PDA

View Full Version : Christie will miss camp after treatment on his foot

MavsFanFinley
09-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Christie will miss camp after treatment on his foot

By Joe Davidson -- Bee Staff Writer
September 25, 2004

Kings guard Doug Christie, known for his durability as much as his defensive prowess, will miss the team's training camp that starts next week after undergoing treatment on his left foot Friday to ease discomfort from plantar fasciitis.

The 13-year veteran who has missed just three games because of injury or illness in his five Kings seasons, had a 30-minute procedure - called extra corporeal shockwave treatment - performed by Dr. Randall Sarte at Healthsouth Surgery Center in Sacramento.

The treatment consists of placing a large gel pad on the heel that releases pulsed energy.
An All-NBA defensive first-or second-team member in each of the last four seasons, Christie is expected to be sidelined for up to five weeks.

Neither Christie nor anyone from the Kings' front office could be reached for comment following the late afternoon team announcement.

Christie's foot ailed him in May during the Western Conference semifinals against the Minnesota Timberwolves, a series in which he sat out of practices or shootarounds to ease pressure on his foot. Plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the soft tissue that connects the heel bone to the toes. It can be extremely painful.

The condition bothered Kings forward Peja Stojakovic during parts of the 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons, and it sidelined Minnesota shooter Wally Szczerbiak for 53 games last season.

Said Szczerbiak during last season's playoffs: "Plantar fasciitis, oh man, (it is) the worst. ... The only thing that heals it is rest."

Christie's absence in the exhibition season allows Kings draft choices Kevin Martin and Ricky Minard more opportunities in training camp and games.

capitalcity
09-25-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Christie will miss camp after treatment on his foot

Christie's foot ailed him in May during the Western Conference semifinals against the Minnesota Timberwolves, a series in which he sat out of practices or shootarounds to ease pressure on his foot. Plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the soft tissue that connects the heel bone to the toes. It can be extremely painful.

Said Szczerbiak during last season's playoffs: "Plantar fasciitis, oh man, (it is) the worst. ... The only thing that heals it is rest."

Plantar Faciitis is easily preventable. Maintain proper weight, pay close attention to your choice of footwear, and routinely stretch the plantar fascia tendon before and after exercise.

Once you've had a bout with PF you'll learn your lesson.
DONT go barefoot and remember to exercise your feet before you ever get out of bed.

Invest in a pair of Birkenstock Sandals. Keep them next to your bed and don't ever walk around the house without them on. Don't waste money on a Doctors visit - use that cash for some anatomically designed footwear.

german engineering for your feet (http://www.instepaustin.com)

sike
09-25-2004, 02:28 PM
I love how the kings are falling apart....

Fah Q
09-25-2004, 04:53 PM
I wonder if his wife told him to have the treatment done.

capitalcity
09-25-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by: Fah Q
I'm sure the dialogue went something like this......

Doug: "what do you think i should do honey?"
Jackie: "you should have the treatment done."

Doug: "well, i dunno.....maybe i should.....or perhaps i will..."
Jackie: "okay, how about I bash in your car windows & set it on fire ......then you have the treatment."

Doug: "sorry honey - temporary lapse in judgement. you're always right honey."

-damn that Bitch is pyscho

dirno2000
09-25-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by: capitalcity

Jackie: "okay, how about I bash in your car windows & set it on fire ......then you have the treatment."

-damn that Bitch is pyschoIt's like you were in the room

sike
09-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by: dirno2000

Originally posted by: capitalcity

-damn that Bitch is pyschoIt's like you were in the room

its like you are the wife. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

bernardos70
09-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by: sike
I love how the kings are falling apart....

Me too, but then again, the alternative is have another team who can't shoot worth a damn averaging 80-85 points a night. The NBA is loaded up on those.

Drbio
09-27-2004, 12:40 AM
Chrissy got a boo boo? How sad.