%$.?
Bryant: Yeah, Iíve been wearing this shirt for like a week cause I went to New York and then um, I had an examination for my knee and (inaudible) have me come out here, so I donít have any clothes, so Iíve been wearing this shirt for like, Iíve been wearing this shirt off and on all the time (inaudible).
Detective Winters: I understand. Okay.
Detective Loya: Why donít you have a seat right here. Have a seat here and put your leg up.
Detective Winters: You need a drink of water or use the bathroom or anything like that?
Detective Winters: Okay. Um, I think we pretty much go the gist of, of what happened, um, what I want you to tell us about what happened during, during all of this that went on last night.
Bryant: Thatís the chair she bent over. (Inaudible).
Detective Winters: OK, how was she bent over?
Bryant: She had leaned right here and she was um, (inaudible).
Detective Loya: And you were ... ?
Detective Winters: Behind.
Bryant: I was like this. I was like this, behind the chair like this.
Detective Winters: Was she clothed or naked?
Bryant: She had her pants on and um, she actually had a skirt on and um, (inaudible) thatís how (inaudible).
(Very low voices talking.)
Detective Winters: Did you actually lift her skirt up?
Bryant: I didnít think ...
Detective Winters: I understand this puts you in a weird position. Obviously. This is a serious allegation and, and what Iíd like to do is Iíd like you to hear me out. Um, okay, um, and I understand this is a serious allegation and obviously if this turns out to be a false allegation sheís obviously gonna be dealt with accordingly okay. Um, but, we do have an allegation right now okay and I feel um, and I understand that you claim that this was consensual okay, um, do you think thereís any possibility that at some point during this entire incident that she said no and it just happened to go on a little bit further and it just and then you quit.
Bryant: No. I stopped (inaudible), I stopped.
Detective Winters: When did she, when did you stop, what, what made you stop?
Bryant: Well I asked her about the ... thing and she was like no, I donít know.
Detective Loya: How many times did you ask her?
Bryant: Once.
Detective Winters: Okay, all right, okay. You said, when, did it stop at that point?
Bryant: Um, did I stop? (Inaudible) She went like this (inaudible), I asked her if I could ... and she was like no um, I thought she was cool, you know, I stopped. I stopped pumping and uh, I just, I just stood there like this (inaudible) and um, then she just moved like this.
Detective Loya: And what happened from there, where did she go?
Bryant: Nothing. She was like um, can I have a couple autographs. You know what um, (inaudible) Iíll give them, Iíll give them to you tomorrow. The penís still there, the pen and the paper she handed to me are still here.
Detective Winters: Whyíd you say youíd give them to her tomorrow?
Bryant: Because I was supposed to see her tomorrow anyway. I could give them to her tomorrow.
Detective Winters: How do you know you were going to see her tomorrow?
Bryant: Because she told me, that was part of the whole conversation. We talked and said okay, like how long youíve been working here blah, blah, blah, I work tomorrow, oh really, (inaudible). Cause I was saying how she works long hours, these are some ... long hours to be doing this ... sheís like (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Okay. Go ahead.
Detective Loya: Why donít you sit back down.
Bryant: She said, how she was actually supposed to get off early but she wanted to stay around and whatever and um, you know (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Okay, um, why wouldnít you give her an autograph that night compared to waiting for tomorrow? I donít understand that.
Bryant: I donít know. I just, I just, I do it like that, thatís what I do. Like sometimes I feel like signing ... right there on the spot, sometimes I donít. I mean you know (inaudible) she hands me the envelope um, ... itís not like you have a lot of basketball stars here you know.
Detective Loya: Whereís the envelope.
Bryant: Hereís the marker.
Detective Loya: Okay. She gave you this marker?
Detective Winters: Um, what, why do you think she would make an allegation like that?
Bryant: I have no idea, thatís exactly what Iím saying, thatís exactly what Iím saying, she must want money or something. It has to be that, because you guys (inaudible) because Iím telling you man, I swear on my life, I did not, I did not sexually assault her in no kind of way whatsoever man. I though she was (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Would you be willing ...?
Detective Winters: Would you be willing to take a polygraph examination?
Bryant: Oh, yeah, Iíd do it. Iíve never done one before (inaudible).
Detective Winters: You know what they are?
Bryant: Yeah. (Inaudible). Thatís like a case isnít it?
Detective Winters: Whatís that?
Bryant: I gotta go to court to do that?
Detective Winters: No.
Detective Loya: No. What a polygraph is, itís a lie detector test. What weíll do ...
Bryant: I have to go to court or something?
Detective Loya: No.
Bryant: So how do they do it?
Detective Loya: No. What weíll do is weíll make arrangements to set it up with you. Obviously you donít live out here, so youíd have to fly back out here to take the examination and weíd ask you a series of questions only pertaining to this and if it shows you were being truthful to the questions asked ...
Detective Winters: And obviously itís inadmissible in court, you canít use it in court. But sheís willing to take one. Okay. Sheís willing to take one and Iím just asking if youíd be willing to take one.
Bryant: Yes I am.
Detective Loya: (Inaudible).
Detective Winters: What do you think the results of the, of those tests are gonna be?
Bryant: I would have to say I donít know. Iíve never taken one. Iím nervous right now my hands are shaking. (Inaudible).
Detective Loya: What do you think should happen to somebody that ...
Detective Winters: For one, I can, uh, no. I advise you not to talk to him, okay.
Detective Winters: I, you know, we appreciate your cooperation with us and allowing us in your room and you know, being, being cooperative with us to let us talk to you about this issue. Um, these are tough issues, Iím gonna tell you right now okay. These are very tough issues. They are serious allegations and sheís fully aware of the consequences behind these allegations that are being made, okay. Um, but, I guess weíre, you know this is what Iím having problems with Mr. Bryant um, for one, I donít know if youíre telling me the truth or not, okay. Iím gonna be flat out honest with you and let me finish okay. Iím gonna tell you why all right. Iím the kind of person that Iím gonna tell you, Iím gonna tell it like it is, okay. Iím not gonna beat around the bush. One, you lied to us right off the bat. Okay.
Bryant: Well ... (inaudible).
Detective Winters: And I understand, and just let me finish okay. So one you lied to us, okay, that doesnít help. Two, um, then, then we confront this issue and you seemed a little bit skeptical in the details of exactly what happened throughout the entire incident okay. Iím not saying youíre a person that would do something like this okay. I agree with you, I agree that you got caught up in the moment. Okay. No doubt about it, you know, no doubt about it whatsoever. What I think you got caught up in also Mr. Bryant, is that, and I agree, I, I completely agree you, it was consensual up to the point of the hugging and kissing issue I agree, completely consensual. I have no issues with that whatsoever. What I, what Iím being, what Iím skeptical on is that I donít know how consensual the sexual intercourse was. Okay. I donít, I donít, I guess to be honest with you Iím not sure, Iím not sure, if weíre getting all the facts presented to us as far as exactly what happened. See this is the way I look at it, I you know, I look at it this way, sheís an attractive young lady okay.
Bryant: She wasnít that attractive.
Detective Winters: You know, well, sheís okay, okay. Um, sheís young, you know, sheís excited to see you, no, no questions asked about that whatsoever. And youíre right, you both got caught up in the moment, um, then things started happening with her, she started thinking one way, uh, she started thinking no, I donít want to do this, but then again you know, being the person you are, you are a respectable person. I have the utmost respect for you. But being caught up in the moment (stutter in tape) even though she told you no, you know, Iím not comfortable doing this, you know, I think you tried, you know, just wanted to finish okay.
Bryant: I didnít finish a ... thing.
Detective Winters: And I know it stopped at a certain point okay, um ...
Detective Loya: By, by no means do we think that youíre ...
Bryant: Matter of fact.
Detective Winters: Go ahead.
Bryant: I (inaudible) ... when she left. (Inaudible).
Detective Loya: Mr. Bryant by no means do we think youíre a sexual predator or ...
Bryant: I did not do this. I (Inaudible) at all.
Detective Loya: Anything like that. But, but we do have evidence already where thereís some vaginal tearing where itís consistent more that it was ...
Bryant: (Inaudible). Youíve got to be kidding.
Detective Loya: Well let me finish, but itís consistent with more than just what I believe, more than five minutes of sexual intercourse. Okay.
Bryant: Well, thatís all there was.
Detective Loya: Even though, even though you said it was pretty, youíre pretty big you said it was easy to penetrate her.
Bryant: Yes, went like that and there was no resistance. None. She bent over and ...
Detective Winters: And sheís gonna, and I agree, sheís gonna, there was no resistance ...
Bryant: She didnít (inaudible) ... anything.
Detective Winters: For the fear she was in.
Bryant: Fear, fear, how much fear could she could she be in if she said no?
Detective Winters: Comments, comments made such as you know, that you know um, that, did you ask her that, not to tell anybody about this?
Bryant: Not to tell anybody about what?
Detective Winters: That this happened?
Detective Loya: Did you ever tell, did you ever ...?
Bryant: I asked her, said look if we go swimming, if we go swimming I donít, I donít need you to tell no people that weíre going swimming even though Iím gonna ask Mike Ortiz and those guys or whatever in there. (Inaudible.)

