PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant shoves David Copperfield

Evilmav2
09-22-2004, 02:51 AM
It's Kobe vs. The World...

http://www.smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1060145762280_2003/08/07/rhs_kobebryant.jpg
Kobe Bryant shoves David Copperfield
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday 21st September, 2004

Kobe Bryant, after being booed off stage, reportedly shoved illusionist David Copperfield aside at Las Vegas' World Music Awards, it was reported Monday. The basketball star and Copperfield were backstage at last Wednesday's awards show watching Usher perform when Bryant said "I've got to see this" and rudely pushed Copperfield in order to get a better look, MSNBC said. "Afterwards, David said something like, 'Maybe I should just snap his neck or something,'" said an unidentified source." UPI

"(Kobe) didn't push me. I pushed him and I have the DNA to prove it," the illusionist said." UPI

"Bryant was being super-friendly and sort of flirty with the young women in those slinky outfits who carry around the awards. But after he got booed off stage, he came back in a bad mood," the source said." UPI

"“But after he got booed off stage, he came back in a bad mood. Usher started performing and Kobe said, ‘I’ve got to see this’ but David Copperfield and some friends were watching and he couldn’t see so he very rudely pushed David Copperfield aside. Afterwards, David said something like, ‘Maybe I should just snap his neck or something.’” MSNBC

MSNBC Link (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6030676/)

EricaLubarsky
09-22-2004, 02:56 AM
hey, at least "Show-be" is a good show.

Drbio
09-22-2004, 10:56 AM
There is nothing good about kobe. He is an amoral horses ass (and that is offensive the ass end of horses everywhere).

GoMavsGo
09-22-2004, 11:35 AM
kobe is such an awesome player...but hes such a bitch!

alby
09-22-2004, 11:44 AM
kobe is damn overrated

vinnieponte
09-22-2004, 01:17 PM
i've just heard that a) kobe is overrated & b) he is worthless??? I beg to differ, I would do anything to have Kobe on the Mavs and don't lie cause you would too. Ok so outside of basketball he is tarnished, but when he is on the court, he is everything we have needed, a proven game winner. So you guys can talk all the trash you want, yet kobe is by far one of the best players today.

EricaLubarsky
09-22-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
i've just heard that a) kobe is overrated & b) he is worthless??? I beg to differ, I would do anything to have Kobe on the Mavs and don't lie cause you would too. Ok so outside of basketball he is tarnished, but when he is on the court, he is everything we have needed, a proven game winner. So you guys can talk all the trash you want, yet kobe is by far one of the best players today.

winners don't combust teams.

dalmations202
09-22-2004, 01:33 PM

You can have him on your team. I don't want to win that way.

LRB
09-22-2004, 01:52 PM

I might trade Dickeau, TAW, and Eshmeyer for him. I might trade Fin for him as well, but that's probabaly about it. No doubt that Kobe is a talented player, but he brings way too much excess baggage with him to give up too much. Kobe is not that much of a team player, look at his role in the cratering of the Fakers. All things considered, I'd rather go with what we've got than try and make major changes in order to get Kobe on the roster.

bernardos70
09-22-2004, 09:02 PM
Let's see how Show-be does this year without the diesel drawing double teams for a whole season. Then I'll get back to you. I'll concede is a great basketball player, but is it worth all the offcourt drama? You gotta factor that in, it's not as simple as "he's a great player, we would do anything to get him."

cheesestar
09-22-2004, 09:05 PM
wow... as if he doesnt need anymore negative coverage

the crowd was right in booing him

Evilmav2
09-22-2004, 10:20 PM
I have a funny feeling that Kobe's game is going to "Go Penny" on us this year, and after his team tanks, his attitude may just "Go J.R. Rider".

Without Shaq on his squad, I can't help but imagine that Kobe's FG% is going to drop precipitously, he's going to shorten his career and expose himself to injury by playing a hard 40 mpg while trying to score 30 ppg, and his depleted, small-forward ridden team will have to struggle and fight just to stay out of the lottery. Kobe would never want to admit or imagine this, but his game and his team are almost certainly going to suffer terribly in the absence of the Big Shaq, so I won't be at all surprised if we end up seeing an angry Kobe lash out at people around him again and again, as he and his team sinks further and further into the swamps of NBA mediocrity, and Kobe's legacy is further blighted and diminished...

Drbio
09-22-2004, 10:39 PM
vinnie- I can unequivocally state that I would NEVER want the asshole cancer that is showbe the drama puss on my Mavs. Ever. I wouldn't trade TAW for that asswipe straight up.

vinnieponte
09-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by: Drbio
vinnie- I can unequivocally state that I would NEVER want the asshole cancer that is showbe the drama puss on my Mavs. Ever. I wouldn't trade TAW for that asswipe straight up.

that doesn't suprise me, we're both mavs fans and hell, were comfortable with loosing right?

sike
09-23-2004, 11:11 AM

that doesn't suprise me, we're both mavs fans and hell, were comfortable with loosing right?
quit putting words in my mouth....no, I am not comfortable with losing(or loosing for that matter) and I cannot agree with this either: "I would do anything to have Kobe on the Mavs and don't lie cause you would too."....maybe you love and overvalue Kobe, but that does not mean I have to.

seal614
09-23-2004, 01:46 PM
say no to kobe

you won't be the first...

TripleDipping
09-23-2004, 04:41 PM

Now I know how an asshole cancer looks like... thanks DrBio.

alby
09-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Don't get me wrong, Kobe is a great talent, but I wouldnt even put him in the same class as today's top tier players: Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Shaq. Dirk is also not there yet, he has always had Steve and Mike running by his side.. hopefully after this year that will all change.

All you have to ask yourself is this.. What if KG had Shaq in his prime for eight years? What if TD had Shaq in his prime for eight years? What if AI had Shaq in his prime for eight years? What if Tmac had Shaq in his prime for eight years? What if Dirk had Shaq in his prime for eight years? Kobe has been extremely blessed with having the opportunity to play with the most dominant force in the history of the nba. Now we will see what he is made of.

poohrichardson
09-24-2004, 03:23 AM
I don't mean to cry "conspiracy!" or anything.. but there are just too many Kobe smear stories going around for me to take them all seriously..

Murphy3
09-24-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by: poohrichardson
I don't mean to cry "conspiracy!" or anything.. but there are just too many Kobe smear stories going around for me to take them all seriously..

Things come out in the public when you're dealing with a jackass like Kobe.

birdsanctuary
09-24-2004, 11:35 PM
I don't blame Kobe, with Copperfield topping the charts at 150 lbs and 5-8.

Big Dave should have made his dick disappear!

birdsanctuary
09-24-2004, 11:36 PM
d.p.

mavsfanforever
09-25-2004, 12:26 AM

I would trade for Kobe and turn back and trade him again to Portland Jailblazers.