PDA

View Full Version : Scott Williams

fin4life
09-28-2004, 09:28 PM
ESPN.com news services
CLEVELAND -- Veteran center Scott Williams signed a one-year contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday, giving the team an experienced big man to back up Zydrunas Ilgauskas on what remains a relatively young team.

Williams, 36, won three NBA titles with the Chicago Bulls during a 14-year professional career that has included stops in Dallas, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Milwaukee and Denver.

The 6-foot-10 Williams played in 43 games last season with Phoenix and Dallas, averaging 4.6 points and 3.1 rebounds in 12.3 minutes.

Earlier this month the Cavaliers lost a chance to add Jake Tsakalidis when the Memphis Grizzlies matched Cleveland's three-year offer sheet.

After losing free agent power forward Carlos Boozer in the offseason, the Cavaliers acquired Drew Gooden in a trade with Orlando and signed free agent Robert "Tractor" Traylor. The addition of Williams, who can play power forward and center, adds to the depth.

"Scott will be a valuable contributor for us on the court and to our team in the locker room," Cavaliers general manager Jim Paxson said. "He helps solidify our frontcourt rotation and gives us another proven winner. His insight and experience will be a tremendous asset to our team."

I though this was Interesting considering he was a maverick last season. I guess that is a good fit for him, I was kinda expecting him to retire.

sike
09-28-2004, 09:51 PM
bye Scott..you waived a towel with the best of 'em!