Detective Loya: You never told her not to tell anybody about having sex with her?
Bryant: No cause thatís kinda ... thatís. I told her about the pool thing, I figured you know if she understands what Iím saying and then sheís like well you know Iím not going to say anything.
Detective loya: I have a question though. What did you thing was gonna happen after she left your, and after you had sex with her? What did you think she was gonna tell?
Bryant: What do you mean?
Detective Loya: Well sheís nineteen years old.
Detective Winters: You donít know her.
Bryant: maybe, maybe that you know ... (inaudible). (Detective Loya talking over).
Detective Loya: She had, she just had sexual intercourse with an NBA player. What did you think she was gonna do? What did you think...?
Bryant: I never had sex with her before. I donít know man, I donít know. I have no guarantees.
Detective Loya: Is this, I donít mean to offend you in any way but is this a habit of yours, that you cheat on your wife?
Detective Winters: Has this ever happened before?
Bryant: Um, yes, with one other person. And she could actually testify I do that um, I do the same thing, I hold her from the back, I put my hands (inaudible).
Detective Loya: And whoís that other person?
Bryant: (inaudible) Her name is Michelle. (Inaudible).
Detective Loya: And this is somebody you frequent or one time incident or ...?
Bryant: No. Sheís a, sheís a frequent (inaudible).
Detective Loya: And your wife...
Detective Loya: Obviously your wife doesnít know about this?
Bryant: No. Nothing man, seriously. (Inaudible).
Detective Loya: Well I donít, well I donít know about Detective Winters but I can probably speak for him we donít plan on telling her. But ...
Detective Winters: Weíre not going to tell your wife.
Detective Loya: But, you know, just like he was saying, I think, I think, you know how long have you been away from home?
Bryant: Um, (Inaudible)?
Bryant: (Inaudible) I left Monday.
Detective Loya: Today, well itís Wednesday now.
Detective Winters: Tuesday.
Bryant: (Inaudible) ... I left Saturday (Inaudible).
Detective Loya: Whoís making the arrangements the NBA or you?
Bryant: Uh, (inaudible) ... came out here ... (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Did you fly out private or?
Bryant: Private.
Detective Winters: Into Denver?
Bryant: Into Vail.
Detective Winters: Oh you flew into Vail last night ...
Detective Loya: Into Eagle.
Bryant: (Inaudible) into Eagle.
Detective Loya: Just down the road here?
Detective Winters: You arrived last, or last, the night before?
Bryant: Mm hmm.
Detective Winters: Monday night?
Detective Loya: Is there anything else you think we should know that might help the investigation, that could probably help you out a little but ... or think itís important that we need to know?
Bryant: Nothing I can think of. (Inaudible).
Detective Loya: So just to reiterate and correct me if Iím wrong, you met her when you got here, you asked her to show you around the property?
Bryant: Uh, no, not immediately.
Detective Loya: Not immediately, but later in the evening.
Bryant: Right.
Detective Loya: You asked her to show you around the property, after showing you around the property you guys ended up here?
Bryant: (Inaudible). Ended up here.
Detective Loya: She took you out to the balcony.
Bryant: (Inaudible) took me out here (inaudible) the bears uh (inaudible) talk it up a little bit, (inaudible) I sat down right there and she was sitting next tome and I sat right there and started to shoot the ... about stuff.
Detective Loya: And then what happened?
Bryant: Um, she (inaudible).
Detective Loya: Did you make the first move, did she make the first move?
Bryant: Uh, (inaudible).
Detective Loya: When did she make the comment that she wanted to sleep with you?
Bryant: When we were having sex.
Detective Loya: What exactly did she say?
Bryant: She was like when I saw you arrive I (inaudible), I was like okay, (inaudible) ... I just felt like it and thatís exactly what I said, and you guys can take that however the ... you want, cause thatís what she ... said ... okay, thatís exactly...
Detective Loya: Okay, you guys started kissing, making out, talked to her about the tattoo things?
Bryant: No that was before.
Detective Loya: That was before...?
Bryant: She was sitting right here told me about the tattoo.
Detective Loya: Okay. So you guys started making out?
Bryant: Then she stood up right there and told me about the tattoo on her shoulder.
Detective Loya: Did you pull her panties down or did she pull them down?
Bryant: Laughter ... I pulled them down. Cause she lifted, she lifted up her skirt so I could, so I could grab her butt. (Inaudible)... I was you know just doing regular things, all of a sudden man she lifted up her skirt. (Inaudible) ...and then from behind and then you know she grabbed (inaudible).
Detective Loya: With her vagina?
Bryant: Yes.
Bryant: And she (inaudible) from behind my butt.
Detective Winters: Your penis?
Bryant: Yes. (Inaudible). In my opinion ..., in my opinion (inaudible) my pants (inaudible).
Detective Loya: So she went into your pants?
Detective Winters: How did she do that if youíre from behind?
Bryant: No, thatís when she started having sex with me, we stood up right here and started having the you know, the foreplay happened right here. Right here, we stood up right here (inaudible) the hug goodbye thing or whatever.
Detective Loya: Do you have an I.D. on you Kobe?
Bryant: Huh?
Detective Loya: Do you have and I.D.?
Detective Loya: No? Okay.
Bryant: K-O-B-E B-E-A-N B-R-Y-A-N-T
Detective Winters: (Inaudible).
Detective Loya: Iím sorry whatís your middle name?
Bryant: B-E-A-N.
Detective Loya: Bryant. Whatís your date of birth?
Bryant: August 23, 1978.
Detective Loya: And whatís your physical address?
Detective Winters: Well we need it for... weíre not gonna give it out to anybody.
Bryant: (Bryant provides his home address, which will not be listed here)
Detective Loya: Whatís your phone number.
Bryant: (Bryant provides his phone numbers, which will not be listed here).
Detective Loya: Do you uh, whatís your uh, do you have a California drivers license?
Detective Winters: We need it for her files.
Detective Winters: (Winters asks for Bryantís Social Security number, which Bryant provides).
Detective Winters: Um, so what youíre saying is, that this, this is all a mistake this is all consensual.
Detective Loya: And you donít have any reason, and you donít have any idea why she would make some kind... cause this is a real serious allegation and we...
Bryant: I know it is but what do you want me to do, I canít, thereís nothing I can do.
Detective Loya: You have a 5-month-old daughter?
Detective Loya: Imagine your daughter being nineteen and she comes home and tells you this, how would you react?
Bryant: I know, Iíd be very pissed. I mean I would listen to her side of the story but I would (inaudible) too (inaudible) if sheíd do anything like that.
Detective Winters: Well is it possible that no words were exchanged, nobody said hey Kobe I want to have sex with you or hey baby I want to have sex with you? Did that ever occur?
Bryant: Did what?
Detective Winters: Did you ever ask her to have sex or did she ever ask you to have sex?
Detective Winters: How do you know that it was mutual to have sex?
Bryant: We just started kissing I asked her I said you know, (inaudible) she bent over, and she walked over on her own free will. She was standing right here, right here weíre kissing and she, she put her foot up here all by herself if that wasnít consensual (inaudible) ...
Detective Winters: Did she cry, did she cry at any time during this?
Bryant: Did she cry, no.
Detective Loya: After the act was completed?
Bryant: She didnít cry at all.
Detective Loya: After the act was completed where did you go, when you pulled out, you said she slipped off?
Bryant: I didnít say she slipped off, she just you know removed herself from...
Detective Winters: You said earlier she slipped off, I donít understand, I asked you (inaudible).
Bryant: I said she slid off.
Detective Loya: Slid off.
Bryant: Slid off like when uh
Detective Loya: Ok.
Bryant: (Inaudible) That was when I stood there like this (inaudible) and uh you know (inaudible) put it back in my pants (inaudible) so you know, (inaudible) that was it, no more no nothing.
Detective Loya: What did she do, did she?
Bryant: She kissed goodbye. Boom.
Detective Loya: Did she put her clothes on?
Bryant: yeah, like the same thing I did. I put my thing back my pants when I through and she ...
Detective Loya: So then after that you immediately kissed and she left?
Bryant: No, she didnít leave, we kissed goodbye, we kissed goodbye.
Detective Winters. Well how long was it after is stopped before she left?
Bryant: Uh, I donít know, I canít I donít know the time, but like three minutes, I donít know, we kissed right here, like goodbye (inaudible) then I walked her to the door. We to the door and she left. No crying no nothing. (Inaudible).
Detective Winters: I donít understand, but I guess what I donít understand is why (inaudible) what she was doing (inaudible). Her familyís fairly well off why would she (inaudible).
Bryant: (Inaudible). I donít know. (Inaudible). All I know is that (inaudible).
Detective Loya: But they also have to go through the same process youíre going through too.
Bryant: Yeah but youíre asking me stuff like a statement or (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Well, and Iím gonna be straight up honest with you Kobe, I donít know if the information is gonna get out okay, if the press calls me at this point in the investigation, um, Iím gonna explain to that that this is an ongoing investigation, that weíre looking into the matter and thatís all I can explain.
Detective Loya: And youíre saying she gave you this marker Kobe?
Detective Loya: With these cards?
Bryant: That was after. After we had sex is when she gave it to me. After.
Detective Winters: Where did she give it to you from?
Bryant: Standing after the kissing we started walking around she said how bout that autograph because I joked with her upstairs, I said um, all of us were walking, me, my trainer, my two security guards, weíre walking and I said I might be able to have one of em because people donít bother me if you have no boyfriend so then sheís like well, you know, can I get your autograph.
Detective Winters: Where did she pull that out from?
Bryant: Um, I guess she had it in her, her jacket pocket (inaudible) a coat pocket.
Detective Loya: Did her jacket ever come off during intercourse?
Bryant: She took off her jacket off when she sat down. (Inaudible).
Detective Winters: Well like I say, I canít promise you that itís not gonna get out. I donít know Mr. Bryant, I just donít know. I wish I could honestly, honestly answer you that this, this isnít gonna get out, but I donít know. Uh, you know as well as I do the situation might be yeah, a lot of times they do come in but for all I know maybe other people, other celebrities have been investigated. We all donít know but thatís possible.
Detective Loya: And sheís been made aware, very well aware by Detective Winters of the seriousness of the allegations and repercussions if she is making a false statement and all that. She was brought in.
Bryant: She had all this time to sit there and thing that this happened coincidentally or whatever and um (unclear) the strangling thing you have to go talk to this girl (inaudible) Michelle.
Detective Loya: She has a bruise on her neck.
Bryant: Yeah I mean thatís you know me and Michelle, thatís what we, we do the same thing.
Detective Winters: Thatís your thing. How many times did you have sex with Michelle?
Bryant: A lot. Sheíll tell you the same ...
Detective Loya: Do you have her number?
Bryant: Um not right here.
Detective Winters: Do you usually have sex with...?
Bryant: (Inaudible) wonít be back in New York...
Detective Loya: Whoís Mike, a security guard?
Bryant: Sheís not gonna be back in New York until after (inaudible).
Detective Loya: Is he your private security guard or is it through a company?
Bryant: Through a company called O&R.
Detective Winters: Okay, um, is that, is that do you normally, when you see Michelle in a bar do you hook up with her?
Bryant: Well no, I mean sheís not (inaudible) sheís cool but thatís pretty much what we do.
Detective Winters: And obviously I think your wife doesnít need to know.
Bryant: Oh, no.
Detective Winters: Well youíre an adult, youíre a man, you know the noble thing you need to do. I canít tell you whether you need to call your wife or not but thatís a decision youíre gonna have to make. Um, Murphyís Law states that whatever can go wrong will ... so whether you tell your wife thatís up to you but I have no intentions of telling your wife. Now there may come a time where I, being the detective on the case, where I may need to talk to, say hey Mr. Bryant you know, hey I need to ask you about this thereís something that came up. I canít say that I wonít, I mean whoís to say that your wife wonít answer the phone.
Detective Loya: Unless you have a number that we can call you at whereís sheís not gonna answer the phone, but we donít want you to avoid us.
Bryant: No sir.
Detective Loya: You gonna avoid us though or you gonna?
Bryant: No, no, no, no, no.
Detective Winters: No Iíll do what I can, you know, Mr. Bryant I canít promise you anything I just want you to know...
Detective Loya: Cause if you avoid us Kobe, thatís really gonna hit the public.
Bryant: Why the ... would I avoid you for? Call me. I donít care. Call me.
Detective Winters: Well Kobe, I donít think youíre gonna avoid us, youíve been real cooperative with us you know, youíve been real cool about everything, but uh, I guess at this time do you have any questions for us?
Bryant: Yeah, what is going to happen next?
Detective Winters: Okay. And Iím gonna explain everything about what happens here shortly.
Detective Loya: Cause weíre gonna need some things from you too.
Bryant: (Inaudible) Tell me what happens.
Detective Winters: Okay. Real quickly though, what Iím gonna do it, Iím gonna call down and call ... and Iím gonna have her bring me some bags so we can collect evidence (inaudible) that whatís gonna happen is um, would you be willing to consent to a sexual examination kit?
Detective Winters: (Inaudible) ... Basically itís called a male sexual examination kit, okay (inaudible).
Detective Loya: We should just work straight through, itís gonna be 5, 6:00 but (inaudible) in Eagle and maybe (inaudible).
(Background voice) Do you need me or?
Detective Loya: Okay. Its okay now. Hey Ko, Kobe, Kobe?
Bryant: I donít believe this man, what?
Detective Loya: Letís not blow this out more than what it already is, letís just take it one day at a time and go from there. Youíre not being arrested or anything like that.
Detective Winters: No, what we want to do is take to the hospital and weíll have an examination performed and then you guys can take him back up here. You can follow us down there. Itís gonna be about two to three hours.
Detective Loya: Or the other thing is we can, if you want to give us a minute we can call you where thereís about an hour left. Weíll meet you there.
Detective Winters: Okay, Iím gonna be up front with you right now. I have a court order so it doesnít matter whether you consent or not.
Bryant: No and I donít care about that. Iím talking to the trainer.
Bryant: I donít care about that (inaudible)....
Detective Winters: Yeah thatís fine.
Carbone: I believe ...
Detective Loya: Are you a trainer?
Carbone: Yeah, Iím his trainer.
Detective Loya: Come on Andy.
Carbone: Would you mind if he just spoke to somebody before you guys take him down there?
Bryant: (Inaudible). Yeah. Iíd just like to (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Now, well hereís, we need to go. I mean time, I donít want ...
Detective Loya: Itís 2:00 in the morning.
Detective Winters: I donít to drag this out any longer than we need to.
(Unclear who is speaking) Can we drain this before you go?
Detective Winters: Absolutely go for it.
Bryant: (Inaudible) I was hoping if I can drain this Iíll be (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Drain it.
Detective Loya: How do you guys, how do you guys want to do this, do you want to follow us down, or do you want us to call you when thereís about an hour left in the exam?
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: We need to follow you down but we donít have a vehicle you know.
Detective Loya: You guys donít have a vehicle?
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: We donít.
Detective Winters: Howíve you been getting around?
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: (Inaudible) you know somebody taking ...
Detective Loya: A shuttle kind of.
Probably Mike Ortiz: Yeah. A limo service.
Detective Winters: Can you call the limo service?
Detective Loya: Cause you canít ride with us. We donít have a vehicle to provide for you.
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: Okay.
Detective Winters: I mean, I would rather, I would rather one of you guys come follow us.
Detective Loya: you wonít ride with us.
Detective Winters: No, we need (inaudible).
Detective Loya: But when weíre done we want to turn him over to you.
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: Okay. Real quick and where do we go?
Detective Winters: Weíre going to Glenwood Springs. You get on the interstate and youíre gonna head west toward Eagle, like toward the airport.
Detective Loya: Why donít you write it so he can read your handwriting. Itís Glenwood Springs and itís gonna be, youíre gonna go I-70, you know where I-70 is at, right?
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: I-70.
Detective Loya: I-70 westbound.
Detective Loya: To exit 116.
Detective Loya: Are you guys gonna follow us or not?
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: Well we donít have a car, we have to get a hold of one.
Detective Loya: No. Okay. At the exit youíre gonna take a right.
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: 116 exit?
Detective Loya: Yeah, 116 exit and youíre gonna take a right.
Detective Loya: Yeah, right. Youíll come to a stop light intersection at that stop light intersection and youíre gonna take another right.
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: Okay, stoplight, intersection, right.
Detective Loya: Okay. Youíre gonna stay on that road youíre gonna go over the bridge itís Grand Avenue. Youíre gonna go over that bridge...
Unknown voice talking: How are you gonna (inaudible).
Detective Loya: to the Taco Bell. You canít miss it.
Detective Winters: It helps if you put pressure on it whatever you (inaudible) I donít care. (Inaudible) I donít care.
Detective Loya: Once you go over the bridge you keep going and thereíll be a Taco Bell on your left hand side about a mile, two miles down Grand Avenue. Yeah, youíre not from around here.
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: No, no Iím not.
Detective Loya: Itís probably not as complicated as L.A.
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: Whatís that?
Detective Loya: Itís probably not as complicated at L.A.
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: I donít know.
Detective Loya: You guys from L.A. or?
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: No. But what is it called?
Detective Loya: Valley View Hospital and the phone number there is ...
Detective Loya: Iíll give you my cell number too, just in case you guys get lost. Um, 970. The area code is 970 for all these.
Detective Loya: (Loya provides his cell phone number) Sorry for the inconvenience for you guys, but ...
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: You donít even know.
Detective Loya: Youíre right.
Detective Winters: (Inaudible) um with everything that youíre thinking uh, believe me youíre gonna want your crutches, youíre probably gonna want your pain meds if you need it, you might just as well take it anyway. (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Yeah grab me and take em.
Detective Loya: Hang tight and letís get your meds. (Someone opening a paper bag).
(Inaudible) ... I guess (inaudible) one of us can run him back up. Do you guys, hey are you guys gonna have, hang tight real quick, are you guys gonna have access to a vehicle or ...?
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: Weíre gonna try to get one (inaudible).
Detective Loya: See if the hotel will lend you one or something.
Bryant: I would really feel more comfortable if just one of them could ride even in the back seat or something.
Detective Loya: Thatís not possible man, nobody else rides in our cars. Itís just our insurance policy. Iíll lose my job if anything else goes that way.
Bryant: So can uh, Troy (Laster, one if his security guards) you wait here.
Detective Loya: Which wayís which. I donít know how we get out of here?
Detective Winters: Take the elevator or the stairs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who took Jeff Benedict's word as gospel have a lot of egg on their faces now. You know who you are. i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif I see some of the more intelligent posters, even those who think Kobe may be guilty, had withheld judgement on this paraphrasing of the transcript by an obviously biased writer who had Kobe all but convicted already.

