PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats sign Steve Smith

fin4life
09-16-2004, 03:45 PM
The Bobcats signed the free agent and former all-star guard to an undisclosed contract today.

"Steve Smith is the consummate professional, both on and off the court, and he will be a great leader for our young team," said general manager and head coach Bernie Bickerstaff. "Steve is one of the finest shooters to play the game and he competes every time he steps on the court, which is what our team is all about."

I got this off of realgm.com. I dont really think much of this considering the fact that the bobcats will suck this year... and the fact the smith is obviously not the future

EricaLubarsky
09-16-2004, 03:50 PM
Bobcats Sign Veteran Guard Smith

Charlotte, NC -- The Charlotte Bobcats signed free agent shooting guard Steve Smith on Thursday. (http://www.nbc4i.com/nba/3736749/detail.html)

Smith spent the 2003-04 campaign with New Orleans after signing with the Hornets as a free agent. In 71 games last season, he averaged just five points per outing.

The 35-year-old Smith is a 13-year NBA veteran, having also enjoyed stints with Miami, Atlanta, Portland and San Antonio. He captured an NBA championship with the Spurs in 2003.

The Michigan State product has participated in 892 career games and has posted averages of 14.7 points, 3.4 rebounds and 3.2 assists.

"Steve Smith is the consummate professional, both on and off the court, and he will be a great leader for our young team," said general manager and head coach Bernie Bickerstaff. "Steve is one of the finest shooters to play the game and he competes every time he steps on the court, which is what our team is all about."

In addition to his success in the NBA, Smith was also a member of the gold medal-winning United States national teams at the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney and at the 1994 World Championships in Toronto.

Copyright 2004 Courtesy of SportsNetwork.