Drbio
09-14-2004, 04:26 PM
wow.

u2sarajevo
09-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Justice in America.

I am trying to believe in it.

vinnieponte
09-14-2004, 06:26 PM
here we go again

DubOverdose
09-14-2004, 06:32 PM
I didn't think he raped her until now. I thought she just might have never said she wanted sex, but implied it with her actions.

MavKikiNYC
09-14-2004, 08:15 PM
A real reason to hate the Lakers.

irontoad
09-15-2004, 10:37 AM
What a worthless piece of human crap. I wonder what karma will bring you in the future, Kobe...

Epitome22
09-16-2004, 01:32 PM
I feel bad for giving him the benefit of the doubt. What an a**hole

alby
09-16-2004, 03:03 PM
he was in the world music awards last night.. his wife was lookin hot as ever lol =]

crowd gave him a standing ovation

Murphy3
09-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by: Epitome22

Are you sure? Kobe's a democrat.......you might want to edit your comment while you have a chance.

EricaLubarsky
09-16-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by: Murphy3

Are you sure? Kobe's a democrat.......you might want to edit your comment while you have a chance.

way off base, and where did you even hear he was a democrat?

Murphy3
09-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky

Originally posted by: Murphy3

way off base, and where did you even hear he was a democrat?

I have no idea whether or not he's a Democrat.
As for whether or not it's 'way off base'....You're the last person in the world I'd look to for guidance as to what is and is not 'off base'. If you really want me to pay attention to whether or not you think something is 'off base', just agree with what I said. That will have more of the impact that you're actually looking for.

Male30Dan
09-16-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by: Murphy3[quote]
As for whether or not it's 'way off base'....You're the last person in the world I'd look to for guidance as to what is and is not 'off base'. If you really want me to pay attention to whether or not you think something is 'off base', just agree with what I said. That will have more of the impact that you're actually looking for.

To quote another thread that will remain anonymous:

comeback of the week material....

EricaLubarsky
09-16-2004, 04:23 PM

explain to me how Kobe's party affiliation matters to Epitome's post. I'm still not seeing it. It's either very stupid or I'm just not getting the connection.

Male30Dan
09-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Erica,

You made it a point to tell me NOT to tell you how to post... Please, follow your own rules would you and don't tell others what is STUPID or NOT STUPID... You sure hate to hear it when YOU post stupid stuff but yet you find the time to tell others when you THINK they post stupid stuff...

Unbelievable!

fin4life
09-16-2004, 04:38 PM
I dont usuallt get involved with fights, but I feel like i have to step in here....BECAUSE THIS IS THE DUMBEST FIGHT EVER. Someone made a comment about politics that wasnt related to Kobe at all, then Erica asked why he said that.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

It was a little off base, but everyone has some posts that arent exactly on topic. Big deal. Male/murphy... erica didnt really do anything.

Male30Dan
09-16-2004, 04:45 PM
You dont know the history F4L... Keep out of things you dont understand...

Bottom line is that some people on this board are hypocrites... They whine and moan when they are told something is "stupid" but they end up being one of the first in line to accuse others... I was one that "accused" Erica of saying something "stupid" and I was told in an INCREDIBLY rude way to NEVER tell her how to post again... Yet when Erica sees something she doesnt agree with, she will do the same thing she tells others that they have no right to do... If that isn't a hypocrite, I dont know what is... And the person she happens to "accuse" of being stupid is none other than Murphy, a poster that ALSO has a nice history with Mrs. Lubarsky...

So THAT is what the problem is... Like I said, you dont know the history...

Male30Dan
09-16-2004, 04:48 PM
And by the way, Murphy was just being his same ol sarcastic self regarding the political comment... If you ever go by the political forum you would understand... But then again, there are people on this board that do not know how to interpret sarcasm...

EricaLubarsky
09-16-2004, 04:48 PM
EDITED BY kg_veteran: DO NOT POST PRIVATE MESSAGES ON THE BOARD.

Im following the philosophy of the great....male23....give me a break.

and don't chalk this up to history. Fin knows all he needs to know. I asked you why you were a jerk when after I said that Big Jake Tsak was a stiff, you said it was moronic. Then you called me a hypocrite and the fight ensued. I'm not willing to give you that attention this time- you aren't worth it and the mods are aware of all the activity. Cool it, and stop taking pot shots at me. You aren't impressing anyone, and your explanation that it was history that no one else got is totally wrong.

EricaLubarsky
09-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by: Male23Dan
And by the way, Murphy was just being his same ol sarcastic self regarding the political comment... If you ever go by the political forum you would understand... But then again, there are people on this board that do not know how to interpret sarcasm...

funny.

fin4life
09-16-2004, 04:51 PM
whats wrong with thinking that finley is better than Dirk? i/expressions/moon.gif

Male30Dan
09-16-2004, 04:54 PM
My philosophy, yes... But not yours, right???

I can chalk it up anyway I like... And I will take every shot I need to take against you if you continue to play the role of the "hypocrite." I am not TRYING to impress anyone, Im just pointing out your stance, (you remember, what you made quite aware to me), which was "dont call other people's posts stupid." If you can't handle the fire when people burn you, dont burn others...

Male30Dan
09-16-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by: fin4life
whats wrong with thinking that finley is better than Dirk? i/expressions/moon.gif

Nothing is wrong with that... He is...

i/expressions/moon.gif

EricaLubarsky
09-16-2004, 04:59 PM
My philosophy, yes... But not yours, right???

I can chalk it up anyway I like... And I will take every shot I need to take against you if you continue to play the role of the "hypocrite." I am not TRYING to impress anyone, Im just pointing out your stance, (you remember, what you made quite aware to me), which was "dont call other people's posts stupid." If you can't handle the fire when people burn you, dont burn others...

you know my philosophy. Of course you do.

Male30Dan
09-16-2004, 04:59 PM
And by the way Erica, I will let U2 know that you posted my PMs... He told me when I did it to you that it was a huge mistake on my part, (after I took it off by the way)...

1-1 in that category... Do it again, and I will bring more out myself... And not just from me to you...

fin4life
09-16-2004, 05:00 PM
I think both of u guys are over reacting. This is an online mavericks message board. A place where u talk sports with people that share a passion. There is no reason to let people that you have never really met become your enemy. Whenever someone calls me out on a post, i either dispute it in a calm mannor, or just let it go. I dont consider anyone on this site to be an idiot or an a**hole, i dont really care. I think that you are taking this a little too seriously, Male

Male30Dan
09-16-2004, 05:06 PM
I appreciate your opinion F4L, and I have no problem with where you stand on this; however, I will NOT stand by and let people cuss me out for giving my opinion, (albeit negative), of their post and then let that same person give their opinion, (again, negative) of someone else's post...

NOPE, NOT GONNA DO IT...

People that expect to post on this board with those types of hypocritical actions will not do so for long... I, just like you, will take criticism just fine, (though if your wrong IMO, expect me to argue my point); however, when people say SHUT THE #$@#$# UP AND NEVER TELL ME HOW TO POST AGAIN, I will then take notice to when they tell others how to post...

EricaLubarsky
09-16-2004, 05:07 PM
And by the way Erica, I will let U2 know that you posted my PMs... He told me when I did it to you that it was a huge mistake on my part, (after I took it off by the way)...

1-1 in that category... Do it again, and I will bring more out myself... And not just from me to you...

this is a final warning. I do not like you posting threats and I don't like your continuous jabs. It is immature and childish. If you feel that the quote above is from a PM and you are offended, then tell a moderator. Do not, however threaten me with further antagonism.

Male30Dan
09-16-2004, 05:10 PM
Yes maam!!! i/expressions/moon.gif

EDIT: By the way, do NOT send me a PM if you are going to prevent me from replying... It REALLY makes me want to reply in public!!!

EricaLubarsky
09-16-2004, 05:13 PM
done.

Murphy3
09-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Can't you two just get along?

Male30Dan
09-16-2004, 05:27 PM
I could ask you that same question!

fin4life
09-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Male, if murphy can let it go... why cant you. It was him that made to original comment... NOT YOU. He obvioulsy doesnt want you to fight his battles, you need to give it up.

Male30Dan
09-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Hahaha...

Yeah... OK... AGAIN, I think there are those that are incapable of detecting sarcasm without the big fat moon...

kg_veteran
09-16-2004, 05:31 PM
Erica, Dan - The two of you had better knock it off. Right now. I'll send you PMs to discuss this further, but I expect you both to cease and desist in this thread.

Male30Dan
09-16-2004, 05:43 PM
Thanks KG for editing the PM... Consider me desisting...

Murphy3
09-16-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky

explain to me how Kobe's party affiliation matters to Epitome's post. I'm still not seeing it. It's either very stupid or I'm just not getting the connection.

Erica, just visit the politcal arena and all of the answers to your questions will be crystal clear.

LakerMania
09-16-2004, 06:43 PM
Entire transcript.

Link (http://www.vaildaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040915/NEWS/40916001)

The following has been lightly edited for language and the most graphic details of the events as Bryant described them:

Kobe Bryant interview version 8/6/04
Detective Winters: Um, involving yourself and another party so ...
Bryant: What is it?
Detective Winters: Um well I donít really want to talk about it, here can we go back to our room and could we talk about it there?
Bryant: Yeah come on.
Detective Winters: Okay, all right.
Detective Loya: Whoís this gentleman here?
Bryant: Thatís one of my security guards.
Detective Loya: Okay. Do you mind if he stays with these officers here while we talk to you.
Bryant: Yeah sure.
Detective Loya: Okay. Hey Bri will you make, my cars locked. Will you check my car? Letís go to your room and then weíll, letís go to your room and then weíll talk about it there.
Bryant: Well ...
Soft unclear voices
(Unknown female voice): Want me to FI him?
Bryant: Inaudible.
Detective Winters: Okay. We have uh, well OK, look, let me uh, let me explain something okay. We have a ... we received a call earlier today with an allegation (unclear).
Unknown female voice: Okay.
Detective Loya: ... Do you want me to hold those for you or are you all right?
Detective Winters: We received a call and took a report of a possible sexual assault allegation so we just want to talk to you about it and find out, yeah, find out your side of the the story and find out whatís going on.
Bryant: Whatís gonna happen?
Detective Winters: Whatís gonna happen?
Detective Winters: Well right now nothingís happening at this time. We just want to find out, get your side of the story and figure out whatís going on, okay? We wanna, we wanna get out, what our policy is, is um, we get every side of every story. Okay. Um ...
Detective Loya: So thatís why we want to talk to you and get your side of the story.
Detective Winters: Yeah, get your side of the story and figure out whatís going on.
Detective Loya: But we donít want to do it in front of everybody, okay, that we wanted to go back to ...
Det. Winters: We donít to make a scene for you, cause we understand the situation.
Bryant: All right, cause itís personal. I donít understand whatís going on. What side of the story will you follow, what exactly?
Detective Loya: do you want to talk about it in front of everybody or do you wanna go into a room ... ?
Detective Winters: This is, this is your ...
Bryant: This is my career.
Det. Loya: So whereís your room at?
Bryant: Itís all the way on the other side man, I canít walk there.
Det. Loya: If we take it slow, can we ...?
Bryant: Thatís a long walk.
Detective Winters: Weíll just take it real slow.
Det. Loya: Did you have ...
Detective Winters: Whatever you want to do.
Det. Loya: Did you have knee surgery today or ...?
Bryant: Yes I did just today. (Inaudible) come on please.
Det. Loya: What they do, what they do?
Bryant: Um, cartilage.
Det. Loya: Cartilage?
Bryant: My bodyguards I got to, I got to tell them whatís going on, my biggest fear is my career and ...
Det. Winters: I understand.
Bryant: ... my image, so.
Det. Winters: ... very, very much so and weíre trying to respect that as much as we can all right.
Det, Loya: And this is how we work Kobe, weíre not, weíre not here to destroy your career or your image but we do have a serious matter at hand that weíd like to resolve and itís all gonna depend on your cooperation and how you want to resolve it.
Bryant: Well. Do I have to?
Det. Winters: Well, thatís up to you, I mean weíd like to find our your side of the story, weíll get into the details of it, weíll explain whatís going on. Um, but thatís all we want to do Kobe. (Unclear talking over).
Det. Loya: and thatís one of the reasons, and thatís one of the reasons, this is one of the reasons weíre up here at this time of night.
Bryant: Ask me what, ask me something, ask me anything.
Detective Loya: Were you with a female party last night?
Bryant: Um, I was with a lady who showed me around yes.
Bryant: I think her name was ... . Something like that.
Det. Loya: Okay.
Detective Winters: Thatís what weíd like to talk about okay.
Bryant: Her?
Detective Winters: Can you tell us what happened?
Bryant: Did she say I did something to her?
Detective Winters: ... tell us what happened with her?
Bryant: Um, she showed me around the pool, showing me around, um, we went to my room, she showed me the back view where the bears come up to the window, and thatís about ... it, we shot the ... and that was it.
Detective Winters: Did you guys go back to your room?
Bryant: Yeah, cause she showed me where the, where the bears come up to the window, Iím like bears ... walk up to this ...
Bryant: ... and she showed me the bathroom.
Detective Loya: Did you guys have any kinda, when you guys were in your room what did you guys talk about? Who else was in your room. Was it just ... ?
Bryant: My knee, ... man, it was just us.
Detective Loya: Just you and her?
Detective Loya: What did you guys talk about?
Bryant: Just shot the @#%$, she asked me what I was here for, I told her my knee. She wanted to be a singer. Um, she had like, um her tattoo, with like music and instruments on it. ...
Detective Loya: Where at?
Detective Winters: Did you ask her, did you ask her to come back to your room last night when she checked you guys in?
Bryant: Come back to my room, yeah.
Detective Winters: To come back to your room to tour, to take you on a tour?
Bryant: To show me around, yeah.
Detective Winters: All right did you uh, um, and she did that?
Detective Winters: Um, she came back to your room and then uh, after the tour was over um, you guys went back to your room?
Bryant: Um, yeah, thatís when she showed me the tattoo.
Detective Winters: Where did her ...?
Detective Loya: OK. Where was her tattoo on her?
Bryant: Um, she had one on her ankle and she said she had one on her back and said it had notes.
Detective Loya: Okay. Did you see the one on her back?
Bryant: Um, yes she showed me.
Detective Loya: How did she show you?
Bryant: She had like a strap or whatever and she like lowered it. I told her to turn around and she lowered it and she showed me.
Detective Winters: Okay, all right um, did anything happen in the room?
Bryant: Like what?
Detective Loya: Uh, did you guys hug or kiss?
Detective Winters: Kiss or hug?
Detective Winters: Okay. Um. Iíll be blunt and ask you. Did you have sexual intercourse with her?
Detective Winters: Okay. Uh, what, okay, Kobe hereís, hereís what Iíd like to do okay. Um, yet there is an allegation that it was an unconsensual intercourse that occurred last night, okay. All right. Hang on, okay, hang on, I understand you have every right to be upset, okay, but you know, Iím giving you an opportunity to tell the truth if something did happen, because Iím gonna tell you now, um, weíre gonna find out.
Bryant: So, what, what ...?
Detective Winters: She, she submitted to, she submitted to an exam. Okay.
Bryant: OK, so now what happens. Okay listen ...
Detective Winters: Well, what we want ...
Detective Loya: Let us, let him explain everything first ..
Detective Winters: Let me explain to you, okay.
Detective Loya: ... and then weíll answer your questions Mr. Bryant.
Detective Winters: Okay, well, what Iíd like ...
Bryant: Is there any way I can settle this whatever it is, I mean ... ?
Detective Winters: Well, what do you mean by settle?
Bryant: If my wife, if my wife found out that anybody made any type of allegations against me she would be infuriated.
Bryant: Thatís all I care about.
Detective Winters: And I understand. ...
Bryant: What she says I donít care about. ...
Detective Winters: Mr. Bryant, and I understand your concerns and frustrations okay, I canít understand your position right now, but I do understand your concerns and frustrations (inaudible). But what I need you to do, what I need to talk to you about ...
Kobe: Weíre all right, weíre all right.
Detective Winters: ... what I need to talk to you about um, is this allegation, I need to find out if this actually happened. You know, for all that happened I mean it could have been a complete come-on. I mean she could have been leading things on or whatever.
Bryant: Okay, so whatever, all right but um ... what if this scenario (inaudible)
Voices talking over each other.
Detective Loya: Kobe, Kobe, Kobe, hey Kobe, come down here a sec.
Detective Winters: Well, I need you to explain something.
Bryant: (Inaudible) tell me something.
Detective Loya: Listen, listen, listen. Let me explain something to you. This is what happened okay. And this is whatís going to happen. Weíre gonna get to the bottom of it one way or another whether itís true or not.
Detective Loya: She consented to an exam.
Detective Loya: Okay. We received blood, pubic hair ...
Detective Loya: Semen.
Detective Loya: All that.
Detective Winters: Weíve got physical evidence.
Detective Loya: Let me finish, okay. Let me finish. Let me finish okay. So, be straight up with me Kobe.
Detective Winters: We just want you to be straight up.
Bryant: (Inaudible), now, but listen, but listen.
Detective Loya: Listen to me first okay. Let me, let me explain it to you first okay. So is there any reason why any of your pubic hair ...?
Bryant: Well, Iím gonna tell you um, fellas ...
Detective Loya: Just be straight up, weíre not gonna tell your wife or anything like that. Did you have sexual intercourse with her?
Bryant: Uh, this is what I need to know because uh I did have sexual intercourse with her. Cause I was (inaudible whisper).
Detective Winters: And I understand.
Detective Loya: Okay, was it consensual?
Bryant: It was totally consensual.
Detective Loya: What makes you believe, what makes you believe it was consensual?
Bryant: Cause she started kissing me, (inaudible) then she bent over and (inaudible).
Detective Loya: Did she tell you, did she ...?
Detective Winters: All right. Okay, hang on, hang on. Okay. So what you are saying is ... tell me, tell me ...
Bryant: And on top of that, and on top of that, and on top of that she said I shouldnít be messing around (inaudible), no sooner (inaudible).
Detective Winters: All right. Tell me, tell me how, tell me, tell me what happened, tell me how it all came about.
Detective Loya: From the get-go.
Bryant: Um, we walked around, went to the room, started talking, she showed me the bedroom by the back (inaudible). I said actually Iíd like to go swimming in the pool, I said I ainít going by myself out there, youíre ... crazy (laughter with the officers) crazy I ainít going. ...
Detective Winters: (Laughter) Sure.
Bryant: She said well I have the key, I have to open it up if you want or whatever, I asked if she had any tattoos and she said yeah I have one on my back. And I said um, well can I see it, sheís like well I might have to show my ... if I show it to you but sheís like well maybe Iíll do that anyway and Iím like okay (inaudible) you know what I mean, and she gets up to leave or whatever and um, I said do me a favor um, I might want to go swimming and um, I might have my guys go swimming cause theyíre under restrictive order. (Inaudible) come back (inaudible) or whatever and uh sheís like all right cool, cool, cool. We were still only this close and she gets up and she gives me a kiss so I kiss her back and then you know I started caressing her or whatever and then she puts her hand on my you know my thing or whatever and it kinda goes from there.
Detective Winters: What do you mean it goes from there?
Bryant: It went from there, like, for example there was no ...
Detective Winters: Did you ask her, did you ask her, to give, um for her to give you a hug before she was here (inaudible) earlier?
Bryant: To do what?
Detective Winters: That you wanted a hug from her before, after she had got done giving you the tour. Or when, when did the hugging incident come up?
Bryant: I donít know.
Detective Winters: Yeah, did she ask you to give, did you ask her to give you a hug?
Bryant: We stood there and you know I pretty much (inaudible) like I donít know, I might have hugged you all, like, when you came up to me, and Iíd be like a hug, you know what I mean.
Detective Loya: Was just a friendly gesture?
Bryant: Right. I mean it looked like this, like OK, all right ... whatever ... you know ... she kissed me (inaudible).
Detective Winters: And I, and I donít disagree that any of that happened, okay. I do not disagree with it that any of that happened, okay.
Detective Winters: ... okay, hear me out, okay. Um, itís possible that at some point that she may have told you no, I donít want to do this, yeah you know, maybe she did lead you on a little bit and she kissed you and then she said, and then she said now, I donít want to do ths, I donít want this to happen. Okay.
Bryant: (Inaudible) if she said that, I stopped, nope. No semen, no nothing.
Detective Winters: Did you finish?
Detective Loya: Well thereís always pre-ejaculation are you aware of that?
Detective Winters: Well ...
Detective Loya: Iím not kidding you, itís, they teach you that in seventh grade sex ed.
Bryant: We stopped cold. (Inaudible).
Detective Winters: How long did it go for?
Bryant: (Inaudible) five minutes maybe.
Detective Winters: Okay, all right. Now ...
Detective Loya: During that time did she ever say anything to you? Did she scream no stop I donít wanna do it?
Detective Winters: What was she saying?
Detective Loya: The best thing is to be straight up Kobe. That way we can resolve it.
Bryant: Okay. Iím thinking, Iím thinking. (Pause) Iím trying to think of the conversation we had (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Well okay.
Detective Loya: Did you ever have her from the back of her head or her neck? Were you ... ? What kind of intercourse was it?
Bryant: (inaudible) held her from the back? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
(Lots of voices talking over.)
Bryant: (Inaudible). All right um ... (inaudible)
Detective Loya: I donít want you to demonstrate.
Bryant: I held her from the back and I went like this.
Detective Loya: So what did you have around her neck?
Bryant: I had my right hand like this and my other hand like that.
Bryant: But ... (inaudible).
Detective Loya: How hard were you holding her?
Detective Winters: OK, all right.
Bryant: I donít know. My hands are strong. I donít know.
Detective Winters: Where did this take place at? Where did this take place in the room?
Bryant: Um, right in the front room. Right in the front room.
Detective Winters: Where was she bent over at?
Bryant: Thereís um, a little um, chair, like a cushion where you sit down, and she had her leg up, she bent herself over like this.
Detective Loya: Where were her hands, what were her hands holding up on?
Bryant: On the um, I assume over the, over the back of the chair.
Detective Loya: Okay. Did she, did you get any blood on you or anything like that?
Bryant: She didnít bleed, did she?
Detective Loya: Yeah, she had, she had a lot of bleeding.
Bryant: Youíve got to be kidding, from where?
Detective Loya: From her vaginal area.
Bryant: Did she cut herself or something, thereís no blood on me whatsoever man, matter of fact, I still have the boxers (inaudible) boxers, theyíre all white, thereís nothing on them. ...
Detective Winters: Is it okay if we take those, I means itís just gonna ... ?
Bryant: All right, all right, can I ask you a question though?
Detective Winters: Iíll let you ask some questions.
Bryant: I do not want it to get to the media.
Detective Winters: We donít either.
Detective Loya: Thatís why weíre here at this time of night.
Bryant: So how could that happen?
Detective Winters: And weíre doing everything we can to try to avoid this going out publicly. Weíre working on that okay. I, I donít know the answer to that right now okay, I canít promise you anything. I wish I could but I canít. Unfortunately it doesnít work that way in our line of work, okay?
Detective Loya: Hey Kobe, have you ever had any of these allegations made against you before?
Bryant: No. Are you kidding me?
Detective Loya: No?
Bryant: Never, I like, I treat everybody with the utmost respect, absolutely nothing. ...
Detective Winters: Huh, actually weíll be done here in a little while (talking to someone outside the room so ...
Detective Loya: Just hang tight to that other guy.
Detective Winters: I mean is it possible that at some point she could have told you no and you didnít quite hear her?
Bryant: No, absolutely not, absolutely not.
Detective Winters: Did you ever make the allegation that you like Vail Colorado when you were having sex with her?
Detective Loya: Did you ever ask her if you wanted, if you could ...
Bryant: Yes. Thatís when she said no. Thatís when she said no. Thatís when she said no.
Detective Loya: So what did, what did you say?
Detective Winters: What did you say, how did that, how did that come about?
Bryant: Um, you know, thatís when I asked if I could ..., she said no.
Detective Loya: So you like to ... ?
Bryant: Thatís my thing, not always, I mean, so I stopped. Jesus Christ man. (Inaudible).
Detective Winters: So how was this, how was this consensual, I mean, wha, wha, explain to me how this was consensual.
Bryant: It sounds pretty ... crazy to me. (Inaudible) and all that.
Detective Winters: Well no, no, no, no explain to me how you think this was consensual?
Bryant: How was it not, I mean she, we ...
Detective Winters: You mutually kissed thereís no question about that.
Bryant: We mutually kissed.
Detective Winters: Did you start ...?
Bryant: She bent herself over ...
Detective Winters: No, no, no, no. Okay, let me back up to the kissing, okay, at the kissing point okay, did anything escalate at that point, foreplay type issues, you know what Iím grabbing?
Bryant: Yeah, yeah, sure, sure, sure, sure.
Detective Winters: No she put her hand on my penis and thatís it, and then she started playing with that (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Okay. Okay. Um, did she give you oral sex or anything like that?
Bryant: Yes, she did.
Detective Winters: She did?
Bryant: She did.
Detective Winters: For how, when did that happen?
Bryant: For like 5 seconds. I said um, give me a blow job, um, and then (inaudible) kiss it (inaudible) she gave me a blow job.
Detective Loya: So the blow job lasted about 5 seconds.
Bryant: Yeah it was quick.
Detective Loya: Then what happened?
Bryant: Wait not, I mean like she was, kept on doing, I just told her to get up (inaudible) she didnít know what she was doing.
Detective Winters: Did you perform anything else on her?
Bryant: Did I?
Detective Loya: Did you perform oral sex on her or anything like that?
Bryant: I didnít do that.
Bryant: She said I did that to her?
Detective Winters: No, Iím not saying ...
Detective Loya: So you didnít use any kind of protection?
Bryant: Didnít have any. I know you guys are looking at me sketch (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Well, weíre just trying to sort out all the facts. Okay. Weíre trying to figure out (inaudible).
Bryant: (Inaudible) Iím gonna try, I tell you any ... thing you need to know (inaudible).
Detective Loya: Can we, can we keep walking to your room? Which way, is it this way?
Detective Winters: What Iíd like to do is Iíd like to get a little better, Iíd like to get out of here, I donít want people starting to call people, start calling people and go (inaudible)...
Detective Loya: Will you, will you let your security guards know youíre okay, and you donít need em?
Bryant: Yeah. What did she (inaudible).
Detective Loya: Okay, well letís talk about that in your room Kobe.
Bryant: (Inaudible). What she (inaudible)
Detective Winters: Well for one, you just had your knee operated on today and I donít want to keep you standing out here.
Detective Loya: Letís go to your room and then weíll talk in detail, howís that?
Bryant: Just tell me yes or no did she (inaudible)?
Detective Loya: No, she didnít say. What time are you flying out tomorrow?
Bryant: Iím not (inaudible) if I knew (inaudible) knee (inaudible) have an appointment. Oh no. (Whispering.)
Detective Loya: Iím sorry. Not necessarily.
(A lot of background noise and whispering.)
Detective Loya: The security guards are here. Keep the guards here, the guns.
Bryant: (Inaudible) real quick.
(One of Kobeís security, more likely Mike Ortiz): Are you okay or ... ?
Detective Loya: Do me a favor and hang out with these guys here okay.
Detective Winters: Weíll try to get this all sorted out okay.
Bryant: How quickly can you do that?
Detective Winters: Weíre working on that as quickly as we can.
Bryant: Whatever I need to do without making this thing public, I will do man. I donít care what it is man. I will do it.
Detective Loya: Well, if it becomes pubic itís gonna be issues for you. Thereís only so much we can do to prevent that.
Detective Winters: What kind of surgery did you have?
Bryant: Orthoscopic.
Detective Winters: ACL or NCL?
Bryant: Cartilage.
Detective Loya: Do they send everybody out her for ... for it?
Bryant: No itís just um, we did a lot of research and found out that these guys are the best.
Detective Winters: Have you been keeping it because I havenít heard anything really about it.
Bryant: Yeah, weíre trying to keep it quiet, (inaudible) my shoulder operated on.
Detective Winters: You gonna be ready for the season?
Bryant: I donít know man, I donít even know if Iíll be able to play this season with this ... going on. If it becomes public Iíll lose my wife. ...
Bryant: ... and all my endorsements.
Bryant: Two years. My wife and daughter, them mean everything man, everything man, up an until now (inaudible).
Detective Loya: Well, did you think about that before what you were doing though? Itís a chance you take when you play.
Bryant: It was consensual, there was nothing weird you know what I mean.
Detective Winters: Did she say anything to do to provoke any of this to happen?
(Elevator door ringing.)
Bryant: She said she wanted to, you know, she hoped that I would ... her.
Detective Winters: When did she say that?
Bryant: Iím trying to think how it came about, how ...
Detective Winters: Is that your stuff?
Bryant: Yeah thatís mine. I canít believe this girl. What does she want from me?
Detective Loya: Do you want me to carry those for you Kobe?
Bryant: Yeah. What does she want, what does she want?
Detective Winters: I donít think she wants anything.
Detective Loya: What are you willing to give her?
Bryant: She has to want, she has to want something (inaudible) she has to want something.
Detective Winters: What do you mean she has to want something? I donít understand.
Bryant: She has to have a, she has to have a motive, to do, she has to have a motive to do this.
Detective Winters: What would be, what do you think her motive is then?
Detective Loya: Are you willing to pay that if she is?
Bryant; I got to. I got to. Iím in the worst ... situation.
Detective Loya: They donít have any lights in this place? (Chuckle) Why donít you have a seat Kob.
Bryant: These are my boxers, these are them.
Detective Loya: That you wore yesterday?
Detective Winters: What about these clothes? Are those the clothes you wore yesterday?
Detective Winters: What about your shirt?
Bryant: I wore this shirt.
Detective Loya: You wore that @#%$.?
Bryant: Yeah, Iíve been wearing this shirt for like a week cause I went to New York and then um, I had an examination for my knee and (inaudible) have me come out here, so I donít have any clothes, so Iíve been wearing this shirt for like, Iíve been wearing this shirt off and on all the time (inaudible).
Detective Winters: I understand. Okay.
Detective Loya: Why donít you have a seat right here. Have a seat here and put your leg up.
Detective Winters: You need a drink of water or use the bathroom or anything like that?
Detective Winters: Okay. Um, I think we pretty much go the gist of, of what happened, um, what I want you to tell us about what happened during, during all of this that went on last night.
Bryant: Thatís the chair she bent over. (Inaudible).
Detective Winters: OK, how was she bent over?
Bryant: She had leaned right here and she was um, (inaudible).
Detective Loya: And you were ... ?
Detective Winters: Behind.
Bryant: I was like this. I was like this, behind the chair like this.
Detective Winters: Was she clothed or naked?
Bryant: She had her pants on and um, she actually had a skirt on and um, (inaudible) thatís how (inaudible).
(Very low voices talking.)
Detective Winters: Did you actually lift her skirt up?
Bryant: I didnít think ...
Detective Winters: I understand this puts you in a weird position. Obviously. This is a serious allegation and, and what Iíd like to do is Iíd like you to hear me out. Um, okay, um, and I understand this is a serious allegation and obviously if this turns out to be a false allegation sheís obviously gonna be dealt with accordingly okay. Um, but, we do have an allegation right now okay and I feel um, and I understand that you claim that this was consensual okay, um, do you think thereís any possibility that at some point during this entire incident that she said no and it just happened to go on a little bit further and it just and then you quit.
Bryant: No. I stopped (inaudible), I stopped.
Detective Winters: When did she, when did you stop, what, what made you stop?
Bryant: Well I asked her about the ... thing and she was like no, I donít know.
Detective Loya: How many times did you ask her?
Bryant: Once.
Detective Winters: Okay, all right, okay. You said, when, did it stop at that point?
Bryant: Um, did I stop? (Inaudible) She went like this (inaudible), I asked her if I could ... and she was like no um, I thought she was cool, you know, I stopped. I stopped pumping and uh, I just, I just stood there like this (inaudible) and um, then she just moved like this.
Detective Loya: And what happened from there, where did she go?
Bryant: Nothing. She was like um, can I have a couple autographs. You know what um, (inaudible) Iíll give them, Iíll give them to you tomorrow. The penís still there, the pen and the paper she handed to me are still here.
Detective Winters: Whyíd you say youíd give them to her tomorrow?
Bryant: Because I was supposed to see her tomorrow anyway. I could give them to her tomorrow.
Detective Winters: How do you know you were going to see her tomorrow?
Bryant: Because she told me, that was part of the whole conversation. We talked and said okay, like how long youíve been working here blah, blah, blah, I work tomorrow, oh really, (inaudible). Cause I was saying how she works long hours, these are some ... long hours to be doing this ... sheís like (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Okay. Go ahead.
Detective Loya: Why donít you sit back down.
Bryant: She said, how she was actually supposed to get off early but she wanted to stay around and whatever and um, you know (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Okay, um, why wouldnít you give her an autograph that night compared to waiting for tomorrow? I donít understand that.
Bryant: I donít know. I just, I just, I do it like that, thatís what I do. Like sometimes I feel like signing ... right there on the spot, sometimes I donít. I mean you know (inaudible) she hands me the envelope um, ... itís not like you have a lot of basketball stars here you know.
Detective Loya: Whereís the envelope.
Bryant: Hereís the marker.
Detective Loya: Okay. She gave you this marker?
Detective Winters: Um, what, why do you think she would make an allegation like that?
Bryant: I have no idea, thatís exactly what Iím saying, thatís exactly what Iím saying, she must want money or something. It has to be that, because you guys (inaudible) because Iím telling you man, I swear on my life, I did not, I did not sexually assault her in no kind of way whatsoever man. I though she was (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Would you be willing ...?
Detective Winters: Would you be willing to take a polygraph examination?
Bryant: Oh, yeah, Iíd do it. Iíve never done one before (inaudible).
Detective Winters: You know what they are?
Bryant: Yeah. (Inaudible). Thatís like a case isnít it?
Detective Winters: Whatís that?
Bryant: I gotta go to court to do that?
Detective Loya: No. What a polygraph is, itís a lie detector test. What weíll do ...
Bryant: I have to go to court or something?
Detective Loya: No.
Bryant: So how do they do it?
Detective Loya: No. What weíll do is weíll make arrangements to set it up with you. Obviously you donít live out here, so youíd have to fly back out here to take the examination and weíd ask you a series of questions only pertaining to this and if it shows you were being truthful to the questions asked ...
Detective Winters: And obviously itís inadmissible in court, you canít use it in court. But sheís willing to take one. Okay. Sheís willing to take one and Iím just asking if youíd be willing to take one.
Bryant: Yes I am.
Detective Loya: (Inaudible).
Detective Winters: What do you think the results of the, of those tests are gonna be?
Bryant: I would have to say I donít know. Iíve never taken one. Iím nervous right now my hands are shaking. (Inaudible).
Detective Loya: What do you think should happen to somebody that ...
Detective Winters: For one, I can, uh, no. I advise you not to talk to him, okay.
Detective Winters: I, you know, we appreciate your cooperation with us and allowing us in your room and you know, being, being cooperative with us to let us talk to you about this issue. Um, these are tough issues, Iím gonna tell you right now okay. These are very tough issues. They are serious allegations and sheís fully aware of the consequences behind these allegations that are being made, okay. Um, but, I guess weíre, you know this is what Iím having problems with Mr. Bryant um, for one, I donít know if youíre telling me the truth or not, okay. Iím gonna be flat out honest with you and let me finish okay. Iím gonna tell you why all right. Iím the kind of person that Iím gonna tell you, Iím gonna tell it like it is, okay. Iím not gonna beat around the bush. One, you lied to us right off the bat. Okay.
Bryant: Well ... (inaudible).
Detective Winters: And I understand, and just let me finish okay. So one you lied to us, okay, that doesnít help. Two, um, then, then we confront this issue and you seemed a little bit skeptical in the details of exactly what happened throughout the entire incident okay. Iím not saying youíre a person that would do something like this okay. I agree with you, I agree that you got caught up in the moment. Okay. No doubt about it, you know, no doubt about it whatsoever. What I think you got caught up in also Mr. Bryant, is that, and I agree, I, I completely agree you, it was consensual up to the point of the hugging and kissing issue I agree, completely consensual. I have no issues with that whatsoever. What I, what Iím being, what Iím skeptical on is that I donít know how consensual the sexual intercourse was. Okay. I donít, I donít, I guess to be honest with you Iím not sure, Iím not sure, if weíre getting all the facts presented to us as far as exactly what happened. See this is the way I look at it, I you know, I look at it this way, sheís an attractive young lady okay.
Bryant: She wasnít that attractive.
Detective Winters: You know, well, sheís okay, okay. Um, sheís young, you know, sheís excited to see you, no, no questions asked about that whatsoever. And youíre right, you both got caught up in the moment, um, then things started happening with her, she started thinking one way, uh, she started thinking no, I donít want to do this, but then again you know, being the person you are, you are a respectable person. I have the utmost respect for you. But being caught up in the moment (stutter in tape) even though she told you no, you know, Iím not comfortable doing this, you know, I think you tried, you know, just wanted to finish okay.
Bryant: I didnít finish a ... thing.
Detective Winters: And I know it stopped at a certain point okay, um ...
Detective Loya: By, by no means do we think that youíre ...
Bryant: Matter of fact.
Detective Winters: Go ahead.
Bryant: I (inaudible) ... when she left. (Inaudible).
Detective Loya: Mr. Bryant by no means do we think youíre a sexual predator or ...
Bryant: I did not do this. I (Inaudible) at all.
Detective Loya: Anything like that. But, but we do have evidence already where thereís some vaginal tearing where itís consistent more that it was ...
Bryant: (Inaudible). Youíve got to be kidding.
Detective Loya: Well let me finish, but itís consistent with more than just what I believe, more than five minutes of sexual intercourse. Okay.
Bryant: Well, thatís all there was.
Detective Loya: Even though, even though you said it was pretty, youíre pretty big you said it was easy to penetrate her.
Bryant: Yes, went like that and there was no resistance. None. She bent over and ...
Detective Winters: And sheís gonna, and I agree, sheís gonna, there was no resistance ...
Bryant: She didnít (inaudible) ... anything.
Detective Winters: For the fear she was in.
Bryant: Fear, fear, how much fear could she could she be in if she said no?
Detective Winters: Comments, comments made such as you know, that you know um, that, did you ask her that, not to tell anybody about this?
Bryant: Not to tell anybody about what?
Detective Winters: That this happened?
Detective Loya: Did you ever tell, did you ever ...?
Bryant: I asked her, said look if we go swimming, if we go swimming I donít, I donít need you to tell no people that weíre going swimming even though Iím gonna ask Mike Ortiz and those guys or whatever in there. (Inaudible.)

Detective Loya: You never told her not to tell anybody about having sex with her?
Bryant: No cause thatís kinda ... thatís. I told her about the pool thing, I figured you know if she understands what Iím saying and then sheís like well you know Iím not going to say anything.
Detective loya: I have a question though. What did you thing was gonna happen after she left your, and after you had sex with her? What did you think she was gonna tell?
Bryant: What do you mean?
Detective Loya: Well sheís nineteen years old.
Detective Winters: You donít know her.
Bryant: maybe, maybe that you know ... (inaudible). (Detective Loya talking over).
Detective Loya: She had, she just had sexual intercourse with an NBA player. What did you think she was gonna do? What did you think...?
Bryant: I never had sex with her before. I donít know man, I donít know. I have no guarantees.
Detective Loya: Is this, I donít mean to offend you in any way but is this a habit of yours, that you cheat on your wife?
Detective Winters: Has this ever happened before?
Bryant: Um, yes, with one other person. And she could actually testify I do that um, I do the same thing, I hold her from the back, I put my hands (inaudible).
Detective Loya: And whoís that other person?
Bryant: (inaudible) Her name is Michelle. (Inaudible).
Detective Loya: And this is somebody you frequent or one time incident or ...?
Bryant: No. Sheís a, sheís a frequent (inaudible).
Detective Loya: And your wife...
Detective Loya: Obviously your wife doesnít know about this?
Bryant: No. Nothing man, seriously. (Inaudible).
Detective Loya: Well I donít, well I donít know about Detective Winters but I can probably speak for him we donít plan on telling her. But ...
Detective Winters: Weíre not going to tell your wife.
Detective Loya: But, you know, just like he was saying, I think, I think, you know how long have you been away from home?
Bryant: Um, (Inaudible)?
Bryant: (Inaudible) I left Monday.
Detective Loya: Today, well itís Wednesday now.
Detective Winters: Tuesday.
Bryant: (Inaudible) ... I left Saturday (Inaudible).
Detective Loya: Whoís making the arrangements the NBA or you?
Bryant: Uh, (inaudible) ... came out here ... (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Did you fly out private or?
Bryant: Private.
Detective Winters: Into Denver?
Bryant: Into Vail.
Detective Winters: Oh you flew into Vail last night ...
Detective Loya: Into Eagle.
Bryant: (Inaudible) into Eagle.
Detective Loya: Just down the road here?
Detective Winters: You arrived last, or last, the night before?
Detective Winters: Monday night?
Detective Loya: Is there anything else you think we should know that might help the investigation, that could probably help you out a little but ... or think itís important that we need to know?
Bryant: Nothing I can think of. (Inaudible).
Detective Loya: So just to reiterate and correct me if Iím wrong, you met her when you got here, you asked her to show you around the property?
Bryant: Uh, no, not immediately.
Detective Loya: Not immediately, but later in the evening.
Bryant: Right.
Detective Loya: You asked her to show you around the property, after showing you around the property you guys ended up here?
Bryant: (Inaudible). Ended up here.
Detective Loya: She took you out to the balcony.
Bryant: (Inaudible) took me out here (inaudible) the bears uh (inaudible) talk it up a little bit, (inaudible) I sat down right there and she was sitting next tome and I sat right there and started to shoot the ... about stuff.
Detective Loya: And then what happened?
Bryant: Um, she (inaudible).
Detective Loya: Did you make the first move, did she make the first move?
Bryant: Uh, (inaudible).
Detective Loya: When did she make the comment that she wanted to sleep with you?
Bryant: When we were having sex.
Detective Loya: What exactly did she say?
Bryant: She was like when I saw you arrive I (inaudible), I was like okay, (inaudible) ... I just felt like it and thatís exactly what I said, and you guys can take that however the ... you want, cause thatís what she ... said ... okay, thatís exactly...
Detective Loya: Okay, you guys started kissing, making out, talked to her about the tattoo things?
Bryant: No that was before.
Detective Loya: That was before...?
Bryant: She was sitting right here told me about the tattoo.
Detective Loya: Okay. So you guys started making out?
Bryant: Then she stood up right there and told me about the tattoo on her shoulder.
Detective Loya: Did you pull her panties down or did she pull them down?
Bryant: Laughter ... I pulled them down. Cause she lifted, she lifted up her skirt so I could, so I could grab her butt. (Inaudible)... I was you know just doing regular things, all of a sudden man she lifted up her skirt. (Inaudible) ...and then from behind and then you know she grabbed (inaudible).
Detective Loya: With her vagina?
Bryant: And she (inaudible) from behind my butt.
Detective Winters: Your penis?
Bryant: Yes. (Inaudible). In my opinion ..., in my opinion (inaudible) my pants (inaudible).
Detective Loya: So she went into your pants?
Detective Winters: How did she do that if youíre from behind?
Bryant: No, thatís when she started having sex with me, we stood up right here and started having the you know, the foreplay happened right here. Right here, we stood up right here (inaudible) the hug goodbye thing or whatever.
Detective Loya: Do you have an I.D. on you Kobe?
Bryant: Huh?
Detective Loya: Do you have and I.D.?
Detective Loya: No? Okay.
Bryant: K-O-B-E B-E-A-N B-R-Y-A-N-T
Detective Winters: (Inaudible).
Detective Loya: Iím sorry whatís your middle name?
Bryant: B-E-A-N.
Detective Loya: Bryant. Whatís your date of birth?
Bryant: August 23, 1978.
Detective Loya: And whatís your physical address?
Detective Winters: Well we need it for... weíre not gonna give it out to anybody.
Bryant: (Bryant provides his home address, which will not be listed here)
Detective Loya: Whatís your phone number.
Bryant: (Bryant provides his phone numbers, which will not be listed here).
Detective Loya: Do you uh, whatís your uh, do you have a California drivers license?
Detective Winters: We need it for her files.
Detective Winters: (Winters asks for Bryantís Social Security number, which Bryant provides).
Detective Winters: Um, so what youíre saying is, that this, this is all a mistake this is all consensual.
Detective Loya: And you donít have any reason, and you donít have any idea why she would make some kind... cause this is a real serious allegation and we...
Bryant: I know it is but what do you want me to do, I canít, thereís nothing I can do.
Detective Loya: You have a 5-month-old daughter?
Detective Loya: Imagine your daughter being nineteen and she comes home and tells you this, how would you react?
Bryant: I know, Iíd be very pissed. I mean I would listen to her side of the story but I would (inaudible) too (inaudible) if sheíd do anything like that.
Detective Winters: Well is it possible that no words were exchanged, nobody said hey Kobe I want to have sex with you or hey baby I want to have sex with you? Did that ever occur?
Bryant: Did what?
Detective Winters: Did you ever ask her to have sex or did she ever ask you to have sex?
Detective Winters: How do you know that it was mutual to have sex?
Bryant: We just started kissing I asked her I said you know, (inaudible) she bent over, and she walked over on her own free will. She was standing right here, right here weíre kissing and she, she put her foot up here all by herself if that wasnít consensual (inaudible) ...
Detective Winters: Did she cry, did she cry at any time during this?
Bryant: Did she cry, no.
Detective Loya: After the act was completed?
Bryant: She didnít cry at all.
Detective Loya: After the act was completed where did you go, when you pulled out, you said she slipped off?
Bryant: I didnít say she slipped off, she just you know removed herself from...
Detective Winters: You said earlier she slipped off, I donít understand, I asked you (inaudible).
Bryant: I said she slid off.
Detective Loya: Slid off.
Bryant: Slid off like when uh
Detective Loya: Ok.
Bryant: (Inaudible) That was when I stood there like this (inaudible) and uh you know (inaudible) put it back in my pants (inaudible) so you know, (inaudible) that was it, no more no nothing.
Detective Loya: What did she do, did she?
Bryant: She kissed goodbye. Boom.
Detective Loya: Did she put her clothes on?
Bryant: yeah, like the same thing I did. I put my thing back my pants when I through and she ...
Detective Loya: So then after that you immediately kissed and she left?
Bryant: No, she didnít leave, we kissed goodbye, we kissed goodbye.
Detective Winters. Well how long was it after is stopped before she left?
Bryant: Uh, I donít know, I canít I donít know the time, but like three minutes, I donít know, we kissed right here, like goodbye (inaudible) then I walked her to the door. We to the door and she left. No crying no nothing. (Inaudible).
Detective Winters: I donít understand, but I guess what I donít understand is why (inaudible) what she was doing (inaudible). Her familyís fairly well off why would she (inaudible).
Bryant: (Inaudible). I donít know. (Inaudible). All I know is that (inaudible).
Detective Loya: But they also have to go through the same process youíre going through too.
Bryant: Yeah but youíre asking me stuff like a statement or (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Well, and Iím gonna be straight up honest with you Kobe, I donít know if the information is gonna get out okay, if the press calls me at this point in the investigation, um, Iím gonna explain to that that this is an ongoing investigation, that weíre looking into the matter and thatís all I can explain.
Detective Loya: And youíre saying she gave you this marker Kobe?
Detective Loya: With these cards?
Bryant: That was after. After we had sex is when she gave it to me. After.
Detective Winters: Where did she give it to you from?
Bryant: Standing after the kissing we started walking around she said how bout that autograph because I joked with her upstairs, I said um, all of us were walking, me, my trainer, my two security guards, weíre walking and I said I might be able to have one of em because people donít bother me if you have no boyfriend so then sheís like well, you know, can I get your autograph.
Detective Winters: Where did she pull that out from?
Bryant: Um, I guess she had it in her, her jacket pocket (inaudible) a coat pocket.
Detective Loya: Did her jacket ever come off during intercourse?
Bryant: She took off her jacket off when she sat down. (Inaudible).
Detective Winters: Well like I say, I canít promise you that itís not gonna get out. I donít know Mr. Bryant, I just donít know. I wish I could honestly, honestly answer you that this, this isnít gonna get out, but I donít know. Uh, you know as well as I do the situation might be yeah, a lot of times they do come in but for all I know maybe other people, other celebrities have been investigated. We all donít know but thatís possible.
Detective Loya: And sheís been made aware, very well aware by Detective Winters of the seriousness of the allegations and repercussions if she is making a false statement and all that. She was brought in.
Bryant: She had all this time to sit there and thing that this happened coincidentally or whatever and um (unclear) the strangling thing you have to go talk to this girl (inaudible) Michelle.
Detective Loya: She has a bruise on her neck.
Bryant: Yeah I mean thatís you know me and Michelle, thatís what we, we do the same thing.
Detective Winters: Thatís your thing. How many times did you have sex with Michelle?
Bryant: A lot. Sheíll tell you the same ...
Detective Loya: Do you have her number?
Bryant: Um not right here.
Detective Winters: Do you usually have sex with...?
Bryant: (Inaudible) wonít be back in New York...
Detective Loya: Whoís Mike, a security guard?
Bryant: Sheís not gonna be back in New York until after (inaudible).
Detective Loya: Is he your private security guard or is it through a company?
Bryant: Through a company called O&R.
Detective Winters: Okay, um, is that, is that do you normally, when you see Michelle in a bar do you hook up with her?
Bryant: Well no, I mean sheís not (inaudible) sheís cool but thatís pretty much what we do.
Detective Winters: And obviously I think your wife doesnít need to know.
Bryant: Oh, no.
Detective Winters: Well youíre an adult, youíre a man, you know the noble thing you need to do. I canít tell you whether you need to call your wife or not but thatís a decision youíre gonna have to make. Um, Murphyís Law states that whatever can go wrong will ... so whether you tell your wife thatís up to you but I have no intentions of telling your wife. Now there may come a time where I, being the detective on the case, where I may need to talk to, say hey Mr. Bryant you know, hey I need to ask you about this thereís something that came up. I canít say that I wonít, I mean whoís to say that your wife wonít answer the phone.
Detective Loya: Unless you have a number that we can call you at whereís sheís not gonna answer the phone, but we donít want you to avoid us.
Bryant: No sir.
Detective Loya: You gonna avoid us though or you gonna?
Bryant: No, no, no, no, no.
Detective Winters: No Iíll do what I can, you know, Mr. Bryant I canít promise you anything I just want you to know...
Detective Loya: Cause if you avoid us Kobe, thatís really gonna hit the public.
Bryant: Why the ... would I avoid you for? Call me. I donít care. Call me.
Detective Winters: Well Kobe, I donít think youíre gonna avoid us, youíve been real cooperative with us you know, youíve been real cool about everything, but uh, I guess at this time do you have any questions for us?
Bryant: Yeah, what is going to happen next?
Detective Winters: Okay. And Iím gonna explain everything about what happens here shortly.
Detective Loya: Cause weíre gonna need some things from you too.
Bryant: (Inaudible) Tell me what happens.
Detective Winters: Okay. Real quickly though, what Iím gonna do it, Iím gonna call down and call ... and Iím gonna have her bring me some bags so we can collect evidence (inaudible) that whatís gonna happen is um, would you be willing to consent to a sexual examination kit?
Detective Winters: (Inaudible) ... Basically itís called a male sexual examination kit, okay (inaudible).
Detective Loya: We should just work straight through, itís gonna be 5, 6:00 but (inaudible) in Eagle and maybe (inaudible).
(Background voice) Do you need me or?
Detective Loya: Okay. Its okay now. Hey Ko, Kobe, Kobe?
Bryant: I donít believe this man, what?
Detective Loya: Letís not blow this out more than what it already is, letís just take it one day at a time and go from there. Youíre not being arrested or anything like that.
Detective Winters: No, what we want to do is take to the hospital and weíll have an examination performed and then you guys can take him back up here. You can follow us down there. Itís gonna be about two to three hours.
Detective Loya: Or the other thing is we can, if you want to give us a minute we can call you where thereís about an hour left. Weíll meet you there.
Detective Winters: Okay, Iím gonna be up front with you right now. I have a court order so it doesnít matter whether you consent or not.
Bryant: No and I donít care about that. Iím talking to the trainer.
Bryant: I donít care about that (inaudible)....
Detective Winters: Yeah thatís fine.
Carbone: I believe ...
Detective Loya: Are you a trainer?
Carbone: Yeah, Iím his trainer.
Detective Loya: Come on Andy.
Carbone: Would you mind if he just spoke to somebody before you guys take him down there?
Bryant: (Inaudible). Yeah. Iíd just like to (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Now, well hereís, we need to go. I mean time, I donít want ...
Detective Loya: Itís 2:00 in the morning.
Detective Winters: I donít to drag this out any longer than we need to.
(Unclear who is speaking) Can we drain this before you go?
Detective Winters: Absolutely go for it.
Bryant: (Inaudible) I was hoping if I can drain this Iíll be (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Drain it.
Detective Loya: How do you guys, how do you guys want to do this, do you want to follow us down, or do you want us to call you when thereís about an hour left in the exam?
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: We need to follow you down but we donít have a vehicle you know.
Detective Loya: You guys donít have a vehicle?
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: We donít.
Detective Winters: Howíve you been getting around?
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: (Inaudible) you know somebody taking ...
Detective Loya: A shuttle kind of.
Probably Mike Ortiz: Yeah. A limo service.
Detective Winters: Can you call the limo service?
Detective Loya: Cause you canít ride with us. We donít have a vehicle to provide for you.
Detective Winters: I mean, I would rather, I would rather one of you guys come follow us.
Detective Loya: you wonít ride with us.
Detective Winters: No, we need (inaudible).
Detective Loya: But when weíre done we want to turn him over to you.
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: Okay. Real quick and where do we go?
Detective Winters: Weíre going to Glenwood Springs. You get on the interstate and youíre gonna head west toward Eagle, like toward the airport.
Detective Loya: Why donít you write it so he can read your handwriting. Itís Glenwood Springs and itís gonna be, youíre gonna go I-70, you know where I-70 is at, right?
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: I-70.
Detective Loya: I-70 westbound.
Detective Loya: To exit 116.
Detective Loya: Are you guys gonna follow us or not?
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: Well we donít have a car, we have to get a hold of one.
Detective Loya: No. Okay. At the exit youíre gonna take a right.
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: 116 exit?
Detective Loya: Yeah, 116 exit and youíre gonna take a right.
Detective Loya: Yeah, right. Youíll come to a stop light intersection at that stop light intersection and youíre gonna take another right.
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: Okay, stoplight, intersection, right.
Detective Loya: Okay. Youíre gonna stay on that road youíre gonna go over the bridge itís Grand Avenue. Youíre gonna go over that bridge...
Unknown voice talking: How are you gonna (inaudible).
Detective Loya: to the Taco Bell. You canít miss it.
Detective Winters: It helps if you put pressure on it whatever you (inaudible) I donít care. (Inaudible) I donít care.
Detective Loya: Once you go over the bridge you keep going and thereíll be a Taco Bell on your left hand side about a mile, two miles down Grand Avenue. Yeah, youíre not from around here.
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: No, no Iím not.
Detective Loya: Itís probably not as complicated as L.A.
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: Whatís that?
Detective Loya: Itís probably not as complicated at L.A.
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: I donít know.
Detective Loya: You guys from L.A. or?
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: No. But what is it called?
Detective Loya: Valley View Hospital and the phone number there is ...
Detective Loya: Iíll give you my cell number too, just in case you guys get lost. Um, 970. The area code is 970 for all these.
Detective Loya: (Loya provides his cell phone number) Sorry for the inconvenience for you guys, but ...
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: You donít even know.
Detective Loya: Youíre right.
Detective Winters: (Inaudible) um with everything that youíre thinking uh, believe me youíre gonna want your crutches, youíre probably gonna want your pain meds if you need it, you might just as well take it anyway. (inaudible).
Detective Winters: Yeah grab me and take em.
Detective Loya: Hang tight and letís get your meds. (Someone opening a paper bag).
(Inaudible) ... I guess (inaudible) one of us can run him back up. Do you guys, hey are you guys gonna have, hang tight real quick, are you guys gonna have access to a vehicle or ...?
Probably Mike Ortiz speaking: Weíre gonna try to get one (inaudible).
Detective Loya: See if the hotel will lend you one or something.
Bryant: I would really feel more comfortable if just one of them could ride even in the back seat or something.
Detective Loya: Thatís not possible man, nobody else rides in our cars. Itís just our insurance policy. Iíll lose my job if anything else goes that way.
Bryant: So can uh, Troy (Laster, one if his security guards) you wait here.
Detective Loya: Which wayís which. I donít know how we get out of here?
Detective Winters: Take the elevator or the stairs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EricaLubarsky
09-16-2004, 07:24 PM
Erica, just visit the politcal arena and all of the answers to your questions will be crystal clear.

I still don't understand the connection between Kobe Bryant and being a democrat, but since I blew my mouse out trying to scroll through the two copies of a 12 page document, I think I may concede

Male30Dan
09-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Wow... I just read all of that and man... I dont know what to think about Kobe... This guy is cheating on his wife with multiple partners, and on multiple ocassions... So much to take in... I need to eat dinner and come back to this later!

chumdawg
09-16-2004, 08:12 PM
It was kinda funny when he said: "She wasn't that attractive." In a way, that makes you think he might do this kind of thing more often than he lets on.

mary
09-16-2004, 08:14 PM
I just read this comment on a Lakers board concerning the transcript.

2) He was worried about his wife and kid FOREMOST, and then endorsements and what not, unlike previous media statements that he was worried about his endorsements and career

Honestly, what the hell is going on in California that make people this stupid? Nuclear testing? Overexposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays? Too much botox? How can anyone read that transcript and think that Kobe's FOREMOST concern was about his wife when he's talking about bending a teenage girl that he just met over a chair. And its not like its just one Laker Fan - most laker fans are like this - they will do anything they can to justify Kobe's behavior so they can still idolize their precious hero. Its really pathetic. Kobe's FOREMOST concern was covering his own ass. Anyone who's not too busy sucking Kobe's balls (aka Laker Fans), should be able to realize that.

EricaLubarsky
09-16-2004, 08:17 PM
there are a lot of heavy metals in the groundwater.

capitalcity
09-16-2004, 09:31 PM
Incredible. Kobe has trouble comprehending the reality of two Police Detectives in his hotel room at 2 a.m. investigating a crime.

Could he really think the situation was fixable at that moment - with his celebrity or money or influence?

"this is my career" - "i'll lose all my endorsements"

what a total scum bag

dirno2000
09-17-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by: mary
I just read this comment on a Lakers board concerning the transcript.

2) He was worried about his wife and kid FOREMOST, and then endorsements and what not, unlike previous media statements that he was worried about his endorsements and career

Honestly, what the hell is going on in California that make people this stupid? Nuclear testing? Overexposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays? Too much botox? How can anyone read that transcript and think that Kobe's FOREMOST concern was about his wife when he's talking about bending a teenage girl that he just met over a chair. And its not like its just one Laker Fan - most laker fans are like this - they will do anything they can to justify Kobe's behavior so they can still idolize their precious hero. Its really pathetic. Kobe's FOREMOST concern was covering his own ass. Anyone who's not too busy sucking Kobe's balls (aka Laker Fans), should be able to realize that.This wasnít even the funniest comment that I read on a Lakers board. One poster rationalized Kobeís relationship with ďMelissaĒ by saying he and he wife probably had an agreement. It was later pointed out that Kobe admitted his wife didnít know about her.

I wouldnít knock all Lakers fans. There are thousands, consequently millions of Lakers fans that donít post on or have never heard of Lakerstalk, Lakersground etc. Iím sure more than a few of them are disgusted with Kobe on a personal level. Lakerstalk in particular is really Kobecentric so the comments aren't suprising.

After reading his statements, I still donít know if he did it. I was shocked to find that someone who knows Magic Johnson personally was apparently willing to venture into that most forbidden of portals sans a condom. Like it or not, men cheat, but to endanger the life of your spouse is even worse than cheating on her.

StvNash13
09-18-2004, 02:15 PM
Honestly, what the hell is going on in California that make people this stupid?

Honestly, think about what you post. There are mavs fans here from california, so have some goddamn respect. Now, generalizing Californians based on some homer's remarks about his favorite player IS stupid.

I completely agree that cheating on your partner and NOT using condoms is one of the most immoral and terrible things to do.

StvNash13
09-18-2004, 02:19 PM
double trouble

Arne
09-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Man... In this state of the US, you will find all sorts of idiots. People Accusing whole states of being stupid, while they live in a state, which brought up the most stupid President of the US, and while they decide about politicians by comparing them with their first fish they caught...

mary
09-18-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by: StvNash13
Honestly, what the hell is going on in California that make people this stupid?

Honestly, think about what you post. There are mavs fans here from california, so have some goddamn respect. Now, generalizing Californians based on some homer's remarks about his favorite player IS stupid.

I completely agree that cheating on your partner and NOT using condoms is one of the most immoral and terrible things to do.

First of all, those two words I've highlighted in bold never really belong in the same sentence. If you want respect, then show some yourself. Secondly, I think it was pretty obvious in my post who I was referring to. My beef is with Laker fans, not necessarily Californians. In this age of political correctness, I should know better than to make a blanket statement and just expect people to be able to discern my meaning. But I'm terribly sorry if you honestly thought I was condemning every single person that lives within the political boundaries of California. After all, you did elect the Terminator to lead your state - so who am I to judge i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/moon.gif

Obviously, since you gave such an intelligent, friendly response to my post, you are a fine human being regardless of the state you live in.

mary
09-18-2004, 08:38 PM
This wasnít even the funniest comment that I read on a Lakers board. One poster rationalized Kobeís relationship with ďMelissaĒ by saying he and he wife probably had an agreement. It was later pointed out that Kobe admitted his wife didnít know about her.

I wouldnít knock all Lakers fans. There are thousands, consequently millions of Lakers fans that donít post on or have never heard of Lakerstalk, Lakersground etc. Iím sure more than a few of them are disgusted with Kobe on a personal level. Lakerstalk in particular is really Kobecentric so the comments aren't suprising.

Dirno, you're absolutely right. Lakerstalk is no more representative of Laker Fans than Mavs Talk is representative of Maverick fans. I usually read Lakerstalk for a good laugh but the Kobe Criminal Case section is enough to make anyone's eyes bleed and put me in a bad mood! I'm sure California is a lovely state and most Laker fans are reasonable people. On the other hand, I do believe that most people are more forgiving of the behavior of athletes when they happen to play for their team.